Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow in Lexington Saturday?
This is probably a long shot but I'm hoping that Joe will be at the UK/LSU game Saturday night. I'll be there. It's more likely though that Randall Cobb will make an appearance since he's back with the Packers. He's an all time favorite in Big Blue Nation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure they’ll be there, UK/LSU game won’t end till about 10:30 or so.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:43 PM)tBengal Wrote: Not sure they’ll be there, UK/LSU game won’t end till about 10:30 or so.

You're probably right. It's an hour and a half drive back to Cincy from Lexington. I wonder if the players have a curfew the night before a game. Then again they wouldn't have to stay to the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
If he does I'll be quite disappointed,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he does I'll be quite disappointed,

Why?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:46 PM)BengalRed Wrote: You're probably right. It's an hour and a half drive back to Cincy from Lexington. I wonder if the players have a curfew the night before a game. Then again they wouldn't have to stay to the end of the game.

Yes, they have a curfew.  Additionally, they have team meetings at the team hotel, even for home games, until early evening.  Besides,  Joe is not going to go out and play on a school night.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:17 PM)pally Wrote: Yes, they have a curfew.  Additionally, they have team meetings at the team hotel, even for home games, until early evening.  Besides,  Joe is not going to go out and play on a school night.

Not sure I know what going out and playing on a school night means but I do know that when going to UK games for many years there have been times when UK players who play for NFL teams have shown up for UK games on Saturday. Although, admittedly, I don't remember if they were there when a game is as late as this one will be.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:07 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Why?

Because he plays for the Cincinnati Bengals, not the LSU Tigers..

FWIW, I doubt he'll even watch it on TV live

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because he plays for the Cincinnati Bengals, not the LSU Tigers..

FWIW, I doubt he'll even watch it on TV live

Fair enough. But a guy can hope can't he? Although I agree that the more important thing would be that he be laser focused on the Packers. And if there's one thing we've seen from Joe so far is that he's a disciplined person. 

Oh well. At least I can hope for Cobb. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:49 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Fair enough. But a guy can hope can't he? Although I agree that the more important thing would be that he be laser focused on the Packers. And if there's one thing we've seen from Joe so far is that he's a disciplined person. 

Oh well. At least I can hope for Cobb. 

Who knows..maybe Moss and Shelvin will show up..

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows..maybe Moss and Shelvin will show up..

Now you’re just messin with me. ?
Reply/Quote
Cobb shows up because he played for UK. If Joe goes to an LSU game, he'll go to one at Baton Rouge. I'm quite sure he'll catch it on tv at the hotel.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Not sure I know what going out and playing on a school night means but I do know that when going to UK games for many years there have been times when UK players who play for NFL teams have shown up for UK games on Saturday. Although, admittedly, I don't remember if they were there when a game is as late as this one will be.

Go back to childhood when you were told by your Mom that you couldn't do something because it was a school night.  The night before the game is a school night for a professional.

And no you are not likely to see other LSU Bengals there either...they have the same meetings to attend as Burrow does.

I've worked in team ( both home and away) hotels in 4 different cities.  I've seen almost every team.  Players do not go out the night before games...not if they want to keep their jobs.  Baseball and NBA players are a different story.  But NFL players stick to the hotel.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:49 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Oh well. At least I can hope for Cobb. 

Totally OT, but I once got in an argument with Cobb's mother who worked at the Blount County Courthouse.  My children went to the same high school as him (Alcoa).

Randall is a great guy.  Does a lot for the community.  Very popular.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 10:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Totally OT, but I once got in an argument with Cobb's mother who worked at the Blount County Courthouse.  My children went to the same high school as him (Alcoa).

Reggie is a great guy.  Does a lot for the community.  Very popular.

Randall.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:13 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Randall.

Thanks.  I knew it was Randall Cobb.

Reggie was a RB for the Vols and later the Bucs (a long time ago)
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks.  I knew it was Randall Cobb.

Reggie was a RB for the Vols and later the Bucs (a long time ago)
YW. And you're right, he's very popular here in Lexington. We were thrilled when he came to Kentucky and not Tennessee. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:07 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Why?

Priorities.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 10:31 AM)pally Wrote: Go back to childhood when you were told by your Mom that you couldn't do something because it was a school night.  The night before the game is a school night for a professional.

And no you are not likely to see other LSU Bengals there either...they have the same meetings to attend as Burrow does.

I've worked in team ( both home and away) hotels in 4 different cities.  I've seen almost every team.  Players do not go out the night before games...not if they want to keep their jobs.  Baseball and NBA players are a different story.  But NFL players stick to the hotel.

Even Stanley Wilson stuck to the hotel....... Ninja
Reply/Quote
At the Uk/LSU game tonight I saw Joe Burrow ..................................................................jerseys. Lots of them. But not Joe. Or Randall Cobb. Oh well my cats kicked LSU's butt 42-21. Ed Orgeron is in big trouble.
Reply/Quote