Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free agency reset after recent flurry
(03-19-2021, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have a need at WR, but I don't want to spend that kind of money on it.

I was thinking more like $6 to 8 million.

I'm thinking now that we have Reiff, if Sewell is there we take him to shore up the line, then add a WR in round 2. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have a need at WR, but I don't want to spend that kind of money on it.

I was thinking more like $6 to 8 million.

Well, regardless of what you are thinking, we have an offer on the table for Golladay. Likely in the $10 to $15 mil range. That money, whatever the amount, if off the table for now until he signs somewhere or we pull the offer.

$29 mil minus Golladay offer ($10-$15 mil) minus what Reiff got ($10 mil?) minus draft picks money $11 mil) minus $ to re-sign other FAs (Huber, maybe Bynes & Daniels) plus draft picks offset (a couple million) plus maybe some additional cuts.

For the moment, I'd think we are close to tapped out. 
Reply/Quote
Unless we plan on signing more people... lets lock up Golladay idc if its 18 Mill.

If we aren't going to use it on anyone else just spend it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Reiff deal is 1 year for $7.5 million.

That is good business. But should not close the door on Sewell, at all.

Option #1. Pick Sewell. Move him or Jonah inside for a year. Then reassess after this year with Reiff a FA.

Option #2. Take Chase. WR room is set. Fix OG and OT depth later in draft. What happens with Golladay can impact here, but again, a 1 year deal should not stop us from taking our guy.

Option #3. Take Pitts. Easier to do if Golladay sign and/or Sewell/Chase are off the board. Would also allow us to cut CJ & free up more cap space, though likely for next year/extensions at that point.

Option #4. Trade back with a QB hungry team and get more picks.
Reply/Quote
Some I'd still like to see:
OLINE
Trai Turner

Mike Iupati

Forrest Lamp

Austin Reider

WR
Chris Conley

D-Jax

Demarcus Robinson

DLINE

Danny Shelton

Adrian Clayborn

Ziggy Ansah

LB

Kwon Alexander

Jeremiah Attaochu

DB

Tre Boston

Mackensie Alexander
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ziggy Ansah

Got excited when I saw this name, but has disappeared since his last big season (12 sacks in '17).

Only played a TOTAL of 500 snaps in 20 games over the last three years.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Reiff signed.

Hart and Geno released.

Biggest holes remaining in roster are OG, OG, #3WR.

"Smaller" holes at DT, DE/edge and OC.

We still have a lot of cap space  I think if we were saving any large chunks for extensions (Bates, Hubbard) we probably would have held on to Geno until training camp to see how he recovered.  But that is just pure speculation.

From the very beginning I said we would probably sign a WR in free agency, but not pay big money for a #1.  However if Golliday would sign here I'd give him a chunk of change on a 1-year deal.  I figure we will draft multiple WRs this year, but if we sign Golliday it would not have to be in the first two rounds.

I still hope we get Sewell at #5.  Reiff is not the long term answer.  If Andrew Whitworth could play OG his first years in the league then Sewell could also.  But that means we still need to find another OG.

We also need a PK, but they are cheap.  Same for punter where I assume we will re-sign Huber.

So my hope for the rest of free agency is WR, OC (maybe just one-year deal), OG, DT, DE/edge.

We definitely freed up some dough. I want a Guard and another End. This Draft isn't very deep at End. On the other hand 
it is deep at WR and OT. Also wouldn't mind a Center as this Draft isn't deep here either. This is how I would go about it, 
get the positions fixed in FA that aren't deep in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some I'd still like to see:
OLINE
Trai Turner

Mike Iupati

Forrest Lamp

Austin Reider

WR
Chris Conley

D-Jax

Demarcus Robinson

DLINE

Danny Shelton

Adrian Clayborn

Ziggy Ansah

LB

Kwon Alexander

Jeremiah Attaochu

DB

Tre Boston

Mackensie Alexander

I'll take a another guard for sure or chrs Conley would be better then depending on a 3rd or later receiver if we are drafting o line with first pick or Kyle Pitts. But if we drafted chase then the signing wouldn't make sense and conly would be guaranteed playing time. The draft coming later makes this difficult.  
Reply/Quote