Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's father: "if the Bengals do draft him he’s going to be happy"
We’ve talked about [potentially being drafted by Cincinnati],” Jimmy Burrow told TSN 690.

"So he’s excited to even be in that conversation, and if the Bengals do draft him he’s going to be happy. I can be in my seat in three and a half hours [driving from Athens, Ohio]. That’s certainly a positive.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-joe-burrow-en-route-to-white-house-still-up-in-air-on-attending-senior-bowl-222225340.html

So for the select people that are praying that Burrow spurns us for whatever reason, this quote should essentially end those hopes and there's a 99.9% chance Joe Burrow will be a Bengal on April 23rd.
Reply/Quote
He also said: "If the Bengals draft him, Joe will be happy". So we can probably eliminate about 25% of the new threads started in JN.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The "hot take" analysts are gonna be pressed af.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This is encouraging. He must have an undiscovered injury and just wants to be signed somewhere to pay off his college debt. Ninja

I kid, I kid. However, it does seem in line to Bengals luck, or lack thereof. I hope the kid pans out here and just takes the NFL by storm. Bengals fans deserve better than what we've received for several years. "Help us Joe Burrow, Your our only hope!" Well, that and several other things which must happen to make it possible.

Reply/Quote
If the coaches and front office protect him, he can protect the franchise.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:54 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: We’ve talked about [potentially being drafted by Cincinnati],” Jimmy Burrow told TSN 690.

"So he’s excited to even be in that conversation, and if the Bengals do draft him he’s going to be happy. I can be in my seat in three and a half hours [driving from Athens, Ohio]. That’s certainly a positive.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-joe-burrow-en-route-to-white-house-still-up-in-air-on-attending-senior-bowl-222225340.html

So for the select people that are praying that Burrow spurns us for whatever reason, this quote should essentially end those hopes and there's a 99.9% chance Joe Burrow will be a Bengal on April 23rd.

Hopefully they naysayers now climb back under a rock. We have a ton of things to be negative about, drafting Joe Burrow is not close to one of them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Man. I just think his attitude and confidence alone will help turn the team around
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:54 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: We’ve talked about [potentially being drafted by Cincinnati],” Jimmy Burrow told TSN 690.

I like it. Seems like a great family too. Yes, end the Burrow wouldn't want to be here threads now please.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Looks like we will find out if he plans to attend the Senior Bowl tommorrow or Saturday.

Quote:“We communicated with Joe late (Wednesday) night,” Nagy said. “He said he hasn’t made up his mind yet and he’d love to talk on Friday. We are going to talk when they get back from the White House.”

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/01/senior-bowl-still-awaiting-final-word-from-lsu-quarterback-joe-burrow.html
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Will he do commercials for hot dogs too like Carson?
Reply/Quote
Video 
I agree with Jessie Palmer. Turn the draft card in and sign the guy. This is our dude.

About 2:20 in for that part

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:03 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I agree with Jessie Palmer. Turn the draft card in and sign the guy. This is our dude.

About 2:20 in for that part

Amen. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:15 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Man. I just think his attitude and confidence alone will help turn the team around

Me too. Dude is too cool for school. This is from Brody Miller’s story in The Athletic...

Joe Burrow isn’t just smoking a cigar. No, he’s strutting with it, head cocked back, shoulders pronounced, smoke blowing into the air above him. He’s selling this. He wears a hat reading “Big Dick Joe.” He’s leaning into every aspect of his ever-growing legend, reclining back against a leather sofa with another puff of smoke and a subtle grin across his face.

The LSU quarterback, the Heisman Trophy winner, is the opposite story of Orgeron. He’s the outsider from Ohio. He’s a transfer who couldn’t win the job at Ohio State now joining a school that simply couldn’t develop an elite quarterback. Like Orgeron, though, he’s the one now puffing a cigar with the last laugh.

See, Burrow doesn’t get to be this guy often. That’s how he’s here in the first place. He’s compulsively competitive, a hyper-focused football obsessive known for death stares at his receivers and countless hours working on timing. He’s the most confident human in any room he enters. He just picks his spots when to display that.

Watch Burrow as he walks off the field during each drive Monday night. It’s nearly robotic how machine-like his reactions are both good and bad.

LSU punts for an unprecedented third-straight drive. Burrow goes to the bench, sips his water twice, puts on his headset.

Burrow throws a 52-yard touchdown pass to Ja’Marr Chase to break the seal. Burrow goes to the bench, sips his water twice, puts on his headset.

Burrow takes a massive hit to the ribs on a late first-half touchdown pass, knocking the wind out of him and forcing him to bend over as he exits the field. Burrow goes to the bench, sips his water twice, puts on his headset.

And despite Clemson throwing the kitchen sink at him, despite LSU’s worst start of the season and blitzes constantly confusing them up front, the magician adjusts. LSU was shocked to see Clemson play man coverage. So he slides in laser quick short passes. He dances around sacks and makes throws downfield. He takes off on designed third-and-long runs when nobody expects it.

So when Burrow knows they’ve sealed it, when he throws for 463 yards and five touchdowns with another rushing score to finish one of the best seasons in college history, that’s when you can see the non-robotic Burrow. That’s when he emphatically points at his ring finger while walking to the sideline. That’s when he dances, waving his arm up and down as the LSU band finally plays “Neck.”

And as Burrow’s won every award and broken nearly every record, go back to Burrow sitting down at SEC Media Days in Hoover, Ala., in July.

“My goal had always been to win a national championship being the quarterback of the high-profile team,” he said. “My goal growing up was never to play in the NFL. I wanted to play for — originally it was Nebraska — but it turned into somebody at this level and compete for a national title.”

Burrow is officially a cigar-smoking legend now, one who will have a statue of him in Baton Rouge sooner rather than later. He’s reached a place in LSU lore that may never be matched. He’s asked about his hero legacy in the state.

“What we did tonight can’t be taken away from us,” Burrow says. “I don’t know about the whole hero thing, but I know this national championship will be remembered for a long time in Louisiana.”
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He also said: "If the Bengals draft him, Joe will be happy". So we can probably eliminate about 25% of the new threads started in JN.

50%

But you know there's still going to be 17 dozen trade back, take this guy instead, have to build the Oline first and so on ad nauseam threads posted.

I don't know how soon they can go ahead and make it official but the sooner the better !
Reply/Quote
Rep to the OP
Reply/Quote
Don't eff this up Mikey. That is all.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is encouraging. He must have an undiscovered injury and just wants to be signed somewhere to pay off his college debt. Ninja

I kid, I kid. However, it does seem in line to Bengals luck, or lack thereof. I hope the kid pans out here and just takes the NFL by storm. Bengals fans deserve better than what we've received for several years. "Help us Joe Burrow, Your our only hope!" Well, that and several other things which must happen to make it possible.

I disagree a bit with your premise that he cant turn it around himself in general..if he is this superior in College with the way parity is.consder like half pur games were with and last season, we draft AJ and Dalton we go from last to playoffs, 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 08:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The "hot take" analysts are gonna be pressed af.

That's just icing on the cake for me. Big media sucks
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Straight shot from Athens to Cincinnati on State Route 32 so dad definitely wants him to be a Bengal. Don’t tell ESPN or other national media cause this boring story won’t generate clicks.
Reply/Quote