Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow On the Sidelines
I have a friend claiming Joe was sulking, looking disinterested, and even pouting while on the sidelines last Sunday vs the Steelers. I didn't see that at all and I wanted to get your takes.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 07:45 PM)brian5562 Wrote: I have a friend claiming Joe was sulking, looking disinterested, and even pouting while on the sidelines last Sunday vs the Steelers. I didn't see that at all and I wanted to get your takes.

what did he expect?  Laughing and smiling? He is not used to being on the sidelines.  At any point during the game, he may have shown any number of different reactions.  Reading anything into that is overreach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Guess we won’t be seeing him in a Ben-gals uniform anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 07:55 PM)pally Wrote: what did he expect?  Laughing and smiling? He is not used to being on the sidelines.  At any point during the game, he may have shown any number of different reactions.  Reading anything into that is overreach

I asked him the same question. He said he wanted to see leadership from Joe and him encouraging and cheering on his teammates. I'm with you, to me Joe was processing the fact he doesn't get to be on the field with his teammates and the fact that he was facing surgery the next day. A lot to take in.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 08:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is your friend Brad?

Everyone wants Brad as a friend ThumbsUp

I wanted him up there cheering but he's probably just destroyed that he can't be doing what he loves and helping his teammates win a ship.
Reply/Quote
bfine was sulking, disinterested, and pouting last Sunday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine was sulking, disinterested, and pouting last Sunday

Yep.... Me too. On top of that Joe was getting rained on. Go team!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Weren’t we all

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He looked the same as he always does on the sidelines. Even when he’s playing he’s not very animated and doesn’t show much expression while he’s waiting to get the ball back.
Reply/Quote
He had surgery the next day id be depressed too.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 07:45 PM)brian5562 Wrote: I have a friend claiming Joe was sulking, looking disinterested, and even pouting while on the sidelines last Sunday vs the Steelers. I didn't see that at all and I wanted to get your takes.

i would be more upset if he looked happy that he wasnt able to play
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine was sulking, disinterested, and pouting last Sunday

Ditto.
Reply/Quote

It was the day before his surgery and there is some other guy running the show out there while his wrist has a pretty serious injury. Sue him for not being rainbows and butterflies. 

Burrow has been at the facility and involved in every capacity. Lou was even saying today he was sitting in on DEFENSIVE meetings. 

What more do you people want from this guy? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
That’s how he looked in the games he did play this year.outside of like 2 games he had zero sense of urgency.
Reply/Quote
Been said a bunch already. He is all of us on Sunday.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 04:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was the day before his surgery and there is some other guy running the show out there while his wrist has a pretty serious injury. Sue him for not being rainbows and butterflies. 

Burrow has been at the facility and involved in every capacity. Lou was even saying today he was sitting in on DEFENSIVE meetings. 

This. The dude hates not being able to play as well. Don't blame him.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 04:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was the day before his surgery and there is some other guy running the show out there while his wrist has a pretty serious injury. Sue him for not being rainbows and butterflies. 

Him sitting in on defensive meeting could be very valuable I would think.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
what were you doing on the sideline (i.e. our couch) while the bengals were playing the last game? the offense looked terrible
Reply/Quote

What did your friend expect?  Was he thinking that Joe would be animated and in Browning's face every time he was on the sideline exclaiming "Just use the force Jake, that's what I do"?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 09:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He looked the same as he always does on the sidelines. Even when he’s playing he’s not very animated and doesn’t show much expression while he’s waiting to get the ball back.

He usually has an I-Pad however and is looking at plays, maybe it was just when they opted to show him but I too was a little shocked sorta disappointed that Burrow was talking to Browning and trying to look at plays and help him out. Everytime they cut to him, he was sitting by himself and seemed very disinterested in the game. I get the guy wants to compete and wants to win, but look at Rodgers in New York. Guy was out there with an earpiece in a walking boot standing up watching the plays and trying to help Wilson figure out what went wrong. I wanted to see that from Burrow, you're out for the season at least help the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote