Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow ball velocity
(07-23-2021, 04:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Shouldn't be a surprise the offseason between year 1 and year 2 is always huge for higher round draft picks. They get those specialized coaches, nutritionists etc. Ja'marr Chase got a head start with the opt out.

Sure would be nice for Chase to break that curse of our 1st rounders getting hurt their rookie year...

It was smart for Chase to opt out last year, dude is as fresh as a rookie can be.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would be nice for Chase to break that curse of our 1st rounders getting hurt their rookie year...

It was smart for Chase to opt out last year, dude is as fresh as a rookie can be.

Or, is he not conditioned for football and destined to get a soft tissue injury that keeps him out majority of the year? Ninja

Chase is going to break the curse, no worries Nate.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 06:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Or, is he not conditioned for football and destined to get a soft tissue injury that keeps him out majority of the year? Ninja

Chase is going to break the curse, no worries Nate.

Lol, yeah, I think so as well.

We have been WAY unlucky with our first rounders as of late, has to end sometime.
Reply/Quote
Ball velocity? I can see it having it's pros and cons. Those quick, powerful strokes generate a lot of ball speed, and are sure to get you to the goal line, shortly after the opening drive. However, I've found that controlling the tempo with a more regulated ball speed, using longer, more controlled strokes enables one to carry the entire team to victory. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 06:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ball velocity?  I can see it having it's pros and cons.  Those quick, powerful strokes generate a lot of ball speed, and are sure to get you to the goal line, shortly after the opening drive.  However, I've found that controlling the tempo with a more regulated ball speed, using longer, more controlled strokes enables one to carry the entire team to victory.   Cool

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't see us getting away from the pass heavy mantra set in 2020.  Burrow is going to be slinging as often as Stafford did with the Lions, I'd reckon. 

That’s a recipe for certain disaster. Joe Burrow had his best games at LSU when he attempted between 25-35 passes.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 07:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a recipe for certain disaster. Joe Burrow had his best games at LSU when he attempted between 25-35 passes.

They’d run more if they could score in the redzone and have a defense that could hold a lead…
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 07:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a recipe for certain disaster.  Joe Burrow had his best games at LSU when he attempted between 25-35 passes.

I didn't say it would work, but if ZT had rookie Burrow throw it 60 times why would he back off now?
Reply/Quote
If accurate, huge jump in velocity for a QB we already knows has great touch. Burrow will be comeback player of the year in 2021 as he throws for over 4500 yards. Just my prediction.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 07:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They’d run more if they could score in the redzone and have a defense that could hold a lead…

Actually, I think that they would run the ball more, if the OL could move defenders off the ball..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 02:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So John Ross should be one hell of a WR coach.  Ninja Ninja Ninja

Nope.  He never made it to average.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 09:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I think that they would run the ball more, if the OL could move defenders off the ball..

Then you should really love the Jackson Carman pick Sunset. I bet he will be our best run blocker this season as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 10:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Then you should really love the Jackson Carman pick Sunset. I bet he will be our best run blocker this season as a rookie.

I'm hoping that he performs well and above typical rookie expectations.  However, with him being a rookie, and changing positions, I'm also expecting a bit of growing pains/development curve to come into play.  

I know that I raised hell about him being the selection in the second round, but now that he's a Bengal, I'm truly hoping for the best from him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 09:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: Nope.  He never made it to average.

He AVERAGEd a buncha drops one season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Im not saying Burrow won't be great, but isn't every player in the best shape of his life and ready to unleash some amazing new mechanics this time of year?
Reply/Quote
Having to play catch-up in the fourth quarter last year also contributed heavily to a pass heavy offense.With a better OL and the weapons Joe Burrow has this year,I don’t see that happening as much.I think you’ll see a more balanced Offense this year as opposed to last year.But still a more throwing,than running the ball.Joe Burrow is going to light up the league this year.Despite the injury,He’s stronger and more mentally prepared.This guy works his butt off.He’ll have the full benefit of the OTA’s,Training Camp,Preseason,without the distractions of the Pandemic that he had his Rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 07:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They’d run more if they could score in the redzone and have a defense that could hold a lead…

Good points and we actually finished 17th in rushing attempts that will surprise  some people  which was higher than 2019 team where I believe we finished 21st. So to your point it shows we moved the ball and did not score and we  probably throw more in 4th since we were behind. 

Need Fred to research nfl teams avg  4th quarter attempts last year in passing and rushing .
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 06:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ball velocity?  I can see it having it's pros and cons.  Those quick, powerful strokes generate a lot of ball speed, and are sure to get you to the goal line, shortly after the opening drive.  However, I've found that controlling the tempo with a more regulated ball speed, using longer, more controlled strokes enables one to carry the entire team to victory.   Cool

LMAO!! An even tempo and then punch it in for the score!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 09:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I think that they would run the ball more, if the OL could move defenders off the ball..

I think a lot of coaches would prefer running the ball a lot more. You are correct about the last couple of seasons. I suspect they will be a lot better this year! 
Reply/Quote

Does better velocity translate to improvement on deep balls?
Reply/Quote