Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow on Zac Taylor
(10-28-2020, 06:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course it is easy for Zac to "communicate what's going through his head" when it is on a high school level.  It seems he has been communicating it to opposing defensive coordinators as well.

Anyone know who the other two "great coaches" are?

My guess is B. Callahan and the QB coach. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:58 PM)pally Wrote: This is not a lip service endorsement

Happy to hear this from Burrow, if the O-line keeps improving maybe this Offense under Taylor can be very good with Burrow.

As we have saw this season, it is possible. Those were some wild calls against the Browns which I liked. Especially the Boyd pass
to Gio and I liked the reverses. Maybe Taylor is finally getting it down, we will see.

The Defense needs to improve big time though under Lou.

I would bring in Wade Phillips if this keeps up.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:13 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What would we expect Joe to say? He’s the face of the franchise, and trying to hold the team together. Even if he doesn’t like Taylor he’s not going to do anything less than endorse him publicly. The proof on Taylor is in his record, offensive rankings, and coaching staff he hand-picked. The proof is not praise-worthy. One only has to look at Carolina and see what Joe’s college OC is doing with lesser talent to see that Zac is not the offensive guru we were sold.
OR that he thinks he is!! This is where the problem lies...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:13 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What would we expect Joe to say?  He’s the face of the franchise, and trying to hold the team together.  Even if he doesn’t like Taylor he’s not going to do anything less than endorse him publicly.  The proof on Taylor is in his record, offensive rankings, and coaching staff he hand-picked.  The proof is not praise-worthy.  One only has to look at Carolina and see what Joe’s college OC is doing with lesser talent to see that Zac is not the offensive guru we were sold.

Exactly! Mr 3 win coach Taylor has to get wins on the board and not just win against the awful teams, which he's rarely done, but wins against good teams, and the Bengals need to become a good team again.

Reply/Quote
Offense has been solid despite the bad line. Two coaches need to go. Anarumo and Turner. They are who we thought they were, and we should let 'em off the hook.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Offense has been solid despite the bad line. Two coaches need to go. Anarumo and Turner. They are who we thought they were, and we should let 'em off the hook.

I’d settle for just replacing Anarumo at this point. He was like ZT’s 5th choice for DC, and the results have pretty much shown why.

Maybe now after bringing in a bunch of FA’s on that side of the ball, and having Joe Burrow, we can get at least our 2nd or 3rd choice to come here...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d settle for just replacing Anarumo at this point. He was like ZT’s 5th choice for DC, and the results have pretty much shown why.

Maybe now after bringing in a bunch of FA’s on that side of the ball, and having Joe Burrow, we can get at least our 2nd or 3rd choice to come here...

Where's Jerry Glanville? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Offense has been solid despite the bad line. Two coaches need to go. Anarumo and Turner. They are who we thought they were, and we should let 'em off the hook.

Yep. The offense has actually been quite solid this year. The team got thrashed vs Baltimore, and rightfully so, but outside of that game Cincinnati is averaging 26.6 points per game. I don't like to play the "remove the worst performance game" but in comparison to last season, the offense does have the capability to put points up. We need to see more consistency and much better line play but the offense is improving.

The defense is just pitiful. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:13 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What would we expect Joe to say?  He’s the face of the franchise, and trying to hold the team together.  Even if he doesn’t like Taylor he’s not going to do anything less than endorse him publicly.  The proof on Taylor is in his record, offensive rankings, and coaching staff he hand-picked.  The proof is not praise-worthy.  One only has to look at Carolina and see what Joe’s college OC is doing with lesser talent to see that Zac is not the offensive guru we were sold.

17 points and less than 200 passing yards...hmmm talk about an offensive juggernaut. Oh and that was against the previously 1-6 Falcons. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:00 PM)higgy100 Wrote: That just can't be because some of the expert dolts on here claim that ZT has nothing to do with his development.

Zach Taylor is nothing to write home about and hopefully will be gone for next season
Reply/Quote