Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow and this offense are going to LIGHT UP the Cowboys this week...
Seriously, Joe's second half has me hyped for this week...

The guy put up 230 yards in the second half and OT last week with 2 TDs and (what should have been) about 4 game winning TD drives.

I think we tend to forget that he missed about 4 weeks of training camp, lost a bunch of weight, and was sick for about a month with his apendectomy.

His second half last week was actually pretty special considering all things. I think Joe was maybe trying to do a little too much in the first half and was a bit rusty. He is going to absolutely LIGHT UP the Cowboys this week.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I agree. I think the rust combined with the appendectomy surgery was ultimately led to the horrid start that Housh and all of us never have seen before. from Burrow. But, I think he re-adjusted relatively well and will definitely be ready to make a definitive statement this week.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I agree. I think the rust combined with the appendectomy surgery was ultimately led to the horrid start that Housh and all of us never have seen before. from Burrow. But, I think he re-adjusted relatively well and will definitely be ready to make a definitive statement this week.

I think it was the rust and combination of him trying to do too much. It reminded me of his first half vs. second half of the season last year (after the Ravens game). Joe was just a little too hyped up for the first game. 

He settled down in the second half for sure. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
All jokes aside, I haven't been this confident we're going to destroy our opponent since right before we touched the ball for the first time on Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 11:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: All jokes aside, I haven't been this confident we're going to destroy our opponent since right before we touched the ball for the first time on Sunday.

See, I didn't think we were going to destroy the Steelers. I figured Steelers were going to have a really good, if not great, defense this year and Sunday bore that to be true. I did think, though, that we would handily defeat the Steelers but in a defensive "shoot-out".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Seriously, Joe's second half has me hyped for this week...

The guy put up 230 yards in the second half and OT last week with 2 TDs and (what should have been) about 4 game winning TD drives.

I think we tend to forget that he missed about 4 weeks of training camp, lost a bunch of weight, and was sick for about a month with his apendectomy.

His second half last week was actually pretty special considering all things. I think Joe was maybe trying to do a little too much in the first half and was a bit rusty. He is going to absolutely LIGHT UP the Cowboys this week.

yes Joe and offense had a a much better half but it was more  because Joe did not force throws as much and kill drives with turnovers which also helps play calling plus the Oline protected better in 2nd half.... 

Joe condition did not just change over a 15 minute half.. he just stopped making the same mistakes in 1st half which then got him into more of a rhythm in 2nd half which helped play calling and Oline blocked better. 

I would say a trend we have seen for Joe and our offense is they play better in 2nd halfs.. I don;t think we will overcome though bad 1st halfs like last year, it will eventually catch up with us.. so lets play more consistent and not so up and down by halfs... Our defense seems to get that right much better than our offense
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't doubt at all that we see a much improved offense this week. Joe's going to be seeking redemption.
Reply/Quote
They need it this week to remove the sour of last week. A big win would go a long way.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Last time we played in Dallas we got absolutely buried. I was there. Just run out of the building. Dak was making a name for himself. Zeke was on a mission and their line was picking us apart. We had no answer (at least until garbage time). Fans were loving their resurgent 'Boys. It'll feel nice to get some revenge.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 12:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: See, I didn't think we were going to destroy the Steelers. I figured Steelers were going to have a really good, if not great, defense this year and Sunday bore that to be true. I did think, though, that we would handily defeat the Steelers but in a defensive "shoot-out".

We beat the Steelers twice last year, the second contest wasn't even a competitive game.  Going into this game I kept the options of a close win or even a loss in mind, but I also figured...screw it, that's old Bengals' football thinking.  We made the SB, we swept the Steelers, and we made improvements and we're into year 2 in a successful system.

Any given sunday, and division game, and all that jazz, but still we should have beaten them like we should beat the Cowboys this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We beat the Steelers twice last year, the second contest wasn't even a competitive game.  Going into this game I kept the options of a close win or even a loss in mind, but I also figured...screw it, that's old Bengals' football thinking.  We made the SB, we swept the Steelers, and we made improvements and we're into year 2 in a successful system.

Any given sunday, and division game, and all that jazz, but still we should have beaten them like we should beat the Cowboys this week.

It's woulda, coulda, shoulda for sure. But if we had even decent Joe instead of bad andy err bad joe, we win that game by two TD's maybe more.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Seriously, Joe's second half has me hyped for this week...

Chase destroyed Diggs in college..
Reply/Quote
Easy fellas. I don't know if it was rust, or the surgery, or if he had a pre-game fight with his girlfriend... I agree I would not want to be on the receiving end of Joe Burrow's wrath. However, this could be far from an easy victory, the Cowboys Defense is not bad and Zeke is always a dangerous back. We will most likely be without Tee, so I hope for a victory but don't get overconfident or it will be another week of whining around here.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 12:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's woulda, coulda, shoulda for sure. But if we had even decent Joe instead of bad andy err bad joe, we win that game but two TD's maybe more.

Right, we had a bad game which happens to everyone which is why I find it amusingly silly (yet understandable) that we're bothering to spin this as a loss we needed to have to get our heads right or other stuff that flies in the face of my theory that Joe Burrow is an unfeeling robot designed to win football games.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 12:45 PM)tms Wrote: Last time we played in Dallas we got absolutely buried. I was there. Just run out of the building. Dak was making a name for himself. Zeke was on a mission and their line was picking us apart. We had no answer (at least until garbage time). Fans were loving their resurgent 'Boys. It'll feel nice to get some revenge.

We haven't beaten them since... '04, I think? Or the previous meeting, I can't remember right now. So yes, it would be nice.

Even before the end of the game on Sunday, I said to my wife, "if they lose, something is going to spark in Burrow. I don't know if it'll lead to wins, but he's going to be even more methodical and precise, with the killer instinct, than we even thought possible, going forward."

Well, they lost and he sat in his locker forever. Again, I don't know if it'll result in a win, but I too think he'll absolutely rip the 'boys in 2. He just needs to worry about Diggs; yes, Diggs gives up a shit-ton of catches, but his ball skills are just phenomenal (did anyone catch his tipped passes on Sunday? Just insane athleticism and skills) and even if he doesn't get picks, he could tip the ball to someone who could.

Really hope we end the Cowboys drought.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 11:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: All jokes aside, I haven't been this confident we're going to destroy our opponent since right before we touched the ball for the first time on Sunday.

***Micah Parsons Has entered the chat***

This dude worries me.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, we had a bad game which happens to everyone which is why I find it amusingly silly (yet understandable) that we're bothering to spin this as a loss we needed to have to get our heads right or other stuff that flies in the face of my theory that Joe Burrow is an unfeeling robot designed to win football games.

Right, every team, and I mean Every Team lays an egg sometimes two every season. Well I guess except for the 72 Dolphins ? They all get beat by somebody they probably shouldn't have.

We just got ours out of the way early.
Reply/Quote
His stats for the second half and OT were 22 of 36, 229 yards, 61.11% completion percentage, 6.36 yards per attempt with 2 TDs, 1 INT and 4 sacks. QB Rating of 86.46.

He definitely improved from his first half, which was 11 for 17, 109 yards, 64.71% completion percentage, 6.41 yards per attempt with 0 TD, 3 INT and 3 sacks. QB Rating of 43.14.

But I'd hesitate to say he lit it up in the second half. He did have a few drops and near misses (like Chase's incredible catch), and the missed touchdown by Zac and the ref probably had an impact, as they could have scored an additional touchdown rather than tacking on 2 more incompletions and a 1 yard completion to his stats, but you could nit pick everything down like that if you wanted to.

I am looking forward to the Cowboys game as a bounce back game but not really because I was inspired by Burrow's second half performance. He was terrible in the first half and decent in the 2nd half. If he continues to build on that, we'll win easily on Sunday though.

You don't need elite QB play to win against Cooper Rush.

At least I hope not...
Reply/Quote

As long as we don't allow Micah Parsons to be a game wrecker I agree. This guy is a great player, but it is only one player.

Demarcus Lawrence is a good player too who will be going against Collins.

I also saw both La'el, Cordell and Jonah really improve in the 2nd half the same as Burrow in that second half which makes
me think we can block for Burrow so he CAN light these other bastids up. Never liked the Cowboys, they are like the one team
in the NFC I just do not like.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As long as we don't allow Micah Parsons to be a game wrecker I agree. This guy is a great player, but it is only one player.

Demarcus Lawrence is a good player too who will be going against Collins.

I also saw both La'el, Cordell and Jonah really improve in the 2nd half the same as Burrow in that second half which makes
me think we can block for Burrow so he CAN light these other bastids up. Never liked the Cowboys, they are like the one team
in the NFC I just do not like.

Cowboys were only team to not score a TD last week.
Reply/Quote