Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow just lost to Cooper Rush
(09-19-2022, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off:

Pretty sure Tony Romo wants to have Copper Rush's baby.

JB is broken. IMO they need to sit him. They should have pulled him during the Steelers' game and let him watch the action live. Forrestt Gregg pulled Ken Anderson the year he won the league MVP.

I just don't see how they can bench Burrow. But, yes he looks broken.

It took the Bengals just over 2 years to break him.
Reply/Quote

JB is broken. IMO they need to sit him. They should have pulled him during the Steelers' game and let him watch the action live. Forrestt Gregg pulled Ken Anderson the year he won the league MVP.

This is absurd. As bad as Burrow was against the Steelers he still led us on what should have been 2 different game winning drives at the end. Not a single coach in the league would have benched him in that situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just don't see how they can bench Burrow. But, yes he looks broken.

It took the Bengals just over 2 years to break him.

Facebook level shit right here. This board is what’s broken.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is absurd. As bad as Burrow was against the Steelers he still led us on what should have been 2 different game winning drives at the end. Not a single coach in the league would have benched him in that situation.

I literally provided an example where a Coach actually benched a QB under a similar circumstance and it resulted in a Superbowl appearance and league MVP.

When folks bring up "comeback drives" it reminds me of what Peyton Manning said when he was praised about them:

Peyton Manning Wrote:You hear about how many fourth quarter comebacks that a guy has and I think it means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.

I suppose it's good we left JB in a game where he threw 4 INTs. It resulted in a 1 TD 199 yard performance.

IMO pulling him would have sent a message to a few people who need one. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facebook level shit right here. This board is what’s broken.

Agreed, we have too many posters trying to insult other board members instead of discussing the issues

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow will be fine. Anyone remember Mahomes first games last year? And it was behind a brand new offensive line. Weird.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I literally provided an example where a Coach actually benched a QB under a similar circumstance and it resulted in a Superbowl appearance and league MVP.

When folks bring up "comeback drives" it reminds me of what Peyton Manning said when he was praised about them:

I suppose it's good we left JB in a game where he threw 4 INTs. It resulted in a 1 TD 199 yard performance.

IMO pulling him would have sent a message to a few people who need one. 

When people have to go back 40+ years to provide an example of something it’s generally not a good sign.

And Peyton quotes aside, pulling your starting QB in a game you had a chance to win is absurd. Like I said.

You’re better than this.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Agreed, we have too many posters trying to insult other board members instead of discussing the issues

Anyone that thinks a QB is “broken” after a couple rough games deserves to be called out. The guy is clearly not back to 100% from his surgery, it’s insane to automatically jump to “broken” and “ruined.”

People can be somewhat concerned with what they’re seeing without going full on drama Queen.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When people have to go back 40+ years to provide an example of something it’s generally not a good sign.

And Peyton quotes aside, pulling your starting QB in a game you had a chance to win is absurd. Like I said.

You’re better than this.

I don't have to go back 40 years, I just picked an example that was Bengal related. 

From last year week 1:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10012272-packers-aaron-rodgers-pulled-for-jordan-love-amid-blowout-by-jameis-winston-saints

Quote:Aaron Rodgers' Week 1 came to an early end.

The Green Bay Packers fell behind 38-3 in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints and decided not to risk the starting quarterback's health in the waning stages of the blowout.

Guess what award Rodgers won last year. 

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone that thinks a QB is “broken” after a couple rough games deserves to be called out. The guy is clearly not back to 100% from his surgery, it’s insane to automatically jump to “broken” and “ruined.”

People can be somewhat concerned with what they’re seeing without going full on drama Queen.

Nowhere did I say he was ruined. You see him on the sidelines alone and something's not right. You see the WRs sitting together away from him together with defeated looks on their face, something's not right.

Something broken can be fixed if you take the proper steps; something ruined cannot. I see nothing "drama queen" in that.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Joe Burros will be fine. Anyone remember Mahomes first games last year? And it was behind a brand new offensive line. Weird.

And he wasn’t coming off a surgery to his core.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't have to go back 40 years, I just picked an example that was Bengal related. 

From last year week 1:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10012272-packers-aaron-rodgers-pulled-for-jordan-love-amid-blowout-by-jameis-winston-saints

Guess what award Rodgers won last year. 

Your example is a 38-3 blowout?

The Bengals still had a chance to win the Steelers game, and Burrow gave them a much better chance to do that than Brandon Allen. Period.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nowhere did I say he was ruined. You see him on the sidelines alone and something's not right. You see the WRs sitting together away from him together with defeated looks on their face, something's not right.

Something broken can be fixed if you take the proper steps; something ruined cannot. I see nothing "drama queen" in that.

Fair enough.

I’ll just have to disagree that benching him was the right step. Especially in a close game.

Reply/Quote
To me FWIW right now Joe seems to be in dire straits. He looks timid, unsure, even afraid. ZT and Co. need to fix a crap ton of stuff and fast.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Bengals offense got beat by Dan Quinn and the Dallas defense. Joe Burrow and Cooper Rush didn't face each other and they didn't face the same defense...they did not compete against each other.

The funny thing people don't talk enough about is that beyond the Dallas scripted plays they didn't really do anything after than. This is a case where it's obvious the defense is much better adjusting to things on the fly than the offense.

This isn’t the first time this defense adjusted to things on the fly,and were successful.Gotta love this defense.No,they’re not perfect,but this is a really good defense IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: To me FWIW right now Joe seems to be in dire straits. He looks timid, unsure, even afraid. ZT and Co. need to fix a crap ton of stuff and fast.

So you're saying JB is currently getting his Money for Nothing? 

Reply/Quote

I don't think Zac Taylor has balls. All those 3rd and 4th down passes are because Joe Mixon can't get short yardage runs. I'd love to take this back and see Burrow get benched, think of it as an investment for the future while taking an L. I think Burrow is going to have to get a little more visibly talkative for us to take the next step. He's dealing with grown men who maybe care about their money more than a ring. I'd be surprised if Rodgers or Brady would let this line do what they're doing. If there's no penalty for your poor or negative actions, what will stop you from continuing it?

I used to have a job that wouldn't reward me for good behavior and wouldn't penalize me for poor behavior. The raise was the same either way if you performed well, or didn't give a shit. Some people will not improve without chance of penalty. Zac is not Sean McVay, he's not nearly as smart. He's inexperienced and needs a lot more time, he's too much a coward to admit that. May think he'll never be a coach again if he lost this one.

The dejected look on the bench made me think of the OKC thunder. Young MVPs all on the same team to part ways later because they couldn't figure it out, even though they knew they just needed more time.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying JB is currently getting his Money for Nothing? 

And his Chic's For Free!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying JB is currently getting his Money for Nothing? 

And he’s unmarried so: chicks for free…

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:47 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: And his Chic's For Free!   Ninja

Beat me to it. LOL

Reply/Quote