Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Joe Burrow injury updates
(08-14-2023, 12:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is the type of lies the media spews.  This is the day before Burrow was running and throwing.  Dianna Russini is an idiot once again when it comes to Bengals reporting.  No one told her anything.

I don't know if I would classify this as a "lie," but rather a subjective opinion based on what the reporter has heard/thinks.
I think it's very true that the Bengals will be very cautious with Burrow. There's no reason not to be.

Now, does that mean he won't be out there on Sept 10? Given the calf strain happened so early in camp, I think there's a decent chance he's out there. It will have been like 6 weeks from the time the strain occurred.
With that said, if something happens trying to practice between now and that game, it couldpotentially push back his first game he'll play, and we won't know until that actually happens.

At this point, he's done so well without much of an offseason in his career that I don't really care whether he plays or not.
And the Bengals showed last year that even starting 0-2 won't doom them. They are definitely a late-season team (which is really the exact opposite of a Marvin team).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty easy to assume Kay meant model organization from a record/championships standpoint.

Yes, Ravens and Steelers have had some players with questionable character, just like the Bengals.

But in regard to franchise winning percentage and number of championships...
Ravens - 2 Super Bowl wins, .561 franchise record (3rd highest in the NFL)
Steelers - 6 Super Bowl wins, .536 franchise record (10th highest in the NFL)

Playoff record specifically:
Ravens and Steelers - .571 (tied for 4th best)

I'm not defending Kay, just speculating what she was basing her vague statement off of, as everyone has their own subjective opinion of "model franchise."

The Bengals never had a murderer or rapist be the face of the franchise.

I get what you're saying but I'd destroy her in a debate about this.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Bengals never had a murderer or rapist be the face of the franchise.

I get what you're saying but I'd destroy her in a debate about this.

Let's be clear that these were alleged, not proven factual in a courtroom.
Neither Ray Lewis nor Ben Roethlisberger were ever convicted of the crimes they were accused of committing.

If either was ever convicted in court, I would think (or hope) that their respective organization would essentially sever all ties with them and remove them from any RoH or publicity.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's be clear that these were alleged, not proven factual in a courtroom.
Neither Ray Lewis nor Ben Roethlisberger were ever convicted of the crimes they were accused of committing.

If either was ever convicted in court, I would think (or hope) that their respective organization would essentially sever all ties with them and remove them from any RoH or publicity.

Exactly.  While it may be fun to bring up that sort of material when talking smack with fans of those respective teams, if someone made public statements to the effect of stating that the players in question were murderers or rapists, they may be able to be held liable for civil damages.  That isn't any sort of defense for the character of the players in question, but more just a statement on present day reality.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's be clear that these were alleged, not proven factual in a courtroom.

Not proven factual because of plea bargains, lack of evidence, or woman just not wanting to go through the legal process, which he likely would have been found innocent anyways, which might hurt civil suits. 

When multiple women accuse of Ben of the same thing, it's kind of hard to argue against, not to mention that you'd have to believe that (in one instance) a college girl that was too drunk to know what's going on wanted to be taken into a bathroom by Ben's bodyguards to have sex.

Why wouldn't have Ben just took her back there himself?

The Steelers suspended him at least once, so they acknowledged that he did it.

Ray plea bargained and rolled over on the dudes with him, who were still found not guilty. Someone died and the people with Ray didn't do it, so that leaves him as the only possible killer.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not proven factual because of plea bargains, lack of evidence, or woman just . 

When multiple women accuse of Ben of the same thing, it's kind of hard to argue against, not to mention that you'd have to believe that (in one instance) a college girl that was too drunk to know what's going on wanted to be taken into a bathroom by Ben's bodyguards to have sex.

Why wouldn't have Ben just took her back there himself?

The Steelers suspended him at least once, so they acknowledged that he did it.

Ray plea bargained and rolled over on the dudes with him, who were still found not guilty. Someone died and the people with Ray didn't do it, so that leaves him as the only possible killer.

But you just said it...NOT PROVEN FACTUAL.

You're speculating based on what you've read/heard. You are making assumptions it HAD to have happened because of X or Y.

And suspending a player doesn't mean that someone DID do something. You see teams cutting people just because they are accused of something, even it turns out that player didn't actually do what they were accused of.
At the end of the day, it's about the image and negative publicity it's bringing to the team.
Teams can let someone go without having something proved in court, just like when a company fires someone who makes a controversial post on social media. You may not think it's fair to do that, but that's freedom of private business.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But you just said it...NOT PROVEN FACTUAL.

You're speculating based on what you've read/heard. You are making assumptions it HAD to have happened because of X or Y.

And suspending a player doesn't mean that someone DID do something. You see teams cutting people just because they are accused of something, even it turns out that player didn't actually do what they were accused of.
At the end of the day, it's about the image and negative publicity it's bringing to the team.
Players can let someone go without having something proved in court, just like when a company fires someone who makes a controversial post on social media. You may not think it's fair to do that, but that's freedom of private business.

Not proven factual, but circumstantial evidence is a thing.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not proven factual, but circumstantial evidence is a thing.

And that's fair if you believe personally that those allegations are true, even if they weren't proven in a court of law.
With that said, I can understand why someone like Kay may have chosen to block you because it's just your opinion these things are true, not proven.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not proven factual, but circumstantial evidence is a thing.

"I'm truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, [Steelers owners] the Rooneys and the NFL," Roethlisberger said. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 04:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And that's fair if you believe personally that those allegations are true, even if they weren't proven in a court of law.
With that said, I can understand why someone like Kay may have chosen to block you because it's just your opinion these things are true, not proven.

(08-08-2023, 12:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: She's so hot and I love that she's feeling the love of our team and has faith in our offensive line!

She's stupid hot. Hopefully she's there tomorrow at the joint practice and I can get her attention because I think the Bengals being Super Bowl contenders is still an exciting thought for the public and they might be interested in a die-hard crippled fan!

Why do I get the impression that Kay might have blocked him for other reasons?  Perhaps the message sent to her on that topic started something like this, "I think you are stupid hot but..."     Tongue Hilarious

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 05:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Why do I get the impression that Kay might have blocked him for other reasons?  Perhaps the message sent to her on that topic started something like this, "I think you are stupid hot but..."     Tongue Hilarious

True true, although when I said someone like Kay, I wasn't meaning appearance-wise. I was meaning someone who is a local or national media/reporter.
Often times, they don't like to get into topics like that because 1) it's risky career-wise, and 2) it's just one opinion vs another.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 05:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Why do I get the impression that Kay might have blocked him for other reasons?  Perhaps the message sent to her on that topic started something like this, "I think you are stupid hot but..."     Tongue Hilarious

Hilarious

I was so pissed at her that I wasn't even thinking that she was hot!

That was hilarious though!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "I'm truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, [Steelers owners] the Rooneys and the NFL," Roethlisberger said. 

Exactly, and yet people still think all those women were lying.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know if I would classify this as a "lie," but rather a subjective opinion based on what the reporter has heard/thinks.
I think it's very true that the Bengals will be very cautious with Burrow. There's no reason not to be.

Now, does that mean he won't be out there on Sept 10? Given the calf strain happened so early in camp, I think there's a decent chance he's out there. It will have been like 6 weeks from the time the strain occurred.
With that said, if something happens trying to practice between now and that game, it couldpotentially push back his first game he'll play, and we won't know until that actually happens.

At this point, he's done so well without much of an offseason in his career that I don't really care whether he plays or not.
And the Bengals showed last year that even starting 0-2 won't doom them. They are definitely a late-season team (which is really the exact opposite of a Marvin team).

She is straight up lying out of her ass yet again.  

"Season starts in 31 days, do they think Joe Burrow will be ready to play?"

She said, "NO, no they don't"

Do you really think anyone from the Bengals org told her that Burrow is not playing Game 1?

She has a history of lying, and also talking ish about the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Joe may have aggravated the calf in walk throughs yesterday.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 07:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Joe may have aggravated the calf in walk throughs yesterday.

where are you hearing that from?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 07:41 PM)pally Wrote: where are you hearing that from?

Someone I know. I’m not swearing it or anything that’s why I was asking if it was mentioned.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 08:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Someone I know. I’m not swearing it or anything that’s why I was asking if it was mentioned.

If true it won't take long to find out
Reply/Quote
**** the Stoolers AND PigPen. That is all.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 10:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If true it won't take long to find out

The fact that nobody here seems to have heard anything sure makes me feel better.

Reply/Quote