Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow Says ONE Playoff Victory Is Now The Bare Minimum!
Joe Burrow is ALREADY A LEGEND IN CINCINNATI!

He downplayed the victory over the Raiders and said that the winning ONE PLAYOFF GAME IS THE BARE MINIMUM GOING FORWARD!

Joe Danneman posted on Twitter that Burrow said that he knows we (the fans) are excited but that this is the standard now and he's even trying to downplay it!

Quote:Joe Danneman
@FOX19Joe
Joe Burrow on Cincinnati's excitement of advancing in the playoffs: I think the fans were very excited, but I tried to downplay it because this is how it’s going to be from here on out. This is the standard, the bare minimum going forward. #Bengals

Burrow's acting like he's been there before (because he has), which makes me excited because he knows what it takes to get here, has the calm, poise, and leadership to win more games:

Quote:Joe Burrow: “Played in a lot of big games throughout my career. Every game in the last half of the season was a playoff game.”

“I’ve been in that situation before."

And he knows he'll be in many more and he's ready to handle it!

Quote:Dan Hoard asks Joe Burrow if he's ever been "lousy, just brutal" in a playoff game in any sport in his life at any level.

Joe laughs, says no.

I loved that.

That should get you pumped about the future!

Then he mentioned this and it makes you know that no moment will ever be too big for him and that we have big moments on the way:

Quote:"Stay level headed. Felt energy in locker room... remain calm. If go out in warmups and you're super intense, won't be able to sustain." Joe Burrow to @Ben_Baby on why staying calm is critical to him in games. #RuleTheJungle

You have to love his demeanor!

Burrow also knew this was coming and you know he has to know that MUCH BIGGER games are coming!

Quote:Joe Burrow, on the Bengals' playoff success and if it's what it looked like when he envisioned on draft night: "I thought it would happen a little faster, to be honest."

This is our franchise QB in just his second year and he's talking like a ten-year veteran with multiple Super Bowls!

I'M PUMPED UP!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
I thought this was a hell of a read!

I'm the only one that cares that our franchise QB is setting a hell of a standard for what our team will achieve?!
Reply/Quote
Yes, now that the team is back into the playoffs, the expectation every year from here on out is playoffs or bust.
And, as Burrow said, there should also be an expectation of winning at least the first playoff game, especially if it's a home game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, now that the team is back into the playoffs, the expectation every year from here on out is playoffs or bust.
And, as Burrow said, there should also be an expectation of winning at least the first playoff game, especially if it's a home game.

Yeah, and I'm looking forward to many, many more of them.

I think he's changing the culture in the city and on the team with this mentality and coming out and saying it because it's not some unreachable goal anymore.

I hope this attitude attracts more free agents to want to be part of this team!
Reply/Quote
Love to hear it. Burrow is the kind of guy to take leadership to the next level and really show the team what to expect and what he expects. Great stuff
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, and I'm looking forward to many, many more of them.

I think he's changing the culture in the city and on the team with this mentality and coming out and saying it because it's not some unreachable goal anymore.

I hope this attitude attracts more free agents to want to be part of this team!

From what we've heard the past 1-2 years, the appeal of Burrow has drawn some players to want to play with the Bengals.
I imagine after seeing this season, even more will actually want to be a Bengal for comparable money.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I watched the Burrow interview and I am impressed with his poise and thoughtfulness. When he was talking about managing the energy of himself and the team, I was impressed. He viewed it at as not wanting to expend all the positive and hardworking energy before the game day because the team might then come out flat. He was discussing the emotions of being a professional player from game to game and how his peers need to be aware of their emotions to not drain themselves too before the big game. I thought he demonstrated a good understanding of how people and their emotions work by his comments. What he was talking about could be said by many professionals across various industries and fields who lead and manage people. I like how Burrow has this awareness at the young age of 25. Joe Cool, he is.

Joe
Reply/Quote
Wow.

Essentially what I got from his answers: "If there's a game to be played, then there's work to be done."
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
We have a similar guy on the Reds (Joey Votto) too bad the Reds ownership doesn't value winning in the playoffs. Sorry to take this off topic..

Joe is the man we got a winner with a winners mentality... Dalton IMO was Soft... Palmer was arrogant.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Burrow is exactly the leader the Bengals needed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, now that the team is back into the playoffs, the expectation every year from here on out is playoffs or bust.

True, we should win that Playoff game. At Home, beat them already in their place, we are much more explosive Offensively
and Defensively when Trey Hendrickson is in we are very good at rushing the passer once we stop the run which we are good
at. It was much bigger for us fans as we have waited so long for just one damn Playoff victory. For Burrow and the Boys, it is 
what they expect. They work too hard at their job to be the best and perfect to not expect great success.

Not like other players don't, it is just another level with Burrow and this team right now and this is clear.

Now that we got that first Playoff victory out of the way though, I am expecting a 2nd victory over the Titans this weekend.

The monkey is off us the fans back now, we can win it all.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From what we've heard the past 1-2 years, the appeal of Burrow has drawn some players to want to play with the Bengals.
I imagine after seeing this season, even more will actually want to be a Bengal for comparable money.

On offense and defense because you know that defenders want to come here knowing that the offense can put up points, which makes their job easier because they don't have to be the '85 Bears to win games, but then they'll also want to match the play of the offense and just have the team be unstoppable on both sides of the ball!

(01-19-2022, 12:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I watched the Burrow interview and I am impressed with his poise and thoughtfulness. When he was talking about managing the energy of himself and the team, I was impressed. He viewed it at as not wanting to expend all the positive and hardworking energy before the game day because the team might then come out flat. He was discussing the emotions of being a professional player from game to game and how his peers need to be aware of their emotions to not drain themselves too before the big game. I thought he demonstrated a good understanding of how people and their emotions work by his comments. What he was talking about could be said by many professionals across various industries and fields who lead and manage people. I like how Burrow has this awareness at the young age of 25. Joe Cool, he is.

Joe
That's what I keep talking about when I say the game isn't too big for him. He just won the biggest game for the franchise and city in 30 years and he comes out like it's no big deal and there's still work to be done!

Burrow is the type of QB that players want to follow and play hard for!

I LOVE IT! I can't wait for Saturday! Burrow can put his stamp in NFL history!
(01-19-2022, 02:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow is exactly the leader the Bengals needed.

And what the entire city needed!

Palmer was good but he wasn't nearly the leader that Burrow is!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, we should win that Playoff game. At Home, beat them already in their place, we are much more explosive Offensively
and Defensively when Trey Hendrickson is in we are very good at rushing the passer once we stop the run which we are good
at. It was much bigger for us fans as we have waited so long for just one damn Playoff victory. For Burrow and the Boys, it is 
what they expect. They work too hard at their job to be the best and perfect to not expect great success.

Not like other players don't, it is just another level with Burrow and this team right now and this is clear.

Now that we got that first Playoff victory out of the way though, I am expecting a 2nd victory over the Titans this weekend.

The monkey is off us the fans back now, we can win it all.

Injuries to the d-line do worry me because of their run game, but I'm just hoping that we're smart enough to load the box and let Tannehill try to beat us.

I love the mindset that Burrow has brought to this franchise and now the sky's the limit, which is an amazing feeling as a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On offense and defense because you know that defenders want to come here knowing that the offense can put up points, which makes their job easier because they don't have to be the '85 Bears to win games, but then they'll also want to match the play of the offense and just have the team be unstoppable on both sides of the ball!

That's what I keep talking about when I say the game isn't too big for him. He just won the biggest game for the franchise and city in 30 years and he comes out like it's no big deal and there's still work to be done!

Burrow is the type of QB that players want to follow and play hard for!

I LOVE IT! I can't wait for Saturday! Burrow can put his stamp in NFL history!

And what the entire city needed!

Palmer was good but he wasn't nearly the leader that Burrow is!

Lots of Defensive players have said that Burrow was the reason they came here... Trey Hendrickson, Ricardo Allen, Mike Daniels,
Awuzie and this is just after one season. Everybody sees there is something special about Joe Burrow, he has the IT factor.

Ultimate confidence and swagger with humility.

Very rare to go along with his talent which is off the charts. Magic feet, great accuracy and timing etc.

(01-19-2022, 05:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Injuries to the d-line do worry me because of their run game, but I'm just hoping that we're smart enough to load the box and let Tannehill try to beat us.

I love the mindset that Burrow has brought to this franchise and now the sky's the limit, which is an amazing feeling as a Bengals fan!

The injury to Ogunjobi and especially Trey at first worried me the most, sounds like Trey might play though.

Us bringing in Kerr and looks like Reader, BJ Hill and maybe Tupou might play make me feel a lot better.

BJ Hill is arguably better than Ogunjobi, better run stopper and just as good of a pass rusher. 

That is key, stop the run and make Tannehill beat you from the pocket, have had a lot of QB's like this year and we have
done very well against them. Amazing feeling no doubt being a Bengals fan right now, I think we can win it all honestly.

Just have to execute and not turn the ball over on Offense, don't put our Defense in bad situations.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lots of Defensive players have said that Burrow was the reason they came here... Trey Hendrickson, Ricardo Allen, Mike Daniels,
Awuzie and this is just after one season. Everybody sees there is something special about Joe Burrow, he has the IT factor.

Ultimate confidence and swagger with humility.

Very rare to go along with his talent which is off the charts. Magic feet, great accuracy and timing etc.

The injury to Ogunjobi and especially Trey at first worried me the most, sounds like Trey might play though.

Us bringing in Kerr and looks like Reader, BJ Hill and maybe Tupou might play make me feel a lot better.

BJ Hill is arguably better than Ogunjobi, better run stopper and just as good of a pass rusher. 

That is key, stop the run and make Tannehill beat you from the pocket, have had a lot of QB's like this year and we have
done very well against them. Amazing feeling no doubt being a Bengals fan right now, I think we can win it all honestly.

Just have to execute and not turn the ball over on Offense, don't put our Defense in bad situations.

[Image: forrest-gump.gif]

Hilarious

Those injuries worried me but now you're making me feel a lot better!

Like you said, limit turnovers so we don't give them short fields and cheap points. Make Tannehill sustain long drives if they want to beat us. Sell-out completely to stop the run.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4702ent49gicylzvbjwb...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I watched the Burrow interview and I am impressed with his poise and thoughtfulness. When he was talking about managing the energy of himself and the team, I was impressed. He viewed it at as not wanting to expend all the positive and hardworking energy before the game day because the team might then come out flat. He was discussing the emotions of being a professional player from game to game and how his peers need to be aware of their emotions to not drain themselves too before the big game. I thought he demonstrated a good understanding of how people and their emotions work by his comments. What he was talking about could be said by many professionals across various industries and fields who lead and manage people. I like how Burrow has this awareness at the young age of 25. Joe Cool, he is.

Joe

You can tell he's a coaches kid
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: forrest-gump.gif]

Hilarious

Those injuries worried me but now you're making me feel a lot better!

Like you said, limit turnovers so we don't give them short fields and cheap points. Make Tannehill sustain long drives if they want to beat us. Sell-out completely to stop the run.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4702ent49gicylzvbjwb...y.gif&ct=g]

Love the Forrest Gump and Goonies GIFS brother Brad.... LMAO Hilarious CheersDrunk
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:57 PM)QueenCity Wrote: We have a similar guy on the Reds (Joey Votto) too bad the Reds ownership doesn't value winning in the playoffs. Sorry to take this off topic..

Joe is the man we got a winner with a winners mentality... Dalton IMO was Soft... Palmer was arrogant.

The Reds ownership doesn’t just not value winning in the playoffs, they don’t value winning at all. At a time where they were creeping upward, it seems like they have resigned to the fact that they’re going to be a .500 team or worse.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BJ Hill is arguably better than Ogunjobi, better run stopper and just as good of a pass rusher. 

Still bizarre that PFF absolutely hates Ogunjobi for some reason.

DT with 7 sacks, 12 TFL, 16 QB Hits on about 2/3rds of the snaps... and he is graded 47.6, or 101st out of 125 Defensive Interior players. So they think on average every team has at least 3 players at his position better than him. Just strange.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 12:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still bizarre that PFF absolutely hates Ogunjobi for some reason.

DT with 7 sacks, 12 TFL, 16 QB Hits on about 2/3rds of the snaps... and he is graded 47.6, or 101st out of 125 Defensive Interior players. So they think on average every team has at least 3 players at his position better than him. Just strange.

True, he should be rated much higher than he is no question.
Reply/Quote