Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow on Zac Taylor
This is not a lip service endorsement

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That just can't be because some of the expert dolts on here claim that ZT has nothing to do with his development.
Reply/Quote
The midseason trade (rare) of Dunlap shows the FO too still have faith in ZT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
As long as Joe wants to be coached by Zac, I'm fine with Zac remaining.

But we gotta get Lou out.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)pally Wrote: This is not a lip service endorsement

What would we expect Joe to say? He’s the face of the franchise, and trying to hold the team together. Even if he doesn’t like Taylor he’s not going to do anything less than endorse him publicly. The proof on Taylor is in his record, offensive rankings, and coaching staff he hand-picked. The proof is not praise-worthy. One only has to look at Carolina and see what Joe’s college OC is doing with lesser talent to see that Zac is not the offensive guru we were sold.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Wow, just wait until our resident Jackie Childs gets wind of this. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:13 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What would we expect Joe to say?  He’s the face of the franchise, and trying to hold the team together.  Even if he doesn’t like Taylor he’s not going to do anything less than endorse him publicly.  The proof on Taylor is in his record, offensive rankings, and coaching staff he hand-picked.  The proof is not praise-worthy.  One only has to look at Carolina and see what Joe’s college OC is doing with lesser talent to see that Zac is not the offensive guru we were sold.

Don't y'all just love the posters who take what Player A says, then tells you they didn't mean what they said, because the poster didn't agree with it? 
Reply/Quote
I believe Joe, and he also praised ZT in the post game interview. I think he knows more than any of us do.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)pally Wrote: This is not a lip service endorsement

how do you know that? 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't y'all just love the posters who take what Player A says, then tells you they didn't mean what they said, because the poster didn't agree with it? 

You missed the point. Joe is the rookie face of the franchise. He’s not going to trash the coach, the front office, etc., no matter how bad they are. Him tweeting support is not profound, nor it is it a glowing endorsement of how great Zac Taylor is. It’s expected.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I think this is also a good sign that there is no locker room issues. That was all Dunlap. As for Ross, well, he doesn't know what to do on the field, so I imagine he has no idea wtf he's doing ever. These players are not used to getting benched. I've wanted this kind of discipline for awhile and although big change like this is always painful, it builds good culture in the end.

Kudo's for Burrow coming out like that and being a leader. That's the first step in repairing all this BS and rallying the guys around "TEAM" instead of self.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 04:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: You missed the point.  Joe is the rookie face of the franchise.  He’s not going to trash the coach, the front office, etc., no matter how bad they are.  Him tweeting support is not profound, nor it is it a glowing endorsement of how great Zac Taylor is.  It’s expected.

It's actually a bit more than expected, or maybe better said, needed, if you're just toeing the company line. He can "show support" without actually going into detail like he has. It looks like he is very comfortable with how things are set up right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how to summarize my thoughts on ZT but here goes. Zac is an inexperienced coach that is way in over his head. Him being part of that UC Tubberville coaching squad leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

The Bengals knew that there would be growing pains and were willing to roll the dice. I'm am more than fine with taking a chance on a coach. That being said, if you are going to hire a head coach with almost no experience, you have to surround yourself with proven, good coordinators. Great coordinators who flamed out as head coaches. Instead, we basically got stuck with Lou and we may as well not even have an OC with Zac being head coach and calling all the offensive plays. He also seems to put friendship over the success of the team. I'm looking at you Turner.

I am fine with Zac if we can go out and get a better supporting cast. If Joe is ok with him, I am too...for now.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 04:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: You missed the point.  Joe is the rookie face of the franchise.  He’s not going to trash the coach, the front office, etc., no matter how bad they are.  Him tweeting support is not profound, nor it is it a glowing endorsement of how great Zac Taylor is.  It’s expected.

Or maybe Joe Burrow is actually being honest and expressing how he actually feels about the coaches.  That is a possibility.
Reply/Quote

No you missed the point by a mile...
Reply/Quote
Of course it is easy for Zac to "communicate what's going through his head" when it is on a high school level. It seems he has been communicating it to opposing defensive coordinators as well.

Anyone know who the other two "great coaches" are?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:13 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What would we expect Joe to say?  He’s the face of the franchise, and trying to hold the team together.  Even if he doesn’t like Taylor he’s not going to do anything less than endorse him publicly.  The proof on Taylor is in his record, offensive rankings, and coaching staff he hand-picked.  The proof is not praise-worthy.  One only has to look at Carolina and see what Joe’s college OC is doing with lesser talent to see that Zac is not the offensive guru we were sold.

Nothing I've seen or heard from JB leads me to believe he's ever anything but forthright. This doesn't sound like just regular "QB speak" to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course it is easy for Zac to "communicate what's going through his head" when it is on a high school level.  It seems he has been communicating it to opposing defensive coordinators as well.

Anyone know who the other two "great coaches" are?

I would guess he's talking about Zac Taylor, Brian "Not Bill" Callahan, and Dan Pitcher.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nothing I've seen or heard from JB leads me to believe he's ever anything but forthright. This doesn't sound like just regular "QB speak" to me.

I guess, but how often do high ceiling franchise changing QBs have to defend coaches that have a .152 win percentage?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:06 PM)Synric Wrote: I would guess he's talking about Zac Taylor, Brian "Not Bill" Callahan, and Dan Pitcher.

I noticed he and Pitcher together on the sidelines quite a bit Sunday. Not just going over the tablet either....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote