Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow's Ranks When O-Line Wins!
I'm leaving to go to the gym soon (I just got back from my gym but my friend wants me to go with him because he wants me to join, but why would I join a gym two miles away when I can just roll across the street to my gym daily?), so I can't search for the actual Tweet on his page, but I just got this Tweet from Dan Orlovsky that has Joe Burrow's ranks when his o-line wins in the last two seasons:

72% completion percentage (1st in NFL)
9.4 YPA (1st)
41% 1st downs (1st)
114.4 passer rating (1st)

This is UNREAL!

I know our line is improved but it's still a question mark in my mind. It's obviously not as big of a question mark as years past, but I'd still just rather have it more improved.

Think if we can get quality veteran lineman to come here for the chance to win and just because they know they'll have stability here, we could be looking at a dynasty!

You might think it's wishful thinking, but look at the numbers! It's a passing league now!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm leaving to go to the gym soon (I just got back from my gym but my friend wants me to go with him because he wants me to join, but why would I join a gym two miles away when I can just roll across the street to my gym daily?), so I can't search for the actual Tweet on his page, but I just got this Tweet from Dan Orlovsky that has Joe Burrow's ranks when his o-line wins in the last two seasons:

9.4 YPA (1st)
41% 1st downs (1st)

This is UNREAL!

I know our line is improved but it's still a question mark in my mind. It's obviously not as big of a question mark as years past, but I'd still just rather have it more improved.

Think if we can get quality veteran lineman to come here for the chance to win and just because they know they'll have stability here, we could be looking at a dynasty!

You might think it's wishful thinking, but look at the numbers! It's a passing league now!

WHO-DEY!

Might be a dumb question on my part, but what does it mean when the OL "wins"?
Is that when not allowing a pressure on a snap?
Having X number of seconds to throw?

It's great, but I want to know more haha.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 04:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Might be a dumb question on my part, but what does it mean when the OL "wins"?
Is that when not allowing a pressure on a snap?
Having X number of seconds to throw?

It's great, but I want to know more haha.

I was wondering the same thing lol 

Looked it up and ESPN says it's when he has 2.5 seconds or longer to throw. (Can't post the link because ride's picking me up in 25 and I need to get a crippled shower ThumbsUp)

That's obviously not a concrete statistic because he could have 2.5 seconds but being rushed as he throws or could see a pass rusher coming free from his block or on a delayed blitz.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 05:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was wondering the same thing lol 

Looked it up and ESPN says it's when he has 2.5 seconds or longer to throw. (Can't post the link because ride's picking me up in 25 and I need to get a crippled shower ThumbsUp)

That's obviously not a concrete statistic because he could have 2.5 seconds but being rushed as he throws or could see a pass rusher coming free from his block or on a delayed blitz.

What this would indicate to me...
Give the necessary to boost the pass protection.
If there's a FA out there who could potentially improve any of the spots (OL, TE, RB) when it comes to pass protection, go get 'em.

Dalton Risner and Ezekiel Elliott would be at the ready for me.
Personally, I think Risner would be an upgrade over Volson (at least pass blocking), but maybe Volson has elevated his game since the end of last season and will be about on par or maybe even better than Risner in that department this year.
Risner has not allowed more than 4 sacks in a season with DEN these past 4 years. I'm honestly shocked he's still out there.
Elliott's pass blocking prowess is known.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm leaving to go to the gym soon (I just got back from my gym but my friend wants me to go with him because he wants me to join, but why would I join a gym two miles away when I can just roll across the street to my gym daily?), so I can't search for the actual Tweet on his page, but I just got this Tweet from Dan Orlovsky that has Joe Burrow's ranks when his o-line wins in the last two seasons:

9.4 YPA (1st)
41% 1st downs (1st)

This is UNREAL!

WHO-DEY!

Hear is a big big question, IF Joe Burrow continues to run the ball and he just takes off and goes crazy.He will be on IR BEFORE the season is over.He is going to get KILLED.Running qbs do not last in the NFL. A request by the coaches and MIKE Brown in his new contract is NO RUNNING.HE is the fanchise and will be seriously injured if he keeps running.My greatest concern for sure.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 07:26 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hear is a big big question, IF Joe Burrow continues to run the ball and he just takes off and goes crazy.He will be on IR BEFORE the season is over.He is going to get KILLED.Running qbs do not last in the NFL. A request by the coaches and MIKE Brown in his new contract is NO RUNNING.HE is the fanchise and will be seriously injured if he keeps running.My greatest concern for sure.

Joe is going to run. Mahomes runs. But a better OL is indeed the best remedy. But darn my optimism but a better OL can really put this offense in orbit. The offense has been held back because it can’t protect or run the ball. Personally I think Brown and Volson are gonna rock in the run game. The two together are large humans.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 07:26 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hear is a big big question, IF Joe Burrow continues to run the ball and he just takes off and goes crazy.He will be on IR BEFORE the season is over.He is going to get KILLED.Running qbs do not last in the NFL. A request by the coaches and MIKE Brown in his new contract is NO RUNNING.HE is the fanchise and will be seriously injured if he keeps running.My greatest concern for sure.

Meh, joe burrow is a superb athlete. It’s not like he is taking off 10x a game. In fact it’s 4 attempts/game with meh OL play.
Reply/Quote

Burrow ran the 6th most times among QBs, but it wasn't anywhere near the top.

Hurts - 165
Fields - 160
Allen - 124
Jackson - 112
Mariota - 85
Burrow - 75

Mahomes ran it 61 times.

Burrow is fine about where he is.
I'll start potentially worrying about frequency of runs if/when he starts consistently running 100+ times in a season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

He's not going to run the ball nearly as much when the line protects him better.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion this shows surgical level timing and accuracy.

1st in every % ranking that matters with over 2.5 seconds is insane. That means he’s diagnosing pre snap and post snap and he’s doing both at a very high level.

All this post tells me is we need to be the highest paid o line in the league because if he’s THIS good with time we need to unlock that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 03:01 PM)Housh Wrote: In my opinion this shows surgical level timing and accuracy.

1st in every % ranking that matters with over 2.5 seconds is insane. That means he’s diagnosing pre snap and post snap and he’s doing both at a very high level.

All this post tells me is we need to be the highest paid o line in the league because if he’s THIS good with time we need to unlock that

Yes sir, concentrate on keeping the OL tops and Burrow will make sure he is tops. This proves that. Dude is unreal with time.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 03:01 PM)Housh Wrote: In my opinion this shows surgical level timing and accuracy.

That's what I was thinking. 

I don't think he needs to diagnose things post-snap because he's so dialed in and his mind and body just reacts to what's going on.

Kind of the same with pre-snap because I think he just comes up and his mind dissects the possibilities of where defenders can go and where his guys will be.

As to the second part, I've thought about that and been wondering what positions, if any, we'll have to sacrifice to give him a good line because he, as I've said, can end up as the GOAT if we just give him the line to do so, which is high praise, but he has been to the Super Bowl (one block away from winning it) and the AFCC with no line.

I'm thinking defensive coordinators will have to start coming up with plans on how to stop him weeks in advance, kind of like how the Giants did in the first SB win over the Pats with blitzing guys from everywhere at different times to get pressure on Brady.
Reply/Quote

He is forced to run a lot but he's not crazy. He does that safe, no impact pop-up slide most of the time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 06:16 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He is forced to run a lot but he's not crazy. He does that safe, no impact pop-up slide most of the time.

I wouldn't call 3.75 att/game "a lot", but what he does very well is move around to elude the rush and extend the play.  When he sees a safe opportunity to gain positive yards, I can't fault him making those plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am depressed that a guy in a wheelchair is going to the gym 3x as much as I do
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I am depressed that a guy in a wheelchair is going to the gym 3x as much as I do

One of the greatest post I've ever seen on here! 

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote