Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow Kroger(s) commerical
you would think that Joe Burrow, of all people, would be aware of adding an "s" to the end of names but nope. Nice comeback from Kroger (but hey they went with the commercial as it stands)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:11 AM)pally Wrote: you would think that Joe Burrow, of all people, would be aware of adding an "s" to the end of names but nope.  Nice comeback from Kroger (but hey they went with the commercial as it stands)

Burrow's just talking like a true Ohioan and adding S to everything.

My mother does this for Kroger, Meijer, etc.  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow's just talking like a true Ohioan and adding S to everything.

My mother does this for Kroger, Meijer, etc.  Hilarious

lol...that was my thought too...JoeyB is proving he is from Ohio!

Joey's pineapple sniff > than Carson's hot dog bite

Reply/Quote
He has personality but it doesn’t come through on this commercial
Reply/Quote
Go Cards, Go Krogering !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To be fair, he said Kroger with no S the first time.  When he said it with the S later, it could have been in his mind a pluralization of the stores in general.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt  Smirk
Reply/Quote
He's always gonna be Joe Borrows to me. Joe
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
The whole spot should've been clearing up there is no s on either of their names. Huge miss
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 12:02 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: The whole spot should've been clearing up there is no s on either of their names. Huge miss

locally it is getting far more notice because of the s 

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:44 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: To be fair, he said Kroger with no S the first time.  When he said it with the S later, it could have been in his mind a pluralization of the stores in general.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt  Smirk

If it's the store owned by the Kroger family, then Kroger's ain't wrong.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:11 AM)pally Wrote: you would think that Joe Burrow, of all people, would be aware of adding an "s" to the end of names but nope.  Nice comeback from Kroger (but hey they went with the commercial as it stands)

That's hilarious.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:44 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: To be fair, he said Kroger with no S the first time.  When he said it with the S later, it could have been in his mind a pluralization of the stores in general.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt  Smirk

That's the way I took it. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:23 AM)pally Wrote: Joey's pineapple sniff > than Carson's hot dog bite

What about the hot chick grabbing his banana? 

It was already in his cart and she went for it.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:44 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: To be fair, he said Kroger with no S the first time. 

To be honest when he didn't say it the first time I did not even notice him adding an "s" later.

That first quote could have just been a sharp edit where they cut off the "s".
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What about the hot chick grabbing his banana? 

Made me laugh Fred lol
Reply/Quote
Cut your cost at Kroger!!
Reply/Quote
I just listened to Tony and Austin on 1530 spend about 20 minutes talking about this. They replayed the clips numerous times and listened for clues like they were breaking down the Zapruder film.

I've listened a few times and I hear him not pluralizing Kroger, but instead referring to the relationship by saying "it's" for "it is." He just kind of runs it together, though.

"...that's why I wanted to partner with Kroger. It's because it's really the perfect relationship...."

Also, at frame 139 he disappears behind the road sign, so who knows what he said.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What about the hot chick grabbing his banana? 

Damn, your right. Didn't even think about it when that happened. Time to go Chiquita shopping. What store was this in? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:30 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He has personality but it doesn’t come through on this commercial

Whoever directed this commercial seems to be lacking in the creativity department. Would have been cool to see Burrow shuttle pass the pineapple to Icky Woods in the deli. Or throwing something deep to Chase, or even having Frank Pollack enter the store through a turnstile to go shopping with Burrow. 

As long as Burrow didn't "Go Long" I'm happy.

Reply/Quote