Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow endorsed by Boomer!
I've been firmly convinced that Mike Brown and his entire family took a deal at some point to be the preeminent league doormat. They were allowed to be kind of good a few years, but got too close and his masters had to remind him of the deal. The Browns probably took a similar deal as did a few other teams like the Dolphins .. They're perennial losers by design and are well compensated for it.
Can anyone tell us how teams like the bengals and browns can still pay multimillion dollar salaries being so bad? In any other business model they would have long been bankrupted and out of business, but the NFL and other sports leagues are structured to get rich by being run into the ground year after year after year. It would be the equivalent to the best auto makers paying inferior auto makers to remain inferior forever. Sure, a few buyers will always buy the inferior brand because they're cheap, but they'll always want the much better brand of automobile. The bengals, browns and fins are the dollar general of the NFL. They're everywhere and prices are cheap, but you always know what you're going to get, overpriced crap and easy to find on nearly every corner.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is QB the biggest problem with this team?

Not even close, however it is a problem.

The reason you take a QB at #1 is because when you start to fix the other problems on this team, they'll start winning games. That makes the process of getting an elite QB prospect much more difficult and much more expensive.

I like next year's QB class, but if we draft Chase Young, Jonah plays at a decent level and we have a good draft, you would be looking at a 6 win season. Have fun giving up a 2022 first rounder and some other picks to move up to get into the top 5 to get one of those guys.

IF Burrow/Tua/Herbert are elite prospects, take one. You don't have to put him on the field day 1. But get your guy and build around him.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: It's a trap... Boomer hates this team.

Tiger I think you may have mistaken Boomer and Cris Collinsworth.

Boomer likes the Bengals (team) and likes when they win, but his problem is the same as ours, he can't stand Mike Brown. 

OTOH, Cris Collinsworth bends over backwards to be anti-Bengal...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:21 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Is QB the biggest problem with this team?

Not even close, however it is a problem.

The reason you take a QB at #1 is because when you start to fix the other problems on this team, they'll start winning games.  That makes the process of getting an elite QB prospect much more difficult and much more expensive.

I like next year's QB class, but if we draft Chase Young, Jonah plays at a decent level and we have a good draft, you would be looking at a 6 win season.  Have fun giving up a 2022 first rounder and some other picks to move up to get into the top 5 to get one of those guys.

IF Burrow/Tua/Herbert are elite prospects, take one.  You don't have to put him on the field day 1.  But get your guy and build around him.

Absolutely you take the QB #1.  That gives you 4 or 5 years to stock pile other position groups under the QB rookie deal.

This team is not winning next year regardless of who is taken, so take the QB and put him out there to learn day 1.  
Reply/Quote