Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow makes history against the ravens
(10-26-2021, 09:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, and let's not forget what the defense did. They gave up two TDs, and one was just a helluva play by Brown. Good plan, great execution.

Dead on.  And they have done it every week.  Also love whenever there is a turnover, they really stiffen and don't give up anything.  

I know we all hated that Pick from Burrow, but if somehow that ball has more distance and Chase comes down with it, the game is over right there.  He trusts Jamarr that much.  Just, maybe, don't be that aggressive in a really close game :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Come on WW, you've got more football moxy than that.

The Bengals have NEVER had 15 on IR at the same time.

I doubt ANY NFL team has ever had that!

What the doctor said.....

(10-27-2021, 09:37 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: 2 things
First.   They had 21 players on season ending IR in 2018.
Second.   IR this year is totally different from all previous, as this year it is more of a baseball-like DL.  previous years, IR is permanent.   Prior to this year teams just inactivated their injured till they healed or if at the bottom a depth chart waived them and filled in the roster spot with PS players.   So having 15 players on IR is alot, but not like they will be without their services for the rest of the season.

We had major contributors on season ending IR last year as well. Burrow, Waynes, Reader, Mixon, Hopkins, probably one or two I'm forgetting. Topou opted out, Hubbard missed significant time, Atkins was hurt, Jonah missed time, XSF, whatever was up with Green, anyone else I'm missing? Those were called "excuses" too. 

In the league of next man up, I guess they were, and are.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  And they have done it every week.  Also love whenever there is a turnover, they really stiffen and don't give up anything.  

I know we all hated that Pick from Burrow, but if somehow that ball has more distance and Chase comes down with it, the game is over right there.  He trusts Jamarr that much.  Just, maybe, don't be that aggressive in a really close game :)

He also said he is willing to take those gambles because he trusts the defense to get the ball back.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:36 PM)Tony Wrote: Joe Burrow is the first QB to throw for 400 yards and 3tds against the Ratbirds at home...

The rats have played QBs like Brady, Manning, Big Jen and none of them ever did what Burrow just did to them..
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-joe-burrow-just-did-something-no-qb-had-ever-done-against-ravens-in-baltimore/

Joe Burrow is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:37 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: 2 things
First.   They had 21 players on season ending IR in 2018.
Second.   IR this year is totally different from all previous, as this year it is more of a baseball-like DL.  previous years, IR is permanent.   Prior to this year teams just inactivated their injured till they healed or if at the bottom a depth chart waived them and filled in the roster spot with PS players.   So having 15 players on IR is alot, but not like they will be without their services for the rest of the season.

Truth, plus they just beat the Chargers down the week before with pretty much the same unit.

I put no stock in the argument that they were too hurt to play with us...
Reply/Quote