Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow press conference
(01-12-2021, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My favorite question:

What went wrong on the play where you got hurt??

And then Lap follows up with If it had happened mili-second sooner/later

That's the closest Joe came to telling them to STFU

AS to OP's comment: Didn't seem overly giddy about the reunion and I dig it. I'm sure he'd love to have Chase, but he's seems more about leaving it to the FO.

“What happened on the play where your knee snapped... how did that feel? Not so good I’d imagine! Would you say it was a ‘bad’ day for you?”

This is how dense I feel Lapham is lol
Reply/Quote

AS to OP's comment: Didn't seem overly giddy about the reunion and I dig it. I'm sure he'd love to have Chase, but he's seems more about leaving it to the FO.

Burrow's response was just gold, though.  "They got penetration." And then just seconds of painful silence while everyone realized there was nothing more he was going to add.  I think I actually laughed at loud when I heard that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree with everyone that those were some dumbass questions. Burrow is awesome though.
Reply/Quote

My take pretty much... they got some penetration, it is football, it is behind me lets move on.   He pretty much said left to Front Office to make FA decisions and draft.

I did like that he responded he likes the offense, he feels it was setup to favor his style.

Still not sure if he will be ready by 1st game, he is hopeful but does not see him ready for preseason and we might be starting a week early if they add that 17th game...
Reply/Quote
It's hard to listen to Lap for sure. Never been a fan.

I know the Bengals pay the guy but his sunshine pumping and locker room interviews are sad.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I haven’t watched this one yet, but y’all are harsh. Lap bleeds orange.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I haven’t watched this one yet, but y’all are harsh. Lap bleeds orange.

He does, but he never just asks a question. Its honestly because he doesn't know when to just stop. He keeps adding to it, but to be fair, he's not a reporter by trade. Most of the other ones are 
Reply/Quote
I'm such a fan of Joe. Andy was a good guy, but he's just not the type of person I can totally get behind. Burrow is a smart guy, he has a growth mindset. He's a deep thinker. He plays chess, not checkers. The plays he makes prove how deeply he understands the game. He's going to be great. Can't wait to see him heal up and get back on the field! Hope Pollack can sort out the offensive line and we can improve our weaknesses on the roster this offseason. Hope the coaches continue to learn and get better at their jobs as well.

Also, I'd love to get Burrow's chess.com handle and play him in a game of chess.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:19 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Burrow's response was just gold, though.  "They got penetration." And then just seconds of painful silence while everyone realized there was nothing more he was going to add.  I think I actually laughed at loud when I heard that.  

I felt awkward myself that they even asked that... Did they expect him to throw a lineman under the bus? Blame a dirty hit?
Reply/Quote
Did you guys hear him talking about learning what the defense did to him when He was driving the team against indy and it ended in a pick? He said it was a defense he had never seen before. He explained what he shoulda done. It was pretty awesome hearing him explain the whole thing..
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 02:20 AM)Tony Wrote: Did you guys hear him talking about learning what the defense did to him when He was driving the team against indy and it ended in a pick? He said it was a defense he had never seen before. He explained what he shoulda done. It was pretty awesome hearing him explain the whole thing..

I think a lot of time when people talk about the number of games we won with Burrow in there, they tend to forget this was his very first year in the NFL and he basically had no pre season. All things considered, I think he did fantastic.

In an article on the home page, it says he got back to Cincy and hosted Taylor, Callahan and Pitcher and they watched the Browns/Stealers game. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during those conversations.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with everyone that those were some dumbass questions. Burrow is awesome though.

I think everyone can now understand why Marvin gave cookie cutter answers...  Cause there were never any good questions lol
Reply/Quote
No to Ja'mmar Chase, the Bengals have enough big body receivers.... Need Smith, that speed guy from 'Bama
and Ja'mmar is more of a 4.5-4.6 guy
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 11:44 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: No to Ja'mmar Chase, the Bengals have enough big body receivers.... Need Smith, that speed guy from 'Bama

My thoughts exactly regarding Smith.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Smith is not the speed guy from Alabama...

That would be Waddle.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 11:44 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: No to Ja'mmar Chase, the Bengals have enough big body receivers.... Need Smith, that speed guy from 'Bama

Umm... chase is faster than smith. And we have big body receivers yes, which chase is only 6’1.
Reply/Quote
Let's pretend Chase is faster than Smith...but on the field, SMITH is waaaaayyyy faster. Chase is an Anquan Bolden clone...no to Chase, Next!!!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 12:59 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Let's pretend Chase is faster than Smith...but on the field, SMITH is waaaaayyyy faster. Chase is an Anquan Bolden clone...no to Chase, Next!!!

Chase has been clocked at 4.40.  Smith is expected to run low 4.5's to high 4.4's.  Chase is faster, but Smith has better burst and short area quickness.  

They're both great prospects, but Chase is a guy you can just plug into your offense and will be productive.  Smith is a guy that you will have to game plan touches for to get the most out of him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 01:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: Chase has been clocked at 4.40.  Smith is expected to run low 4.5's to high 4.4's.  Chase is faster, but Smith has better burst and short area quickness.  

They're both great prospects, but Chase is a guy you can just plug into your offense and will be productive.  Smith is a guy that you will have to game plan touches for to get the most out of him.  

...and we all know that is "Zac Attack's" #1 skillset... Ninja
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 11:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think everyone can now understand why Marvin gave cookie cutter answers...  Cause there were never any good questions lol

Could be...

It is a good thing. Mellow
Reply/Quote