Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow endorsed by Boomer!
In the pregame discussion before Bills/Browns game up here, the guys were discussing the Alabama/LSU game and Boomer interjected he'd like to see Joe Burrow in a Bengal's helmet next year. I wouldn't mind that myself, geez we gotta start somewhere!!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:18 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: In the pregame discussion before Bills/Browns game up here, the guys were discussing the Alabama/LSU game and Boomer interjected he'd like to see Joe Burrow in a Bengal's helmet next year. I wouldn't mind that myself, geez we gotta start somewhere!!

It's a trap... Boomer hates this team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: It's a trap... Boomer hates this team.

Actually, I say he must hate Burrow if he's saying he should be drafted by the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Poor Burrow. His career would end before it even started haha.
Reply/Quote
Burrow would burrow himself in alcohol during draft night if we get him regardless.
Reply/Quote
Is drafting Joe Burrow the smartest idea? After watching the Bengals’ defense I think Chase Young might be a better selection.
Reply/Quote
Burrow announces his eligibility for the XFL draft
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Is drafting Joe Burrow the smartest idea? After watching the Bengals’ defense I think Chase Young might be a better selection.

that is too big brain for our franchise. We are getting a TE with one ACL.
Reply/Quote
How about a "Weekend at Bernie's' with Paul Brown?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, I say he must hate Burrow if he's saying he should be drafted by the Bengals.

A hateful statement all around...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:18 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: In the pregame discussion before Bills/Browns game up here, the guys were discussing the Alabama/LSU game and Boomer interjected he'd like to see Joe Burrow in a Bengal's helmet next year. I wouldn't mind that myself, geez we gotta start somewhere!!
BOO to Boomer.   Bengals are 1-16 over last 17 games.   Worst Defense in the NFL.  Worst O Line in the NFL.   Be it Dalton or Finley or Burrow no QB is going to win with this awful team, until the Tackling and Blocking rise up to NFL Standards. Right now they couldn't block or tackle college teams.  Boomer makes himself part of the problem leading Worst Front Office in NFL down the wrong road.   Boomer forgets he came here when Bengals had Munoz, Montoya.  Then as the O Line fell apart in early 1990's, Boomer didn't look very good as a Bengal.   No QB, even Boomer, can win with a bad team, and he found that out when Paul Brown died and Mike Brown started THE BUNGLES. 

Having Burrow in a Bengal helmet won't win games.   However, if Bengals would trade AJ Green who wants out anyway for extra draft picks, then fine, take Burrow.  Trade more players for draft picks, and even more so on Burrow.   Mike Brown and Worst Front Office in NFL refuses to make Trade Deadline moves.  Well OK.  Then we don't have many draft picks then and that makes drafting Defense and O Line a priority.  

ESPN and CBS Sports have Chase Young the edge rusher from Ohio State as the best player in the draft, and why argue that.  We have the Worst Defense in the NFL.   Take him and get Dylan Moses the LB from Alabama next.  2 studs to try to start fixing this Weak Defense.  Then draft some Blockers such as Landon Richardson of Alabama,  

Boomer is Wrong.  Fans who wanted Finley and now Burrow are Wrong.  The idea of having the WORST TEAM in NFL and putting in a new QB is WRONG.   This team is 1-16 over last 17 games and it's NOT AS SIMPLE as just changing quarterbacks,  They need to get a bunch of play makers in on DEFENSE and O LINE.  If they draft a QB in 1, this team has not addressed the Real Problems across the board, and this team will NOT be able to MAN UP in the Trenches in 2020 either, meaning 1-16 could turn to around 1-39 very easy at end of 2020, because THAT is how awful the Defense and O Line is. 

If they don't trade now and only have the basic number of picks, then they have to go Defense and O Line and there are players in this draft to improve our Defense and O Line.    Now if Mike Brown and Boomer want Burrow SO MUCH, I suggest they trade AJ Green for more draft picks, because AJ Green isn't going to play any more games for the Bengals anyway, anybody can see that.  Plus the window of opportunity has closed on the 2011 team and that is including Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap.  It is time to start moving some players for draft picks at 1-16 over the last 17 games.  

Trade for picks, and they have the luxury of taking a QB.....Don't trade for picks, and they need to use every single pick on Defense and O Line, because the Defense and O Line are The Worst in The NFL.   No Blocking, No Tackling, No Wins, I don't care if the best QB ever is on this team.  Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Tom Brady or others at the top of their game could NOT win with this Awful team of Bungles. This team needs a complete rebuild as if an expansion team, not just another pretty face at quarterback.

If all they do is draft a top pick QB, it will be BUNGLES for a few more years. You watch it, I won't. 1-16 over last 17 games, AJ Green acting like he has played his last Bengals game back in 2018, Worst Defense, Worst O Line, Worst Front Office in NFL. I wish, I really wish all this team needed was a QB. This team needs an enema......As BAD as this team is, it could get a lot worse as these players want out of Cincy now. It could get to where you can't even draft players to come here as they see all the Bengals players wanting the heck out of here. This team has MAJOR ISSUES far and beyond quarterback.

Yes, I heard Boomer today also, and Boomer is dead Wrong. ...unless they trade Green or others for more draft pocks, which Mike Brown is too stupid and hard headed to do. Mike Brown, the worst thing that ever happened to this team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 03:05 AM)kevin Wrote: BOO to Boomer.   Bengals are 1-16 over last 17 games.   Worst Defense in the NFL.  Worst O Line in the NFL.   Be it Dalton or Finley or Burrow no QB is going to win with this awful team, until the Tackling and Blocking rise up to NFL Standards. Right now they couldn't block or tackle college teams.  Boomer makes himself part of the problem leading Worst Front Office in NFL down the wrong road.   Boomer forgets he came here when Bengals had Munoz, Montoya.  Then as the O Line fell apart in early 1990's, Boomer didn't look very good as a Bengal.   No QB, even Boomer, can win with a bad team, and he found that out when Paul Brown died and Mike Brown started THE BUNGLES. 

Having Burrow in a Bengal helmet won't win games.   However, if Bengals would trade AJ Green who wants out anyway for extra draft picks, then fine, take Burrow.  Trade more players for draft picks, and even more so on Burrow.   Mike Brown and Worst Front Office in NFL refuses to make Trade Deadline moves.  Well OK.  Then we don't have many draft picks then and that makes drafting Defense and O Line a priority.  

ESPN and CBS Sports have Chase Young the edge rusher from Ohio State as the best player in the draft, and why argue that.  We have the Worst Defense in the NFL.   Take him and get Dylan Moses the LB from Alabama next.  2 studs to try to start fixing this Weak Defense.  Then draft some Blockers such as Landon Richardson of Alabama,  

Boomer is Wrong.  Fans who wanted Finley and now Burrow are Wrong.  The idea of having the WORST TEAM in NFL and putting in a new QB is WRONG.   This team is 1-16 over last 17 games and it's NOT AS SIMPLE as just changing quarterbacks,  They need to get a bunch of play makers in on DEFENSE and O LINE.  If they draft a QB in 1, this team has not addressed the Real Problems across the board, and this team will NOT be able to MAN UP in the Trenches in 2020 either, meaning 1-16 could turn to around 1-39 very easy at end of 2020, because THAT is how awful the Defense and O Line is. 

If they don't trade now and only have the basic number of picks, then they have to go Defense and O Line and there are players in this draft to improve our Defense and O Line.    Now if Mike Brown and Boomer want Burrow SO MUCH, I suggest they trade AJ Green for more draft picks, because AJ Green isn't going to play any more games for the Bengals anyway, anybody can see that.  Plus the window of opportunity has closed on the 2011 team and that is including Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap.  It is time to start moving some players for draft picks at 1-16 over the last 17 games.  

Trade for picks, and they have the luxury of taking a QB.....Don't trade for picks, and they need to use every single pick on Defense and O Line, because the Defense and O Line are The Worst in The NFL.   No Blocking, No Tackling, No Wins, I don't care if the best QB ever is on this team.  Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Tom Brady or others at the top of their game could NOT win with this Awful team of Bungles. This team needs a complete rebuild as if an expansion team, not just another pretty face at quarterback.

If all they do is draft a top pick QB, it will be BUNGLES for a few more years. You watch it, I won't. 1-16 over last 17 games, AJ Green acting like he has played his last Bengals game back in 2018, Worst Defense, Worst O Line, Worst Front Office in NFL. I wish, I really wish all this team needed was a QB. This team needs an enema......As BAD as this team is, it could get a lot worse as these players want out of Cincy now. It could get to where you can't even draft players to come here as they see all the Bengals players wanting the heck out of here. This team has MAJOR ISSUES far and beyond quarterback.

Yes, I heard Boomer today also, and Boomer is dead Wrong. ...unless they trade Green or others for more draft pocks, which Mike Brown is too stupid and hard headed to do. Mike Brown, the worst thing that ever happened to this team.

Your post is the best, most accurate appraisal of the true state of the Cincinnati Bengals I’ve seen. It should be required reading for any sports fan. You would be an outstanding NFL general manager.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 08:30 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Your post is the best, most accurate appraisal of the true state of the Cincinnati Bengals I’ve seen.  It should be required reading for any sports fan.  You would be an outstanding NFL general manager.

Well, what they need is to dump Tobin, the guy couldn't even play Arena League.   Bring in a NFL person to replace Tobin.  Well, see, they aren't going to do that, because somebody that knows football as the GM would do things different than Brown Family.   Things need to be done different than Brown Family, worst Front Office in NFL for 30 years since Paul Brown died.  1-16 over last half of 2018 and all 2019.  

This team is in dire need of a well respected person as Paul Brown was to come in here and replace Tobin, and rebuild this awful, awful team.  The problem is he would want power to do things, and Brown Family are control freaks even in losing.   If they would just admit they need a top football person to come in here and fix it,  it could indeed be fixed.  Cowler or somebody who has coached to a Super Bowl ring as GM would get this place organized, but Brown Family don't want that, and so 1-16 and the future is bleak.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 03:05 AM)kevin Wrote: BOO to Boomer.   Bengals are 1-16 over last 17 games.   Worst Defense in the NFL.  Worst O Line in the NFL.   Be it Dalton or Finley or Burrow no QB is going to win with this awful team, until the Tackling and Blocking rise up to NFL Standards. Right now they couldn't block or tackle college teams.  Boomer makes himself part of the problem leading Worst Front Office in NFL down the wrong road.   Boomer forgets he came here when Bengals had Munoz, Montoya.  Then as the O Line fell apart in early 1990's, Boomer didn't look very good as a Bengal.   No QB, even Boomer, can win with a bad team, and he found that out when Paul Brown died and Mike Brown started THE BUNGLES. 

Problem is they missed their window to trade AJ. They should have traded Dalton and AJ for draft picks, then take Burrow #1 and stock the o-line with the extra draft picks. If there is anything that could go be managed improperly this season by the Bengals then it has every single time.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 09:10 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Problem is they missed their window to trade AJ. They should have traded Dalton and AJ for draft picks, then take Burrow #1 and stock the o-line with the extra draft picks. If there is anything that could go be managed improperly this season by the Bengals then it has every single time.
You cement the reason they can't take Burrow, they didn't trade for extra picks as Dolphins did.   I agree with you they need O-Line more and I add they need Defense.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
@kevin

Another problem is you are trusting these guys to make the right draft choices and then being able to coach them up. We have drafted O'line and defense the past few years , heavily, and they all suck(ed).

Even the "good players" have regressed badly.

Reply/Quote

No one player will change the Bengals instantly.... but QB is different than any other position.

If you get a chance to take a real franchise star at QB you take it no matter what....then build around him. In a rebuild Left Tackle and QB are great places to start. If they throughly scout Burrow and Tua and they come away not impressed then yea I'm all for Chase Young Andrew Thomas Jerry Jeudy because they are difference makers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The trouble is, Mike Brown only knows the quarterback position. The same, unfortunately, goes for Zac Taylor. Mike played quarterback at Dartmouth and Zac played quarterback at Nebraska. Mike has said many many times all you need is a “bell cow” quarterback and everything else automatically falls into place. That is wrong on so many levels! Don’t even get me started.

In my opinion, whatever it’s worth, I believe the Cincinnati Bengals need to restart by establishing a shutdown defense. That’s exactly what happened when Mike Zimmer was hired in 2008. The next season, the Bengals had the fourth best defense in the entire league and that’s when the big playoff run started.
Reply/Quote

Boomer is Wrong.  Fans who wanted Finley and now Burrow are Wrong.  The idea of having the WORST TEAM in NFL and putting in a new QB is WRONG.   This team is 1-16 over last 17 games and it's NOT AS SIMPLE as just changing quarterbacks,  They need to get a bunch of play makers in on DEFENSE and O LINE.  If they draft a QB in 1, this team has not addressed the Real Problems across the board, and this team will NOT be able to MAN UP in the Trenches in 2020 either, meaning 1-16 could turn to around 1-39 very easy at end of 2020,  because THAT is how awful the Defense and O Line is. 

Trade for picks, and they have the luxury of taking a QB.....Don't trade for picks, and they need to use every single pick on Defense and O Line, because the Defense and O Line are The Worst in The NFL.   No Blocking, No Tackling, No Wins, I don't care if the best QB ever is on this team.  Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Tom Brady or others at the top of their game could NOT win with this Awful team of Bungles.  This team needs a complete rebuild as if an expansion team, not just another pretty face at quarterback.

If all they do is draft a top pick QB,  it will be BUNGLES for a few more years. You watch it, I won't.  1-16 over last 17 games, AJ Green acting like he has played his last Bengals game back in 2018,  Worst Defense, Worst O Line, Worst Front Office in NFL.   I wish, I really wish all this team needed was a QB. This team needs an enema......As BAD as this team is, it could get a lot worse as these players want out of Cincy now.   It could get to where you can't even draft players to come here as they see all the Bengals players wanting the heck out of here.  This team has MAJOR ISSUES far and beyond quarterback.

Yes, I heard Boomer today also, and Boomer is dead Wrong.  ...unless they trade Green or others for more draft pocks,  which Mike Brown is too stupid and hard headed to do.  Mike Brown, the worst thing that ever happened to this team.

You see, this is what I am talking about.  Even though we disagree on the specifics we still have the same approach.  You obviously have a clear vision in which you want this team to go and you would manage the team to go in that direction.  Not just winning games, but also being a top defense, based on your pick selection.

Me personally, I am an OLine guy, I feel the OLine is the MOST important position in the NFL.  You can win any game if you have a great OLine and every other player will look really good as well.  It helps the defense due to being able to control the TOP and keeping them off the field as much as possible.

I go Thomas in the 1st, 2nd would be Kindley (IF he is still there) or Bredeson (if Kindley is gone) then Biadasz in the 3rd.  Assuming that Williams is a stud and these 3 pan out, we would have turned our OLine into a strength.  If William is a bust, then you go with Thomas at the LT spot and address the RT in FA.  Whitworth is set to be a FA next year and he could be an excellent back up player to have as insurance if Thomas or Williams or both are bad.

Get me Joe Bachi in the 4th then bring in Trevathan or Van Noy for the MIKE and A.J. Klein, Whitney Mercilus or Jamie Collins for the WILL or SAM backer.

I would also have to address coaching.  Jim Turner is horrible, I get letting your young HC put his people in, but that was the worst decision in the Offseason to me, moving on from Frank Pollack to Jim Turner.  Reports are it was because that was what Taylor wanted.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 09:27 AM)Synric Wrote: No one player will change the Bengals instantly.... but QB is different than any other position.

If you get a chance to take a real franchise star at QB you take it no matter what....then build around him. In a rebuild Left Tackle and QB are great places to start. If they throughly scout Burrow and Tua and they come away not impressed then yea I'm all for Chase Young Andrew Thomas Jerry Jeudy because they are difference makers.

/debate

Reply/Quote