Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton warns Joe Burrow: Rookie year might be rough
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109964/article/peyton-warns-joe-burrow-rookie-year-might-be-rough

"He called me about some of the things that I tried to do as a rookie that maybe he can apply to his NFL career," the impending Hall of Fame QB said Sunday on ESPN's SportsCenter. "Looks like it's going to be for the Cincinnati Bengals. What I told him, 'Look Joe, if you're the first pick in the NFL draft, you are going to a team that has earned the first pick in the NFL draft. There are going to be some holes there. There's a reason the Colts were picking No. 1 that year. There's a reason the Bengals are picking No. 1 this year.'"

The Bengals went 2-14 last season, missing the postseason for the fourth consecutive year. They haven't won a playoff game since 1990. Burrow won a pair only three months ago while leading a dominant LSU team to a 15-0 season. The Bayou Bengals have never been better. The Bengals of Southwest Ohio, meanwhile, just tied a franchise record for fewest wins in a season after being outscored by 141 points.

Even with Burrow, Cincinnati figures to have too many holes to turn things around overnight. Manning reminded him how hard his first pro season was back in 1998, when he set an NFL record with 28 interceptions and lost more games than he had in four years combined at the University of Tennessee.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 06:38 PM)Vambo Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109964/article/peyton-warns-joe-burrow-rookie-year-might-be-rough

"He called me about some of the things that I tried to do as a rookie that maybe he can apply to his NFL career," the impending Hall of Fame QB said Sunday on ESPN's SportsCenter. "Looks like it's going to be for the Cincinnati Bengals. What I told him, 'Look Joe, if you're the first pick in the NFL draft, you are going to a team that has earned the first pick in the NFL draft. There are going to be some holes there. There's a reason the Colts were picking No. 1 that year. There's a reason the Bengals are picking No. 1 this year.'"

The Bengals went 2-14 last season, missing the postseason for the fourth consecutive year. They haven't won a playoff game since 1990. Burrow won a pair only three months ago while leading a dominant LSU team to a 15-0 season. The Bayou Bengals have never been better. The Bengals of Southwest Ohio, meanwhile, just tied a franchise record for fewest wins in a season after being outscored by 141 points.

Even with Burrow, Cincinnati figures to have too many holes to turn things around overnight. Manning reminded him how hard his first pro season was back in 1998, when he set an NFL record with 28 interceptions and lost more games than he had in four years combined at the University of Tennessee.

I'll take a first year like that if he has a career like Peyton Manning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We constantly read stories like this, where a college player coming into the draft calls up some HOF player, or vice versa, and gets or gives advice. we read a lot about our D line reaching out to new players as soon as they are drafted. My question is, where is this phone book?
Reply/Quote