Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow Mic'd Up
https://youtu.be/MEGZ33QVF5Y?t=1194

This guy just has it. He has the moxy, swag, and leadership.

So this is what it feels like to absolutely adore your quarterback...it's been awhile.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 09:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: https://youtu.be/MEGZ33QVF5Y?t=1194

So this is what it feels like to absolutely adore your quarterback...it's been awhile.

Joe's personality just meshes with his teammates. Doesn't feel forced, and they seem pretty connected. 
Reply/Quote
Way cool!
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16652366]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I love it when the ref tells him “if you are going down, go down” and he’s like “yeah, I’m learning”.
Reply/Quote
'Y'all ain't hitting me no more.'   LOL
Reply/Quote
Loving it.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I really loved and appreciated Andy but Joe is in a different universe concerning ability as an NLF QB.

Andy always locked into his primary target whereas it seems to me that Joe has an uncanny ability to read the field and go through his progressions. Maybe one of you true football geeks can correct me on this.

Responding to some other threads, the Bengals are batshit crazy if they don't prioritize all of their personnel chips, draft picks or free agents, into building this kid a first class o line.

Adequately supported, Burrow clearly has multiple Super Bowl potential if he doesn't get killed because of an awful o line.
Reply/Quote
Love it Joe

He just has that infectious leadership ability.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 03:07 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I really loved and appreciated Andy but Joe is in a different universe concerning ability as an NLF QB.

Andy always locked into his primary target whereas it seems to me that Joe has an uncanny ability to read the field and go through his progressions. Maybe one of you true football geeks can correct me on this.

Responding to some other threads, the Bengals are batshit crazy if they don't prioritize all of their personnel chips, draft picks or free agents, into building this kid a first class o line.

Adequately supported, Burrow clearly has multiple Super Bowl potential if he doesn't get killed because of an awful o line.

Dude has it all, he is an infectious personality to go along with all his hard work and talent.

Speaking of the O-line, if you were a Lineman, wouldn't you just love to block for this guy?

As Trey Hop says, they are going to war for him.

But of course I agree with you Bengals67 that the OL as is, is unacceptable, need about 3 more badazzes to keep Burrow safe.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 03:07 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I really loved and appreciated Andy but Joe is in a different universe concerning ability as an NLF QB.

(10-07-2020, 05:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude has it all, he is an infectious personality to go along with all his hard work and talent.

Speaking of the O-line, if you were a Lineman, wouldn't you just love to block for this guy?

As Trey Hop says, they are going to war for him.

But of course I agree with you Bengals67 that the OL as is, is unacceptable, need about 3 more badazzes to keep Burrow safe.

These two posts are absolutely fantastic.  First, I liked what Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton brought to the team but I'm beginning to see some GOAT-like qualities in Joe Burrow.  Andy Dalton did indeed lock onto AJ Green a lot but not so much from 2012 through 2015 when guys like Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu were on the roster.  Letting those two get away was a big mistake; almost as big a mistake as letting Andrew Whitworth walk.

Before the season I wondered why the Bengals barely altered the offensive line room but after seeing a few games I have some theories.  First, I think the coaching staff had a little too much "it's Andy's fault" going on; this turned out to be incorrect.  I like Joe far better than Andy but behind a bad offensive line Joe couldn't do much either. Next, simply adding Xavier Su'a-Filo wasn't enough nor was drafting Hakeem Adeniji.  

Like the posters I quoted said, the Bengals know their weakness: Offensive line (and defensive line).  What I saw against Jacksonville was encouraging but, again, it's the Jaguars who are absolutely horrible this year.  The run blocking scheme was different and I must admit the presence of Alex Redmond made Bobby Hart suck less.  Getting the right line chemistry is important and don't forget the player next to you can make you look bad or good.  I've never been too big on PFF scores but the best linemen score in the 80s and 90s and our guys sometimes crack 60 or 70 on a good day.  That may be "Cincinnati good" but it's not "NFL good."

The five greatest coaches in NFL history built from the trenches outward:  Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, and Bill Belichick.  Though only Belichick remains active, the teams those men coached still have the "line first" mentality.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 06:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: These two posts are absolutely fantastic.  First, I liked what Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton brought to the team but I'm beginning to see some GOAT-like qualities in Joe Burrow.  Andy Dalton did indeed lock onto AJ Green a lot but not so much from 2012 through 2015 when guys like Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu were on the roster.  Letting those two get away was a big mistake; almost as big a mistake as letting Andrew Whitworth walk.

Before the season I wondered why the Bengals barely altered the offensive line room but after seeing a few games I have some theories.  First, I think the coaching staff had a little too much "it's Andy's fault" going on; this turned out to be incorrect.  I like Joe far better than Andy but behind a bad offensive line Joe couldn't do much either. Next, simply adding Xavier Su'a-Filo wasn't enough nor was drafting Hakeem Adeniji.  

Like the posters I quoted said, the Bengals know their weakness: Offensive line (and defensive line).  What I saw against Jacksonville was encouraging but, again, it's the Jaguars who are absolutely horrible this year.  The run blocking scheme was different and I must admit the presence of Alex Redmond made Bobby Hart suck less.  Getting the right line chemistry is important and don't forget the player next to you can make you look bad or good.  I've never been too big on PFF scores but the best linemen score in the 80s and 90s and our guys sometimes crack 60 or 70 on a good day.  That may be "Cincinnati good" but it's not "NFL good."

The five greatest coaches in NFL history built from the trenches outward:  Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, and Bill Belichick.  Though only Belichick remains active, the teams those men coached still have the "line first" mentality.

I nominate this post for the Hall of Fame. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 09:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: https://youtu.be/MEGZ33QVF5Y?t=1194

Did anyone catch "I love you, man" to none other than Bobby Hart?   Yawn
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 06:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: These two posts are absolutely fantastic.  First, I liked what Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton brought to the team but I'm beginning to see some GOAT-like qualities in Joe Burrow.  Andy Dalton did indeed lock onto AJ Green a lot but not so much from 2012 through 2015 when guys like Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu were on the roster.  Letting those two get away was a big mistake; almost as big a mistake as letting Andrew Whitworth walk.

Dead on.  

I want to put on 80 lbs and block for the guy by next week.  I do have seriously long arms??? (Was actually a QB/CB)
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I nominate this post for the Hall of Fame. Rock On

How much of it is the fancy font?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 06:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did anyone catch "I love you, man" to none other than Bobby Hart?   Yawn

Bobby Hart played the best game of his career last week against Jacksonville and Joe Burrow knows it. Trust me, Joe was hit from the right side of the offensive line way more than from the left in the first three games. Placing Alex Redmond next to Bobby helped significantly.

Facing the Ravens will be different of course because no one runs defensive stunts and disguises blitzes better than Baltimore. I think having Josh Bynes’ input will help the Cincinnati offensive line this week because he knows what the Ravens’ defensive sets are.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 07:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How much of it is the fancy font?

Ninja

It put it over the top. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I love the kid, but I guess I'm missing something here. I didn't find anything particularly inspiring.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote