Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow Nelk boys podcast
(05-18-2022, 09:25 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: He didn't roll his eyes. He looked at the other guy. That's how he moves his eyes around all the time. He said they played great and he meant it. You maklde it sound like he rolled his eyes and dogged his oline. 

There is no way in hell, he actually thought they played great...
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 07:47 AM)Tony Wrote: There is no way in hell, he actually thought they played great...

Likely true, but he's a professional so its advantageous he maintains some decency when talking about his fellow Bengals players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 10:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Well they did suck,  would anyone be mad if he did dog them? 

But he didn't because he's the epitome of a leader so don't say he did 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 07:47 AM)Tony Wrote: There is no way in hell, he actually thought they played great...

Dont disagree but he said that in a way he meant it 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 09:17 PM)Tony Wrote: His mom already commented on this. It's an extention of his demeanor and who he is. He has a confidence and lil cockieness about him.. 

Not to mention when he goes out people are going to recognize him regardless of what he's wearing, so why not wear a SpongeBob sweatshirt if you are a fan of the show. I would guess he can't go anywhere in Cincinnati without people wanting to get an autograph or speak with him. I'd say if he isn't in a private room at the Precinct, he doesn't get an uninterrupted meal.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 09:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m sure about 1 and that was William Jackson. I’d suspect others.

Dunlap, Jackson, and anyone else that refused to buy into the system.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 05:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: ----------------------------------

Paused video here.  Have to go due stuff instead of watching the rest.  But the more I see of Burrow the more I like him.   I'm glad he appreciates the fans but also isn't into getting attention.  He seems like a guy that wants to play first, put it all on the field with no concern about what the media thinks.

Also for us Burrow fans, here is his charity.  The Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund:

https://appalachianohio.org/grow/funds/fund-profiles/joeburrow/

If you have a few bucks to spare maybe consider tossing them that way.  Here is a video from December 2021 about it.  I think it is worth watching the entire video.

As much as we love this game, Bengals and the NFL games , there are more important things to support.

I just hosted a golf outing last weekend with a bunch of guys I went to OU with (OU is in Athens where Joe is from). We raised about $1,000 and donated the money to the Joe Burrow hunger relief fund. Great organization and good cause. That one hits close to him for me. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Dunlap, Jackson, and anyone else that refused to buy into the system.

And it wasn’t just about culture. It was scheme. I heard ( don’t remember who) either Dunlap or other linemen wouldn’t play the scheme. Several were only concerned about their stats.
Reply/Quote
I just finished watching this. Man, those guys were...something.

Seemed unprepared as hell. Does the guy with the hat on even watch the NFL? Had no idea about so many things.

Joe was great and pretty chill like he always is...but its almost disappointing he did an interview with these jabronis.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 11:01 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just finished watching this. Man, those guys were...something.

Seemed unprepared as hell. Does the guy with the hat on even watch the NFL? Had no idea about so many things.

Joe was great and pretty chill like he always is...but its almost disappointing he did an interview with these jabronis.

Pathetic. Bringing on Joe, asking him about the ravens and not knowing they crushed their asses? These ***** kids these days can’t even be bothered to put effort into their non-jobs.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FRED!! fast forward through minutes 53 to 54. JB talks about how they built a culture and got rid of those that didn't fit.

Right after he said the O-line played well?

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 11:01 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just finished watching this. Man, those guys were...something.

(05-19-2022, 11:31 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Pathetic.  Bringing on Joe, asking him about the ravens and not knowing they crushed their asses?   These ***** kids these days can’t even be bothered to put effort into their non-jobs.

They seemed far too preoccupied with their own quips and egos. I cannot understand why Joe agreed to do the interview, but it was still nice to see it reinforced of how cool he is under pressure (stupidity, in this case).
Reply/Quote

I particularly liked Joe's response when one dude insinuated they would get together during the season and smoke dope.

"Absolutely not". 

He also shutdown their requests for field passes.  "You could just contact the GM"....."We don't have a GM".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I particularly liked Joe's response when one dude insinuated they would get together during the season and smoke dope.

"Absolutely not". 

He also shutdown their requests for field passes.  "You could just contact the GM"....."We don't have a GM".

haha 

Man those guys were absolutely tools. Joe seemed over it about 2/3 the way through. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 07:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That won’t be proof enough. Fred needs affidavits, lie detector tests, and was Joe sworn in? His take on the culture ranks up there with the newspaper headlines “Dewey Wins”

(05-19-2022, 11:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right after he said the O-line played well?

Rolleyes

[Image: joker-laugh.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 11:31 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Pathetic.  Bringing on Joe, asking him about the ravens and not knowing they crushed their asses?   These ***** kids these days can’t even be bothered to put effort into their non-jobs.

I'm guessing Joe knows who they are and that they aren't really sports guys but talk about some stuff he likes which is why he did this podcast and not pay macaffee or something
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking Joe was over it about the time the dude on the left started vaping.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: joker-laugh.gif]

LMAO!!!

Hook, line and sinker...
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 01:14 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm guessing Joe knows who they are and that they aren't really sports guys but talk about some stuff he likes which is why he did this podcast and not pay macaffee or something

Assuming this was just a typo, but after that MONSTER deal he just signed, that isn't a bad nickname actually Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: joker-laugh.gif]

(05-19-2022, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: LMAO!!!

Hook, line and sinker...

The grass is always greener.

A stitch in time...
Reply/Quote