Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Kens still in contention for HOF
The HOF senior committee met today to cut the list of candidates for the 2023 class down to 12. Both Ken Riley and Ken Anderson made the cut.

They will meet again on Aug 16th to cut the list to 3 for the overall selection committee to consider. I don't see any reason for 2 of the final 3 not to be the long-overdue Bengals greats

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 02:18 PM)pally Wrote: The HOF senior committee met today to cut the list of candidates for the 2023 class down to 12. Both Ken Riley and Ken Anderson made the cut.

They will meet again on Aug 16th to cut the list to 3 for the overall selection committee to consider. I don't see any reason for 2 of the final 3 shouldn't be the long-overdue Bengals greats

Both Kens and Sterling Sharpe, only guys I would consider.

MAYBE Klecko, but probably not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 03:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Both Kens and Sterling Sharpe, only guys I would consider.

MAYBE Klecko, but probably not.

The Kens and Randy Gradishar, he was a beast.
Reply/Quote
Great news, i doubt they put both in on same ballot.. My gut goes Anderson, Sharpe and Kuenchenberg
Reply/Quote
Its the year of the Kens
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 03:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Kens and Randy Gradishar, he was a beast.

I am kind of surprised Gradishar is not already in the Hall.  That "Orange Crush" defense was pretty famous, and he was the star.

He crushed it in college too.  In 1973 Archie Griffin finished 5th in the Heisman voting and Gradishar finished 6th.  Can anyone name the OSU player who finished #2?
Reply/Quote
In a billion years when the sun burns out none of this will even matter.

Have a good day, everyone.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I sure hope they get in. Long past due in my opinion. I really don’t get why Riley isn’t in by now. Anderson had a couple “down” years here where fans were calling for his replacement but I don’t think Riley ever had a “down year”. IIRC the NFL left him off their “greats that passed away” montage last year as well. The disrespect to this man is real and NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am kind of surprised Gradishar is not already in the Hall.  That "Orange Crush" defense was pretty famous, and he was the star.

He crushed it in college too.  In 1973 Archie Griffin finished 5th in the Heisman voting and Gradishar finished 6th.  Can anyone name the OSU player who finished #2?

[Image: if-you-aint-first-youre-last-gary-cole.gif]
Reply/Quote
It will be:

Chuck Howley

Bob Kuchengerg

Joe Kelco

If I were voting I'd make The Rattler #1, Chuck Howley #2, and Ken Anderson #3.

But who knows: Maybe our recent SB appearance will give us some love with the voters
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He crushed it in college too.  In 1973 Archie Griffin finished 5th in the Heisman voting and Gradishar finished 6th.  Can anyone name the OSU player who finished #2?

Whoever the QB was
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Hope at least 1 of them gets in.
Reply/Quote
Good luck to our Bengals legends!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am kind of surprised Gradishar is not already in the Hall.  That "Orange Crush" defense was pretty famous, and he was the star.

(07-27-2022, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whoever the QB was

Nope, it was his o-lineman! Can’t remember his name though….Won’t see that again anytime soon
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 11:00 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Nope, it was his o-lineman! Can’t remember his name though….Won’t see that again anytime soon

Very good.

OT John Hicks was the third pick of the '74 draft after finishing as runner up for the Heisman Trophy.

BTW it was not the QB because the Buckeyes only attempted 87 passes the entire season.  In 11 regular season games their QB, Cornelius Greene had 343 passing yards and 720 rushing yards.
Reply/Quote

Me too

As you say that was one of the better D's of that era and Gradishar was the ring leader.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Very good.

OT John Hicks was the third pick of the '74 draft after finishing as runner up for the Heisman Trophy.

BTW it was not the QB because the Buckeyes only attempted 87 passes the entire season.  In 11 regular season games their QB, Cornelius Greene had 343 passing yards and 720 rushing yards.

3 yards in a cloud of dust.
Reply/Quote