Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow Is Trending Up!
This fantasy site that I subscribed to had some good things to say about Burrow:

Quote:After a rough start to training camp, Bengals QB Joe Burrow has "been stacking one quality practice on top of another over the past 10 days," Sports Illustrated's James Rapien writes. Burrow went 11 of 15 with 3 TDs in team drills on Monday, per Rapien, and also scrambled for a pair of 1st downs. That last note is especially encouraging for a guy returning from a serious knee injury. Burrow isn't going to play this preseason, so these practice reports are all we'll get before Week 1. He's probably not a guy you'll want to trust in that opener vs. the Vikings -- but Burrow could certainly be an every-week QB1 by October.

Progressing, improving, and trusting the knee is the best possible news!

Our offensive line looked decent in the preseason and I'm just asking them to keep Burrow upright and healthy, which, with it sounding like he's having decent mobility, would lead to a GREAT season with all of our weapons!

We need Chase to stop having alligator arms, but let's let him get back into full-game mode and see what we have!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 02:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We need Chase to stop having alligator arms, but let's let him get back into full-game mode and see what we have!

WHO-DEY!

Yeah, Chase needs to get over his drops but it's worth saying that Allen gave him no help last night.  He was all over the place and at least twice he was leading Chase straight into getting blown up by the safety.   We don't need our #1 pick to get killed in a preseason game for meaningless PFF stats.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 03:33 PM)Roland Wrote: Yeah, Chase needs to get over his drops but it's worth saying that Allen gave him no help last night.  He was all over the place and at least twice he was leading Chase straight into getting blown up by the safety.   We don't need our #1 pick to get killed in a preseason game for meaningless PFF stats.

Same thing I was thinking.

After a year off, let's hope he can turn it back on though for the first regular season game.  I'm sure he's an entirely different player with Burrrow throwing him the ball and with the knowledge that Burrow would never throw a ball leading him to certain death like that.
Reply/Quote
While there are tons of fantasy formats, it's worth mentioning that a guy can be a QB 1 simply because his team sucks and he's getting garbage time stats.

In 2018 Matt Ryan ended up as the QB2 overall. Falcons were 7-9
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 09:18 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: While there are tons of fantasy formats, it's worth mentioning that a guy can be a QB 1 simply because his team sucks and he's getting garbage time stats.

In 2018 Matt Ryan ended up as the QB2 overall. Falcons were 7-9

Those are my favorite QBs to draft.
Reply/Quote