Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.2 Average
Joe Burrow contract theory
(08-09-2023, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What are you talking about? He had some of his best career seasons with the Cardinals. Went to multiple NFC Championship games and was second in MVP voting in 2015. 

He only had 1 healthy playoff run with the Cardinals, but 2015 was a good year, for sure.  I always point out that I thought we were going to trade down and Palmer was going to end up with the Chicago Bears.  Hard to not see him having a lot of success in that era where they made a SB and some playoff runs with Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, and Jay Cutler.

Burrow is better than Palmer, but I won't discount that it seems like Burrow has a less restrictive version of Mike Brown to deal with than Palmer and company did 20 years ago.  Geez, time flies.  The same time frame from the Palmer era starting to today is the same as the Palmer era starting to 1983.

As for the Burrow contract, I suspect something record breaking yet as team friendly as possible happens.  Or we could go full homer and say that Burrow is so good he could have a team killing contract and still win it all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Palmer is a B^#^@
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 05:20 PM)wanga Wrote: How much money is enough?

I hate that question. To each their own. Make as much as you can, if that’s what you desire.
Reply/Quote
I think Joe wants what he's worth. I also think he wants to keep his weapons, who in this case are his friends, on the team. My guess is the contract falls somewhere in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Joe wants what he's worth. I also think he wants to keep his weapons, who in this case are his friends, on the team. My guess is the contract falls somewhere in the middle.

His weapons need to realize they're the tools and he's the master, so I assume we're expecting them to take some cuts themselves, no?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: His weapons need to realize they're the tools and he's the master, so I assume we're expecting them to take some cuts themselves, no?

[Image: archer-phrasing.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 09:21 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I agree 100% I also think a lot of people will be very upset when it’s only a 2-3 year extension. The Browns may not have $100M in cash to just put in escrow. It may be a $110M, 2 year contract with $60M guaranteed year 1. Hoping it’s a 5+ year contract, but we’ll see.

2-3 year extension? What top QB has done this on their 1st extension? This would make ZERO sense in everything the team and Joe has stated.

I guess if you think Joe has been lying this entire time that one could come to this assumption, but otherwise it seems inconceivable.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Joe and the Bengals have agreed on the parameters, but Joe is willing to give and take on those parameters to get Tee signed. Just a thought..
I am not talking about discounts either.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: His weapons need to realize they're the tools and he's the master, so I assume we're expecting them to take some cuts themselves, no?

I would think so...
Reply/Quote