Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's father: "if the Bengals do draft him he’s going to be happy"
(01-16-2020, 07:54 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: We’ve talked about [potentially being drafted by Cincinnati],” Jimmy Burrow told TSN 690.

"So he’s excited to even be in that conversation, and if the Bengals do draft him he’s going to be happy. I can be in my seat in three and a half hours [driving from Athens, Ohio]. That’s certainly a positive.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-joe-burrow-en-route-to-white-house-still-up-in-air-on-attending-senior-bowl-222225340.html

So for the select people that are praying that Burrow spurns us for whatever reason, this quote should essentially end those hopes and there's a 99.9% chance Joe Burrow will be a Bengal on April 23rd.

No one is praying Burrow spurns the Bengals. They only fear Mike Brown will screw it up somehow. I mean it's not like that has happened before.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: No one is praying Burrow spurns the Bengals. They only fear Mike Brown will screw it up somehow. I mean it's not like that has happened before.

Sure there are those prayers. They're uttered by worthless Miami and NE fans. 

And.... Screw up how? Brown drafted Carson and AD. He gave the first one a stellar team, and he made an effort with AD. 

I'm not a fan of the Brown family, but we've had good talent in the past.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 07:54 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: We’ve talked about [potentially being drafted by Cincinnati],” Jimmy Burrow told TSN 690.

"So he’s excited to even be in that conversation, and if the Bengals do draft him he’s going to be happy. I can be in my seat in three and a half hours [driving from Athens, Ohio]. That’s certainly a positive.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-joe-burrow-en-route-to-white-house-still-up-in-air-on-attending-senior-bowl-222225340.html

So for the select people that are praying that Burrow spurns us for whatever reason, this quote should essentially end those hopes and there's a 99.9% chance Joe Burrow will be a Bengal on April 23rd.

Oh Thank God!!!
Now we don't have to put up with the "What if he pulls an Eli" crap anymore
Reply/Quote

You just crapped in several poster's lunchboxes. I love it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:29 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: . He wears a hat reading “Big Dick Joe.” 

He’s compulsively competitive, a hyper-focused football obsessive known for death stares at his receivers and countless hours working on timing. 

Does this mean we're gonna have another thread like the one about Andy's magnificent junk?

John Ross is going to be on the wrong end of those stares.... something this team has sorely needed for awhile. Andy is such a nice guy, he always takes the blame himself when things go wrong. I can't wait to have Burrow holding receivers responsible for dropped passes....

And it was pretty much a given that growing up in Athens, Cincinnati would be a place he would want to play. His family and friends can easily come see him play.
Reply/Quote
why dad still talking for 23 year old heheh
Reply/Quote
I'm glad the guy has some fire. Last year we went into the season bragging up how humble and quiet our team was and that didn't work.
Reply/Quote

Before the quote, you could see this in his eyes.  He is 100% community and 100% family.  As excited as I am (always) about the draft, I am even more excited about getting some things done in Free Agency.  Set the table now, get the meal at the draft, serve it opening day.  oh, and F%^* the steelers.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like we will find out if he plans to attend the Senior Bowl tommorrow or Saturday.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/01/senior-bowl-still-awaiting-final-word-from-lsu-quarterback-joe-burrow.html

im mean honestly... He has absolutely nothing to prove at the senior bowl only a risk of injury...  Do we know if the bengals would even coach the side he would be assigned to?

Are there any pros to him coming to the senior bowl?  (finding him a WR maybe?)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: im mean honestly... He has absolutely nothing to prove at the senior bowl only a risk of injury...  Do we know if the bengals would even coach the side he would be assigned to?

I would hope he would go, meet the coaches, get a Bengals playbook and then have a “mysterious” injury come up that keeps him out of the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: im mean honestly... He has absolutely nothing to prove at the senior bowl only a risk of injury...  Do we know if the bengals would even coach the side he would be assigned to?

I think 40% chance he goes. Bengals would coach him (he’d be on the South team). If he goes, no way does he practice or play with his rib injury. I think it would just be a chance to meet and talk x’s and o’s. Would definitely be worthwhile for our coaches. Joe doesn’t need to go though
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 02:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree a bit with your premise that he cant turn it around himself in general..if he is this superior in College with the way parity is.consder like half pur games were with and last season, we draft AJ and Dalton we go from last to playoffs, 

Listen to Ravens radio broadcasts aired in Louisville now since Lamar signed there. 

Anyway they give 100% credit to the drafting of Jackson to turning their direction back around. 

Mahomes did not hurt KC much either. 

Hopefully Burrow is the real deal as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:18 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I think 40% chance he goes.  Bengals would coach him (he’d be on the South team).  If he goes, no way does he practice or play with his rib injury.  I think it would just be a chance to meet and talk x’s and o’s.  Would definitely be worthwhile for our coaches.  Joe doesn’t need to go though

Yep, great chance for him to go spend some time with Zac and crew, and see how they run things. No need to play. No need to try to do anything at the combine either ala Billy Price. Just relax and stay in shape.
Reply/Quote
You mean there's still time for him to go and break 3 or 4 ribs? If the bengals draft him, which I'm fairly sure they will I won't bet on the health of any of his ribs.. Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:27 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Listen to Ravens radio broadcasts aired in Louisville now since Lamar signed there. 

Anyway they give 100% credit to the drafting of Jackson to turning their direction back around. 

Mahomes did not hurt KC much either. 

Hopefully Burrow is the real deal as well. 

Ravens had a solid defensive foundation as well, but added to it.

But to me, their decision to totally revamp the offense around Jackson's talent and made sure they had Griffin also in case jackson got hurt was one of best coaching decisions I have seen in my lifetime. My hat is off to them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 10:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why dad still talking for 23 year old heheh

WhoDey2 Probably so there isn't any kind of tampering talk or possible improprieties that may affect the draft...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Reps to LebanonFan as well, great read. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: John Ross is going to be on the wrong end of those stares.... something this team has sorely needed for awhile. Andy is such a nice guy, he always takes the blame himself when things go wrong. I can't wait to have Burrow holding receivers responsible for dropped passes....

And it was pretty much a given that growing up in Athens, Cincinnati would be a place he would want to play. His family and friends can easily come see him play.

Yes, Burrow reminds me of Brady the way he holds other players accountable. You are correct about Andy, nicest guy around.

We need a QB that gets pissed when shit goes wrong. Burrow should be that QB for us. Natural leader.
Reply/Quote
Music to our ears. The JB9 experience.   Rock On
Reply/Quote

Love it
Reply/Quote