Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor Were Smart Yesterday
(12-20-2021, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eli Apple in particular, has made a complete 180° turnaround from the beginning of the season.  For a while I kept wondering when the old Eli that we saw the first month of the season was going to return to form, but after the past few weeks, I've become a believer.

The same thing will happen with Trae Waynes although we may not see it until next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The same thing will happen with Trae Waynes although we may not see it until next year.

That 16 million can be used much more wisely. I’d rather roll with Awuzie and Apple on the outside. And maybe a high draft pick in the mix.

It’s definitely time to cut ties with Waynes though. It will only cost 1.1 mil in dead cap this offseason.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

Hahaha, I feel like maybe I meant to post my other post in a different thread.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes when the teams are evenly matched, the one with the less mistakes or big playes, wins the game.

Kareem was key. The other was the broncos offense was "limping" enough for our Defense to seal the deal. Had it been the niners, we know what happened. Their loss of Bridgewater was huge.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:58 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Sometimes when the teams are evenly matched, the one with the less mistakes or big playes, wins the game.

Kareem was key. The other was the broncos offense was "limping" enough for our Defense to seal the deal. Had it been the niners, we know what happened. Their loss of Bridgewater was huge.

I thought Lock was throwing the ball much better than Teddy.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 07:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought Lock was throwing the ball much better than Teddy.

I think for 1.5 series until the takeaway. Then fizzled.  

Teddy is very experienced and capable of winning games. The way the game was going, if Teddy wasn't injured their chances of winning would have been greater I think.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Because teams don't have the personal to do it. You need good DBs to run a man type scheme. 

Are you meaning us or Denver? Denver has the players to run man to man quite a bit. We are more of a zone under Lou.

As KillerGoose said the Broncos run a lot of cover 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eli Apple in particular, has made a complete 180° turnaround from the beginning of the season.  For a while I kept wondering when the old Eli that we saw the first month of the season was going to return to form, but after the past few weeks, I've become a believer.

Definitely liking the Eli Apple as of late. If he keeps getting more consistent he can be a top Corner with his talent.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 05:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not being a smartass, but why doesn’t everyone do that every week?

Because only one team has the best secondary in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Makes sense why I got plastered yesterday. Must have kept hearing players yelling it and I kept grabbing the beers. It's all coming together now.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Makes sense why I got plastered yesterday. Must have kept hearing players yelling it and I kept grabbing the beers. It's all coming together now.

Lol, same here Dog.CheersDrunkWasted
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definitely liking the Eli Apple as of late. If he keeps getting more consistent he can be a top Corner with his talent.

I believe that it was simply another case of an athlete being miscast in his previous roles.  Coach Lou had the team pursue him for a reason, and now that he's gotten acclimated, taking a chance on Apple is paying off.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I believe that it was simply another case of an athlete being miscast in his previous roles.  Coach Lou had the team pursue him for a reason, and now that he's gotten acclimated, taking a chance on Apple is paying off.

Yeah, he has just been so inconsistent since entering the NFL it is crazy. 1st round talent no question. Lou has done well getting 
his guys in here. Also agree with you as usual on letting Waynes go and running with Awuzie and Apple. Just need to add a CB 
early in the Draft, always a good move to Draft Corners early, saves you a lot of dough and you can get top quality.

Get a Corner early and keep building the trenches. Thought Waynes played well yesterday but this is the first time as a Bengal
and too little, too late.
Reply/Quote
Apple has his moments for sure. I can’t speak on the man, but I wonder if he zones out sometimes. I have heard players talk about that after their careers. Just go through the motions on a play or two and they get burned. He has a lot to atone for but he has fought out of the dumpster fire he has been.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:59 PM)Destro Wrote: Apple has his moments for sure. I can’t speak on the man, but I wonder if he zones out sometimes. I have heard players talk about that after their careers. Just go through the motions on a play or two and they get burned. He has a lot to atone for but he has fought out of the dumpster fire he has been.

Yeah, have to be focused on every play otherwise you get burnt as a Corner no matter how talented you are.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:09 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I mean, let's not forget that the Bengals were *this close* to a pretty bad loss...
Apple punches out a sure TD from Denver receiver.
The Bengals-strip-runback-fumble-recovered by Denver-but no, down by contact- circus happened on a Denver 2nd and goal

Ok, we'll remember that but then you have to remember were *this close* to some pretty amazing wins
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 07:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought Lock was throwing the ball much better than Teddy.
He throws a beautiful ball, just never know where it's going to land. He is truly terrible.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 05:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not being a smartass, but why doesn’t everyone do that every week?

I'm thinking Zac built this team to beat the shit out of Steelers and Ravens first, then worry about everyone else when that bridge is crossed. Yeah, I know it sounds far-fetched, but look at the numbers so far: runaway wins against the main nemesis, inconsistent against the rest.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 12:23 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I'm thinking Zac built this team to beat the shit out of Steelers and Ravens first, then worry about everyone else when that bridge is crossed. Yeah, I know it sounds far-fetched, but look at the numbers so far: runaway wins against the main nemesis, inconsistent against the rest.

Zac has flat out said in press conferences he built this team to play AFCN games. Win your division games first.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are you meaning us or Denver? Denver has the players to run man to man quite a bit. We are more of a zone under Lou.

As KillerGoose said the Broncos run a lot of cover 3.

Denver. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote