Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow, the Bengals' third-best running back
Obviously the title of the thread is a joke, but I thought I would share some numbers reflecting Burrow's increased proclivity for running with the ball more than ever. We all knew he had this element to his game coming out of LSU, but between his rookie development, knee injury, and offensive line woes he hasn't really been able to showcase it consistently -- until 2022.

Joe Burrow's standing among NFL QBs in rushing numbers:

43 carries (8th)
239 yards (11th)
5.6 yards per carry (20th)
5 TDs (4th)
12th in EPA per QB rush (0.0)

Joe's rushing totals are comparable to guys like Jacoby Brissett, Geno Smith, Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence, and Kenny Pickett. He's at least a little above league average for these basic mobility measures (and they don't account for non-scramble mobility, where he might be even better than that). I don't pretend this stuff is spectacular, but it's still a nice element to add to his arsenal that defenses must respect (or pay the price).
Reply/Quote
Values taken from: https://www.nfeloapp.com/qb-rankings/
Reply/Quote
Curiously, nfl.com is showing 59 carries for 224 yards and 5 TDs. I'm not sure where the discrepancy is between the two sources, but whatever: our boy has wheels.
Reply/Quote
He does it well but wish he would get back to sliding.

He is the franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What’s most impressive to me is his escapability. How many times just this year have we seen him “dead to rights” just to escape, keep his eyes downfield, and either complete a pass or pull it down and run? I love it. The offensive line playing up to par has really opened Joe’s (and the offense overall, really) game.
Reply/Quote