Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow ranks dead last...
The 1st 2-3 games of the year, they had Burrow throwing really short passes to protect him. Like dumps to the RB and WR screens.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 12:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hopefully next year if Burrow is wearing a calf sleeve in training camp, they have some common sense and don't have him practice running rollouts.

I see what you're saying but I stop short of going this extreme. At some point he just needs to stay healthy. That's on him. I'm not saying he doesn't want to, not saying he's not tough as nails. But if he can't practice run-of-the-mill rollouts for fear of what might happen to his legs then his body's not fit for the NFL. Hopefully he'll have better luck next year. 
Reply/Quote
The wrist injury worries me. Namely it's success rate amongst athletes. This is his throwing wrist. I would HOPE, Zac and Co. have learned their lesson with Joe injuries and don't have him throwing the ball 40+ a game right outta the gate. Ease his workload in. Fix the running game. Fix the defense. So he doesn't feel he has to be Superman out there. He is a $275 million investment, treat him as such!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 01:51 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The new CBA plays a role in the relaxed atmosphere. They can only do so much. I know Zac prefers to not go hard in camp because he believes it helps players stay fresher in the latter point of the season.

And Ted Karras effusive in his praise of Zac’s governing of their health. He said he was the best of several of his previous coaches.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
75 percent of the contact Burrow takes he just needs to look in the mirror. He is going for the homerun every single play be happy with a walk or a single every now and then
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 03:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 75 percent of the contact Burrow takes he just needs to look in the mirror. He is going for the homerun every single play be happy with a walk or a single every now and then

Burrow is just like Allen and Mahomes in that he tries to keep plays alive. We should be used to that method since we saw Ben Roethlisberger do it against us for so long. How many times did we watch Andy just throw the ball away and wish he would try to make a play? I believe Joe will always take a higher amount of sacks than we're comfortable with because he's going to try and find something.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/AEApjysAFAA
Here's a YouTube short of Joe Burrow discussing why 3rd down sacks are OK.

I get his point, but it kind of reminds me of Akili.

Akili leads the Bengals on a 19 play opening drive for a TD, the most plays on a drive by a Bengals team. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200112160nyj.htm

Coaches told him ''Don't run so much. If you don't throw it away more often, you'll wind up getting hurt.''
Next drive - three and out.
Next drive - Akili scrambles on third down, gets injured and is out for the rest of the season.
In the locker room after the game, he disagrees with the coaches approach because ''I'm moving the chains'' . . . he said this while on crutches on his way to the IR.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote