Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's father: "if the Bengals do draft him he’s going to be happy"
(01-17-2020, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, Burrow reminds me of Brady the way he holds other players accountable. You are correct about Andy, nicest guy around.

We need a QB that gets pissed when shit goes wrong. Burrow should be that QB for us. Natural leader.

Has Brady ever gotten mad at his offensive line, publicly? It seems taboo but it would be nice to see a QB get away with that.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, Burrow reminds me of Brady the way he holds other players accountable. You are correct about Andy, nicest guy around.

We need a QB that gets pissed when shit goes wrong. Burrow should be that QB for us. Natural leader.

If 2020 looks anything like 2019 I hope Burrow kicks the door of MB's office in and demands that John Ross and ZT get thrown out.  In all seriousness, I'm all about players showing they have some fire, but having fire hasn't exactly benefited Bengals players in the MB era.  Hoping Burrow screams and gets pissed and finds incompetence to be unacceptable but also hoping that he is 110% committed to and thrilled to be playing for a franchise that is so well known for sloth as the Bengals is quite the hope.

Again with that being said, we are hoping Burrow goes nuclear on bad players while we are talking about having one of the least talented rosters in the NFL. Could be interesting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 05:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If 2020 looks anything like 2019 I hope Burrow kicks the door of MB's office in and demands that John Ross and ZT get thrown out.  In all seriousness, I'm all about players showing they have some fire, but having fire hasn't exactly benefited Bengals players in the MB era.  Hoping Burrow screams and gets pissed and finds incompetence to be unacceptable but also hoping that he is 110% committed to and thrilled to be playing for a franchise that is so well known for sloth as the Bengals is quite the hope.

Again with that being said, we are hoping Burrow goes nuclear on bad players while we are talking about having one of the least talented rosters in the NFL.  Could be interesting.

I disagree with the talent assessment Dalton was awful this year. Bad QB play demoralizes a Defense. Knowing you have to be perfect because the Offense continually shits the bed. 2 quality Offensivelineman and 2 quality LB's can go a long way. We nearly beat the Steelers due to bad offense by them
Reply/Quote
Players should play and leave the coaching to coaches.

As soon as one player starts yelling at other players that means players will yell at him when he makes a mistake. Pretty soon you just have players yelling at each other all the time.

Maybe someone like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could get away with it, but not some college kid who has done nothing in the NFL. I remember on time when Palmer yelled at Ocho on the sidelines. Instead of calling Palmer a "fiery leader" the announcers talked about "dissention in the locker room".
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 05:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote:  Bad QB play demoralizes a Defense. 

Bad play by the offense only hurts bad defenses.  I can provide a long list of defenses that played great even though the offense was bad.

Can't blame our bad defense on our offense.  In 2017 we had the 32nd ranked offense and our defense still ranked 18th.  Last year our offense ranked 26th, but our defense was worse (29th).
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need a QB that gets pissed when shit goes wrong. 

It is more important to fix the problem than get pissed.  Squealing and pitching a fit never helped anything.

I am more impressed with a man who can "keep his head when all about him are losing theirs" than some one who gets all pissy as soon as something goes wrong.
Reply/Quote
From Bruce Feldman's article:

“Other teams’ quarterbacks get hit and they *****. Our quarterback gets hit and I’m happy because I know he’s pissed off, and he’s bringing hell with him. That’s the mindset.”

[Image: tumblr_ofcxy6E17c1qkktc4o1_400.gifv]

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Bruce Feldman's article:

“Other teams’ quarterbacks get hit and they *****. Our quarterback gets hit and I’m happy because I know he’s pissed off, and he’s bringing hell with him. That’s the mindset.”

[Image: tumblr_ofcxy6E17c1qkktc4o1_400.gifv]

Big Grin

Our o line should give Burrow ample opportunity to get hit and Hulk-up.  
Reply/Quote
Just wondering if any rules are broken if Mike Brown sends a limo to Joe's dad every home Game. Maybe give him a corporate seat...
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Now that’s a kid with a head on his shoulders lol

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 12:15 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would hope he would go, meet the coaches, get a Bengals playbook and then have a “mysterious” injury come up that keeps him out of the game.

if AJ can do it for the entire season, piece of cake for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 05:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Has Brady ever gotten mad at his offensive line, publicly? It seems taboo but it would be nice to see a QB get away with that.

You ever see the old footage of Peyton Manning and Jeff Saturday going at it on the sidelines?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is more important to fix the problem than get pissed.  Squealing and pitching a fit never helped anything.

I am more impressed with a man who can "keep his head when all about him are losing theirs" than some one who gets all pissy as soon as something goes wrong.

Yep... Look no further than Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:44 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Will he do commercials for hot dogs too like Carson?

Carson Palmer had the personality of a paper towel.  He wasn’t an actor and shouldn’t have done any commercials. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:26 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... Look no further than Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict.

Problem was those guys had all the fire and passion but weren’t smart about it. There’s a happy medium.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ravens had a solid defensive foundation as well, but added to it.

But to me, their decision to totally revamp the offense around Jackson's talent and made sure they had Griffin also in case jackson got hurt was one of best coaching decisions I have seen in my lifetime. My hat is off to them.

Best head coach in the division by far and has been for years. Hate Hue Jackson all you want but he got the best out of Andy Dalton because he [shock] planned around his strengths and weaknesses [/shock]. Hopefully Zac "I'm going to make that square peg fit that damn round hole" Taylor steps away from the playbook and allows someone to orchestrate an offense around Burrow but still based on Mixon.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 01:56 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Best head coach in the division by far and has been for years. Hate Hue Jackson all you want but he got the best out of Andy Dalton because he [shock] planned around his strengths and weaknesses [/shock]. Hopefully Zac "I'm going to make that square peg fit that damn round hole" Taylor steps away from the playbook and allows someone to orchestrate an offense around Burrow but still based on Mixon.

It wasn’t just Hue Jackson suddenly becoming an offensive genius. That was the season Andy worked with Tom House, Tyler Eifert had a career year and was automatic in the red zone, Reggie Nelson was picking QB’s off left and right, etc. There was multiple factors behind the success they had in 2015.

Reply/Quote
Awesome.

That had nothing to do with what I was talking about.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 05:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Has Brady ever gotten mad at his offensive line, publicly? It seems taboo but it would be nice to see a QB get away with that.

Brady is pissed all the time man if it isn't perfect.

(01-17-2020, 05:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If 2020 looks anything like 2019 I hope Burrow kicks the door of MB's office in and demands that John Ross and ZT get thrown out.  In all seriousness, I'm all about players showing they have some fire, but having fire hasn't exactly benefited Bengals players in the MB era.  Hoping Burrow screams and gets pissed and finds incompetence to be unacceptable but also hoping that he is 110% committed to and thrilled to be playing for a franchise that is so well known for sloth as the Bengals is quite the hope.

Again with that being said, we are hoping Burrow goes nuclear on bad players while we are talking about having one of the least talented rosters in the NFL.  Could be interesting.

Eh, this is still an NFL team that has made it to the Playoffs 5 times in the last decade.

To say we are one of the least talented rosters with Mixon, Geno, Dunlap, Hubbard, Boyd, Bates, WJ3, Dennard on it is a laugh.

Also love the upside of Jonah and Pratt. You are just sounding hopeless now Nately, lighten up bro.

(01-17-2020, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is more important to fix the problem than get pissed.  Squealing and pitching a fit never helped anything.

You know what I meant, I was saying that Burrow reminds me of Tom Brady in that he doesn't take no shit.

Are you saying that Brady is squealing and pitching a fit, losing his head and getting all pissy when something goes wrong?

He is letting the other players know that they need to do their job so he can do his, that is what I see in Burrow.

Dalton is just a really nice guy, maybe a little too nice out there.
Reply/Quote