Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow On the Sidelines
Before I injured my elbow, I was being scouted by four MLB teams. I was batting 3rd and either starting in Right Field or I was the Starting Pitcher, playing every inning for three years . . . until the coach ''rested'' me one game. Longest, most boring three hours of my life and I love baseball. I'd go to other local high school games on nights that we weren't playing and have no problem with just sitting for hours and watching a game.

But sitting while watching my guys out there without me was difficult and not fun or interesting at all . . . and I was only out for a game. While I was the . . . ahem . . . ''star'' of our team, I wasn't dealing with my season being over and staring down surgery the next day or dealing with the unwarranted, yet very real, feeling of letting down my teammates along with an entire region of people.

Non-issue.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 10:01 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Before I injured my elbow, I was being scouted by four MLB teams. I was batting 3rd and either starting in Right Field or I was the Starting Pitcher, playing every inning for three years . . . until the coach ''rested'' me one game. Longest, most boring three hours of my life and I love baseball. I'd go to other local high school games on nights that we weren't playing and have no problem with just sitting for hours and watching a game.

But sitting while watching my guys out there without me was difficult and not fun or interesting at all . . . and I was only out for a game. While I was the . . . ahem . . . ''star'' of our team, I wasn't dealing with my season being over and staring down surgery the next day or dealing with the unwarranted, yet very real, feeling of letting down my teammates along with an entire region of people.

Non-issue.

You are now a star of our message boards!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 10:01 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Before I injured my elbow, I was being scouted by four MLB teams. I was batting 3rd and either starting in Right Field or I was the Starting Pitcher, playing every inning for three years . . . until the coach ''rested'' me one game. Longest, most boring three hours of my life and I love baseball. I'd go to other local high school games on nights that we weren't playing and have no problem with just sitting for hours and watching a game.

Non-issue.

Yeah, have to look at it from the player's point of view. Makes complete sense to me and thank God I was never injured when playing 
Basketball which is what I was good at.
Reply/Quote
Joey is taking advantage of being on IR. He is in attendance at UFC Austin

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 07:45 PM)brian5562 Wrote: I have a friend claiming Joe was sulking, looking disinterested, and even pouting while on the sidelines last Sunday vs the Steelers. I didn't see that at all and I wanted to get your takes.

Yes,it’s true.Saw it myself.Very obvious.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 09:52 PM)pally Wrote: Joey is taking advantage of being on IR.  He is in attendance at UFC Austin

One of the images of him made it look like he might be pretty excited about some specific legal change points coming to Ohio in a few days.....
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 08:20 PM)samhain Wrote: One of the images of him made it look like he might be pretty excited about some specific legal change points coming to Ohio in a few days.....

Pain meds. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 09:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Weren’t we all

I'm shocked many of you still watch. 

I have no desire to watch a Zac Taylor-lead team without Burrow. 

At least my girlfriend's cowboys will keep her interested until their annual clapping from San Fransicso.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:05 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm shocked many of you still watch. 

At least my girlfriend's cowboys will keep her interested until their annual clapping from San Fransicso.

Who comes on a team's message board just to tell other fans that you have no desire to watch the Bengals?

[Image: nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:32 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Who comes on a team's message board just to tell other fans that you have no desire to watch the Bengals?

[Image: nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

This thread can officially die now.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:05 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm shocked many of you still watch. 

And yet you watched.....so you could nitpick a victory.  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
This thread can officially die now.

I did notice him with the tablet a lot tonight. I honestly think there was a lot of "feeling out" going on. Joe said he didn't want to intrude. Browning didn't know what he didn't know, and the staff was too reliant on him. I think there was a lot of talking through things during film, and they said they had a good week of practice. I think Joe also feels more comfortable being more involved now. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote