Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will The Front Office Bank Burrows Rookie Contract On Taylor?
This is an important decision for the front office this offseason, will they bank on Zac to lead Burrow and the Bengals deep into the playoffs or will they re-evaluate this offseason and make changes depending on how this second half of the season plays out?

Basically if they stick with Taylor they are investing in Burrows contract to take this team to the next level.

What do you see playing out over the next 3 years?
Reply/Quote
I think this is a unique FO and what we think makes sense, they will do the opposite.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Rational ownership would already have fired Taylor, Anuramo and Turner.
Reply/Quote
They have five years to build a winning team here and convince Burrow to stay.

I do not believe Taylor is the man to do it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
How many years does Taylor have left on his contract, cause that is probably how many years he will still be here.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Rational ownership would already have fired Taylor, Anuramo and Turner.

Almost any team would give a new coach 2 full seasons.  That is only reasonable.

Don't know what the Bengals will do with Taylor after this season.  Unless we show major improvement over the second half of the season he should be gone.  

Mike just gave Dick LeBeau two drafts to fix the team, and he was a long-time Bengal assistant.  I doubt Taylor gets more time than that considering he has no history with Mike.
Reply/Quote
I think it was Paul Dehner who said he will most likely have a 3rd season unless he begins to lose the locker room and the win column isn’t better than last year considering the teams on the schedule the second half of the season.
Reply/Quote
Here's the issue:  Zac Taylor will get two years as head coach but no more.  The Front Office will have to face a sobering decision to keep Zac Taylor or not based on Joe Burrow's progress with respect to wins and losses.  Mike Brown, right or wrong, thinks he has found his 21st century version of Otto Graham in Joe Burrow and I believe Mike, right or wrong, will show far more loyalty to his franchise quarterback then he will his head coach.

Joe Burrow is putting up respectable rookie statistics on a horrible team.  The good news is the Bengals have a good quarterback.  The bad news is these statistics are not creating team wins.  Once COVID restrictions are lifted Mike needs some butts in the Paul Brown Stadium seats and if he thinks people will come to see Joe Burrow and accept team losses, he's completely wrong.  If his goal is to sell lots of #9 jerseys he'll quadruple his sales if the team starts winning.
Reply/Quote