Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow Week 6 NextGen Stats
This is how you beat Cover 2... hope they stick to today game plan going forward.

[Image: pass-chart_BUR679731_2022-REG-6_1665953099186.jpeg]

If you want to compare the previous games all at once here you go - https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/joe-burrow/BUR679731/season
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:02 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This is how you beat Cover 2... hope they stick to today game plan going forward.

[Image: pass-chart_BUR679731_2022-REG-6_1665953099186.jpeg]

It is more making plays than anything, for example how far did Burrow throw the two TDs to Chase .. simple seam pass for first one, send a quick pass... Also Burrow TD run, some pressure he escapes and the red sea opens up and he takes advantage of it.  In most NFL games it is a handful of plays that win the games and those plays can be just simple ones, good reads and smart decisions and that is what happen today..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is more making plays than anything, for example how far did Burrow throw the two TDs to Chase .. simple seam pass for first one, send a quick pass... Also Burrow TD run, some pressure he escapes and the red sea opens up and he takes advantage of it.  In most NFL games it is a handful of plays that win the games and those plays can be just simple ones, good reads and smart decisions and that is what happen today..

I don't care how far the pass goes.  The short game has been open... they played for the 1st down today today instead of the long ball.

Brady made his career by moving the chains some call him the greatest game manager of all time.  Take what they give you and then take your shots once they adjust.  

Wasn't perfect today but I really feel like this is how they need to attack moving forward.

If the defense didn't let the Saints run all over them....... I think we would of been talking about our first convincing win.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is more making plays than anything, for example how far did Burrow throw the two TDs to Chase .. simple seam pass for first one, send a quick pass... Also Burrow TD run, some pressure he escapes and the red sea opens up and he takes advantage of it.  In most NFL games it is a handful of plays that win the games and those plays can be just simple ones, good reads and smart decisions and that is what happen today..

Yep. The passes are similar it's execution.
Reply/Quote
Still not really throwing between hashes, but still an enormous improvement from actually utilizing the middle 50% of the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
60 yard tds are a great tonic for what ails an offense.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

The drag/slant routes are exciting.  The Elite WR of the NFL do more than just go vertical or catch screens.
Reply/Quote
I was happy to see Tyler Boyd get involved in the game. 6 receptions in a game is his most all season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What did we say they needed to do more of? Throw the middle of the field!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:57 PM)pally Wrote: I was happy to see Tyler Boyd get involved in the game. 6 receptions in a game is his most all season

And 6 rec should be a BAD day for TB with how teams want to guard z Chase.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 07:36 PM)Housh Wrote: And 6 rec should be a BAD day for TB with how teams want to guard z Chase.

Right between Boyd and Hurst they should have 15 targets a game IMO.
Reply/Quote
Remember during the offseason when Burrow was talking about how fast he was…

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Remember during the offseason when Burrow was talking about how fast he was…

Jeez, that one's pretty mad. I thought Shaheed looked pretty rapid as he was running his TD in... and Joe's wasn't that much slower? 

More of those and we'll have the Ravens talking about our Running Back QB!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:57 PM)pally Wrote: I was happy to see Tyler Boyd get involved in the game.  6 receptions in a game is his most all season

And he was targeted just six times.  Mr. Reliable.  That is how you move the chains. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:15 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Jeez, that one's pretty mad. I thought Shaheed looked pretty rapid as he was running his TD in... and Joe's wasn't that much slower? 

People sleep on Burrow’s mobility. He’ll obviously never be Lamar or Kyler racking up big yards, but plays like that scramble where he hit Boyd yesterday? Not every QB can do that.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:15 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Jeez, that one's pretty mad. I thought Shaheed looked pretty rapid as he was running his TD in... and Joe's wasn't that much slower? 

Many modern QBs are good athletes. Hell, Daniel Jones hit 20+ MPH on a a few years ago. Once these guys get up and running, they can hit impressive speeds. The biggest difference between a guy like Lamar and Burrow is acceleration and change of direction. Lamar is not only flat-out faster than Burrow, but he gets to top speed so quickly. Joe does not. This is also why Shaheed looked so much faster than Joe - he accelerated much quicker. 

I've played flag football against several D1 athletes. Their speed isn't what is mindblowing, it is how fast they get there and how easily they can change direction. I've ran the forty in the 4.7 range, and have kept up with guys much faster than that in a dead sprint where we are both already moving at top speed. Where I get blown away is when we both have to run up to our speeds. If it is game of acceleration, it was over. I couldn't compete.

This is why Tyreek looks so freakishly fast. That man gets to top speed, so so quickly. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 06:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Many modern QBs are good athletes. Hell, Daniel Jones hit 20+ MPH on a a few years ago. Once these guys get up and running, they can hit impressive speeds. The biggest difference between a guy like Lamar and Burrow is acceleration and change of direction. Lamar is not only flat-out faster than Burrow, but he gets to top speed so quickly. Joe does not. This is also why Shaheed looked so much faster than Joe - he accelerated much quicker. 

I've played flag football against several D1 athletes. Their speed isn't what is mindblowing, it is how fast they get there and how easily they can change direction. I've ran the forty in the 4.7 range, and have kept up with guys much faster than that in a dead sprint where we are both already moving at top speed. Where I get blown away is when we both have to run up to our speeds. If it is game of acceleration, it was over. I couldn't compete.

This is why Tyreek looks so freakishly fast. That man gets to top speed, so so quickly. 

Reminds me there was a debate on who was faster between myself and another kid on our baseball team.

That kid was faster than me in a dead end sprint but everyone agreed I ran the bases faster. 
Reply/Quote