Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
Oof. A year ago a busted up and unhappy AJ for 18 million was worth it because a rookie QB needs a vet #1. Now Burrow was hampered by the guy. Time really make a fool's of us all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This NEEDS to be Zac's make or break year.

Yep. I'm wishing that Zac somehow, someway turns into a great NFL head coach but if he can't get this team to either a winning season and/or a playoff appearance, he needs to be canned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. I'm wishing that Zac somehow, someway turns into a great NFL head coach but if he can't get this team to either a winning season and/or a playoff appearance, he needs to be canned.

Another losing season and ZT needs to go, but that will also bring about the grim realization that in 30+ years of Mike Brown we've had a single good head coach and it was Marvin flippin' Lewis.  Well, I guess we already realized that...
Reply/Quote
The Steelers and Ravens games make his stats look awful. he was pretty good against everyone else.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 12:39 PM)J24 Wrote: The Steelers and Ravens games make his stats look awful. he was pretty good against everyone else.

Thank god we're in the NFC South.
Reply/Quote
Factoring in that he was a rookie playing in a messed up covid year behind a a O-line that was so porous that it looked like it was made up of a sieve with a shotgun hole blown straight in the middle of it.

Thought he did really well yet somewhat concerned about how he rebounds from injury and if he can actually be protected this season too.

Am hopeful somehow that the O-line is improved vastly or it could be a very long season for Joe and us fans to endure.

Still believing and keeping the faith for now though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like it or not it is a legit question.

Especially after 10 years of "Great QBs don't need a super talented roster because they make everyone around them better."

Just stop.

You're only contributes to this site is to troll others.

We've been down this road too many times.  I have zero respect for you and never will.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 01:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just stop.

We've been down this road too many times.  I have zero respect for you and never will.

I think Fred was only summoned to this thread when talk of Dalton not being special came to pass.  The most interesting thing to me is that 10 years ago we were talking about how Dalton had already shown that he had "IT" while his predecessor did not.  It's the circle of fandom.  We are quite literally kicking Dalton down the line from "special new guy" to "not that special old guy."
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 01:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just stop.

So just to be clear you have no answer for my question about what Burrow has ever accomplished without an elite roster around him.

Right?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 12:39 PM)J24 Wrote: The Steelers and Ravens games make his stats look awful. he was pretty good against everyone else.

So in other words the 2 good teams he faced who'll he'll play against 4 times a year made him look bad.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:11 PM)TJ528 Wrote: So in other words the 2 good teams he faced who'll he'll play against 4 times a year made him look bad.  

The Steelers and done and the Browns is the Browns, ergo just one team and Lamarrrrr Jackson is a RB who is gonna get figured out and/or no longer be able to scramble eventually. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Steelers and done and the Browns is the Browns, ergo just one team and Lamarrrrr Jackson is a RB who is gonna get figured out and/or no longer be able to scramble eventually. 

Well considering that RB has gotten them to the playoffs in his 2 years he's been a starter.  He's lost a total of 7 games in 3 years, and won 30 games. 

Wow, that's 1 more games lost than the Bengals have won in 2 years lol

Listen i was critcal of Lamar Jackson because I didnt think the dude would make it in the NFL.  

However, that guy is about to make BANK after Allens contract today.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:18 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Well considering that RB has gotten them to the playoffs in his 2 years he's been a starter.  He's lost a total of 7 games in 3 years, and won 30 games. 

Wow, that's 1 more games lost than the Bengals have won in 2 years lol

Listen i was critcal of Lamar Jackson because I didnt think the dude would make it in the NFL.  

However, that guy is about to make BANK after Allens contract today.  

Well, at least you agree that the Steelers are done and the Browns is the Browns!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, at least you agree that the Steelers are done and the Browns is the Browns!

Well as a Bengals fan, I have a certain distain for the Black and Gold.  However, until that team finishes a year under .500 I'll never count them out.  I've thought in the past they were gonna finish 4-12 and they end up 9-7 or some shit.

The Browns, I'm not a fan but that's a well put together team.  I hate Mayfield.  I think he's a bum but I think he's good enough to get them to the playoffs....not good enough to get them to the Super Bowl.  I think he's pretty much Andy Dalton.  

The AFC North is the most loaded division in football.  It's similar to 2015 when the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens were all really good.  The Browns ended up their normal 4-12 or 2-14.  Reason was they had to play the other 3 teams twice.  So that was an automatic 6 losses. 

I feel like the Bengals are in a similar situation right now.  I think any other division the Bengals could be 9-8 or 8-9 this year.  However, I think because of those other 3 teams and some area's of weakness the Bengals have we're basically the Browns before they got good and we'll finish 6-11 or 7-10. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. I'm wishing that Zac somehow, someway turns into a great NFL head coach but if he can't get this team to either a winning season and/or a playoff appearance, he needs to be canned.

If he can't get it by now he never will.

(08-06-2021, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Another losing season and ZT needs to go, but that will also bring about the grim realization that in 30+ years of Mike Brown we've had a single good head coach and it was Marvin flippin' Lewis.  Well, I guess we already realized that...

Dude, sad but true but also...

No need to remind us of this shit. We all know it. Quit being such a downer. Damn. Whatever

Good thing we stole Mike Hilton from Pitt, lets make them pay this year. Joe will learn how to win against the Steelers.

The Ravens are still the tough team we have to face, if we can start to compete with these guys things are really looking up.

If not, we will be in trouble. Have to stop the run and run the ball to take pressure off of Burrow.
Reply/Quote
the steelers have one of the best defenses in the league. They're going 8-9 at the very worst.

This blind optimism I just cant grasp

and I still cant blame Zac Taylor, or put him on the hot seat yet.

Im not gonna hold 2019 against Taylor. His rookie year as a coach with terrible defense, terrible o-line, terrible AJ Green. Just terrible. Terrible team.

He should have another year to prove himself after 2021. Because 2021 isnt going to be good. Especially not with the teams in the AFC north
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the steelers have one of the best defenses in the league. They're going 8-9 at the very worst.

Im not gonna hold 2019 against Taylor. His rookie year as a coach with terrible defense, terrible o-line, terrible AJ Green. Just terrible. Terrible team.

He should have another year to prove himself after 2021. Because 2021 isnt going to be good. Especially not with the teams in the AFC north

Quit giving Zac excuses. Just stop.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Quit giving Zac excuses. Just stop.

I just think you're being too harsh.

2 years of the worst o-lines in the league, paired with bad defenses.

Belichek would struggle to get 6 wins with the 19' and 20' teams

I just think you want a scapegoat so bad that it's blinding you to the contexts and facts
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the steelers have one of the best defenses in the league. They're going 8-9 at the very worst.

Frank, I usually agree with most of what you say, however EVERYTHING you posted in here is full of poo.  

Zac Taylor was hired in 2019 and was working on his staff while he was a QB of the Rams. 

Some will say he had to put together his staff.  Ask any coach who's up for becoming a head coach and they'll tell you they have a list of candidates already made out ready to go.  If Zac didn't have that then maybe he's not NFL prepared.  

I'll hold the 2019 and 2020 teams against him because he's the one who hired the coaches that coached those players.  You hire a DC who's known for wanting to use Zone defense but you have personnel that fit mostly a man defense.  Yea that's gonna work every time especially when that DC doesn't know how to adapt his defense.  

You hire a crap OL coach.  Zac was given the option to keep Pollack by the front office but Zac said no he wanted to bring in his own guy, Jim Turner.  Yea we see what kind of coaching eye for talent Zac has there.  

There is no way in hell if Zac Taylor isn't more than 9-7 this year that he should return to Cincinnati.  If you truly believe he should be given 1 more year no matter what happens this year, then you must be related to him in some way. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:41 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Frank, I usually agree with most of what you say, however EVERYTHING you posted in here is full of poo.  

Zac Taylor was hired in 2019 and was working on his staff while he was a QB of the Rams. 

Some will say he had to put together his staff.  Ask any coach who's up for becoming a head coach and they'll tell you they have a list of candidates already made out ready to go.  If Zac didn't have that then maybe he's not NFL prepared.  

I'll hold the 2019 and 2020 teams against him because he's the one who hired the coaches that coached those players.  You hire a DC who's known for wanting to use Zone defense but you have personnel that fit mostly a man defense.  Yea that's gonna work every time especially when that DC doesn't know how to adapt his defense.  

You hire a crap OL coach.  Zac was given the option to keep Pollack by the front office but Zac said no he wanted to bring in his own guy, Jim Turner.  Yea we see what kind of coaching eye for talent Zac has there.  

There is no way in hell if Zac Taylor isn't more than 9-7 this year that he should return to Cincinnati.  If you truly believe he should be given 1 more year no matter what happens this year, then you must be related to him in some way. 

I hear ya

But Turner wasnt his first choice for OL coach. He had to settle for Tuner after the guy he wanted went to Cleveland. 

Maybe he couldve brought Pollack back, but they just let him go, so it would've been weird to be like, "oh hey Frank, I know I didnt want you, but the other guy flaked on me, so Im gonna need you back"

The bengals arent finishing with a winning record this season, so you might as well begin on getting an early start on potential head coaches for 22'
Reply/Quote