Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow the Lebron James of Cincy
I think Joe Burrow has the ability to bring Cincinnati and the Bengals to higher levels than the Cleveland Cavs were able to do with Lebron James. Lebrons Championship was amazing and very special, as was all of his seasons in Cleveland, so I do not want to take ANYTHING away from what he did.  I can see Joe Burrow bringing multiple Lombardi Trophys to the Cincinnati Bengals, now he cannot do it alone obviously and I am not predicting this to happen, or saying that its going to, but I believe that it is a very live possibility.....and I believe in what I have seen from that kid.  We will see what happens because its also a possibility he never even plays in Cincy, but I am going on record of being the first person here or anywhere else as far as I know to make this statement or comparison, and I mean it. 

It would be so cool to have another Ohio kid finally bring success to his home states professional team.  And myself being a Bengals and Buckeyes fan, if I am honest, Joe Burrow winning a Lombardi Trophy in Cincy would mean more to me than if he had won a NCAA Championship at Ohio State.
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:14 PM)xEGDx Wrote: I think Joe Burrow has the ability to bring Cincinnati and the Bengals to higher levels than the Cleveland Cavs were able to do with Lebron James.  Lebrons Championship was amazing and very special, as was all of his seasons in Cleveland, so I do not want to take ANYTHING away from what he did.  I can see Joe Burrow bringing multiple Lombardi Trophys to the Cincinnati Bengals, now he cannot do it alone obviously and I am not predicting this to happen, or saying that its going to, but I believe that it is a very live possibility.....and I believe in what I have seen from that kid.  We will see what happens because its also a possibility he never even plays in Cincy, but I am going on record of being the first person here or anywhere else as far as I know to make this statement or comparison, and I mean it.

Almost  Smirk

(01-14-2020, 12:14 AM)J24 Wrote: He throws like Drew Brees and runs like Alex Smith.  We got our Lebron.
Reply/Quote
I doubt it...

LeBron James was the proverbial "generational talent" that some people wanna apply to Joe Burrow. Not to mention there are 12 men on an NBA team, and 53 on an NFL team. Might he bring a lil excitement to the casual fan base? I think he will. We he generate $70,000,000 to the local economy around PBS? Hell no.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Almost  Smirk

Nice, I admit I have not been the most active user the last few months, lol
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:23 PM)jason Wrote: I doubt it...

LeBron James was the proverbial "generational talent" that some people wanna apply to Joe Burrow. Not to mention there are 12 men on an NBA team, and 53 on an NFL team. Might he bring a lil excitement to the casual fan base? I think he will. We he generate $70,000,000 to the local economy around PBS? Hell no.

Were going to sell out every game from August until January. Have you ever seen the Bars around PBS after and before games? Its a crazy scene man now imagine addition of 25,000! It's going to be popping(I think thats what the kid says).
"They say in southern Ohio dreams aren't made there earned" Joe Burrow
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:35 PM)J24 Wrote: Were going to sell out every game from August until January. Have you ever seen the Bars around PBS after and before games? Its a crazy scene man now imagine addition of 25,000! It's going to be popping(I think thats what the kid says).
"They say in southern Ohio dreams aren't made there earned" Joe Burrow

You trippin'...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:38 PM)jason Wrote: You trippin'...

lol yeah, I think it'll be somewhere in-between.

If he had stayed at OSU and had done what he did, it'd be a sellout for the next 5 years minimum, but despite being an alumn, he's still an LSU guy.

It will generate income and all that, but it will be a slow growth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:14 PM)Dcity614 Wrote: I think Joe Burrow has the ability to bring Cincinnati and the Bengals to higher levels than the Cleveland Cavs were able to do with Lebron James. Lebrons Championship was amazing and very special, as was all of his seasons in Cleveland, so I do not want to take ANYTHING away from what he did.  I can see Joe Burrow bringing multiple Lombardi Trophys to the Cincinnati Bengals, now he cannot do it alone obviously and I am not predicting this to happen, or saying that its going to, but I believe that it is a very live possibility.....and I believe in what I have seen from that kid.  We will see what happens because its also a possibility he never even plays in Cincy, but I am going on record of being the first person here or anywhere else as far as I know to make this statement or comparison, and I mean it. 

It would be so cool to have another Ohio kid finally bring success to his home states professional team.  And myself being a Bengals and Buckeyes fan, if I am honest, Joe Burrow winning a Lombardi Trophy in Cincy would mean more to me than if he had won a NCAA Championship at Ohio State.

Almost again. :)

(01-14-2020, 11:28 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: That said, if he performs as well as most of you think he will, he'll be the Lebron of Cincinnati.

He certainly has a chance. I'll wait to see how free agency goes before I let myself get too excited about the future. 
Reply/Quote
No. LeBron was a star since he was a child and frankly has basically zero "bad" games in his whole career. Burrow has had 1 good year. There is only 1 LBJ, like there was only 1 MJ. He may win a superbowl but to be LeBron of NFL? He needs to be the Brady of NFL.

If you're saying he'll rescue Cincy and give them a single ring, that might be possible. If you're saying he's LeBron James overall, no way jose. He'll need to make the superbowl as many times as Brady, good luck with that. I don't think we will see Brady again in our lifetime, someone else may, we will be dead by then.

There are very few players that can achieve over and above the restrictions the organization places on them.

The next Lebron we have in any sport is called: Luka Doncic.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 10:56 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No. LeBron was a star since he was a child and frankly has basically zero "bad" games in his whole career. Burrow has had 1 good year.  There is only 1 LBJ, like there was only 1 MJ. He may win a superbowl but to be LeBron of NFL? He needs to be the Brady of NFL.

If you're saying he'll rescue Cincy and give them a single ring, that might be possible. If you're saying he's LeBron James overall, no way jose. He'll need to make the superbowl as many times as Brady, good luck with that. I don't think we will see Brady again in our lifetime, someone else may, we will be dead by then.

There are very few players that can achieve over and above the restrictions the organization places on them.

The next Lebron we have in any sport is called: Luka Doncic.

You must have missed game 5 of the 2010 Celtics series or the whole 2011 Finals. LeBron's the greatest but he has had bad games before. Anyways Simmons is closer to Bron than Doncic( he doesn't do what LeBron's does as a defensive player).

Back to comparing Burrow to Lebron.  Burrow being a hometown kid gives him a chance to have a social  impact like Lebron did in Cleveland.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:25 PM)J24 Wrote: You must have missed game 5 of the 2010 Celtics series or the whole 2011 Finals. LeBron's the greatest but he has had bad games before. Anyways Simmons is closer to Bron than Doncic( he doesn't do what LeBron's does as a defensive player).

Back to comparing Burrow to Lebron.  Burrow being a hometown kid gives him a chance to have a social  impact like Lebron did in Cleveland.

5 games out of...how many? Of course those games "mattered" so they' should be weighted more, but if you can't find any more examples, he's played "well" in 99.5% of his games then - lol. The funny part is being bad is subjective, if you look at his stats - bet it's "good" for almost every other player but bad for him.

Doncic is definitely closer to LeBron, Ben will never have a 3 pointer. Look up the stat for the amount of 2 pointers Simmons has ATTEMPTED outside of the paint. You will laugh. The baby Lebron comparison ended 2 years ago with him. I agree Doncic is lacking any real defense right now.

LBJ is probably the most consistent sports athlete alive and is beginning to wane 18 years into his career. Consistency + longevity = all time great.

Lebron's first professional game: 25 points, six rebounds, nine assists, four steals.

If we want to compare what Burrow will need to do his first game, that's probably no picks, no sacks, 3TD passes, 300 yards passing, and 50 yards rushing. Who will he pass to when AJ's toenail didn't grow back yet? Lol

One comparison is clear, Burrow will have to pull a bunch of crappy (Bengals) players and organization to the Superbowl with him.

I can imagine the social impact isn't as great. Cleveland is probably more impoverished than Cincy, and LeBron is a minority. The social impact for a white male is not as much. The way lebron broke kid's hearts when he left is not the same of breaking kid's hearts if burrow left. Poor black kids looked up to LeBron, seeing him leave crushed them in a way that couldn't be fixed with another PBJ sandwich or video game.

In anothre way I can agree wiht you, if he rescues Cincy by giving them a single ring, I would compare him to LeBron in that manner but I will (probably) never say he's even close to Lebron. You have to be careful with that comparison. It's LBJ, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods league - these are not once in a generation but once a century players. We knew LBj and Tiger were going to kill everyone. He is more like Tom (of course they play the same sport!) in that way then, and in what he'd have to accomplish to get into that higher category. Of course we know Tom's back story which is probably his driving motivator. Burrow will be #1. He needs to make 9 superbowls, I think it's much harder to will a team to win in NFL than in NBA.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 5 games out of...how many? Of course those games "mattered" so they' should be weighted more, but if you can't find any more examples, he's played "well" in 99.5% of his games then - lol. The funny part is being bad is subjective, if you look at his stats - bet it's "good" for almost every other player but bad for him.

Doncic is definitely closer to LeBron, Ben will never have a 3 pointer. Look up the stat for the amount of 2 pointers Simmons has ATTEMPTED outside of the paint. You will laugh. The baby Lebron comparison ended 2 years ago with him. I agree Doncic is lacking any real defense right now.

LBJ is probably the most consistent sports athlete alive and is beginning to wane 18 years into his career. Consistency + longevity = all time great.

Lebron's first professional game: 25 points, six rebounds, nine assists, four steals.

If we want to compare what Burrow will need to do his first game, that's probably no picks, no sacks, 3TD passes, 300 yards passing, and 50 yards rushing. Who will he pass to when AJ's toenail didn't grow back yet? Lol

One comparison is clear, Burrow will have to pull a bunch of crappy (Bengals) players and organization to the Superbowl with him.

I can imagine the social impact isn't as great. Cleveland is probably more impoverished than Cincy, and LeBron is a minority. The social impact for a white male is not as much. The way lebron broke kid's hearts when he left is not the same of breaking kid's hearts if burrow left. Poor black kids looked up to LeBron, seeing him leave crushed them in a way that couldn't be fixed with another PBJ sandwich or video game.

In anothre way I can agree wiht you, if he rescues Cincy by giving them a single ring, I would compare him to LeBron in that manner but I will (probably) never say he's even close to Lebron. You have to be careful with that comparison. It's LBJ, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods league - these are not once in a generation but once a century players. We knew LBj and Tiger were going to kill everyone. He is more like Tom (of course they play the same sport!) in that way then, and in what he'd have to accomplish to get into that higher category. Of course we know Tom's back story which is probably his driving motivator. Burrow will be #1. He needs to make 9 superbowls, I think it's much harder to will a team to win in NFL than in NBA.

Simmons can guard 1-5 and is better finisher around the basket. Luka  is the better offensive player between the two but he isn't close on the Defensive end. That's what made Lebron Lebron was he could guard 1-4 on a given night.
Secondly the guy already has shown he can have a social impact look at how much his Heisman Speech raised for Southern Ohio food pantries. It real was something special.
As for his first game who really cares I'm more concerned what he does his first season. Anyways it's not unheard of for a rookie QB to turn around a team. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 10:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol yeah, I think it'll be somewhere in-between.

If he had stayed at OSU and had done what he did, it'd be a sellout for the next 5 years minimum, but despite being an alumn, he's still an LSU guy.

It will generate income and all that, but it will be a slow growth.

As a former long term season ticket holder (group of 8 and 4 seats), I am watching FA and also the draft. Our group is ready to go back to the club section if we like what we see.

I am also considering going to Vegas for draft, only issue is I have a huge meeting same day in Florida I would have to skip.

I can see fans coming back, I can also see Joe Burrow being our James, our Manning or our Montana.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As a former long term season ticket holder (group of 8 and 4 seats), I am watching FA and also the draft. Our group is ready to go back to the club section if we like what we see.

I am also considering going to Vegas for draft, only issue is I have a huge meeting same day in Florida I would have to skip.

I can see fans coming back, I can also see Joe Burrow being our James, our Manning or our Montana.

That would be great, to see fans come back!

But please don't jack up the price for the Cowboys game; I need 4 tickets people! :$
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 02:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Simmons can guard 1-5 and is better finisher around the basket. Luka  is the better offensive player between the two but he isn't close on the Defensive end. That's what made Lebron Lebron was he could guard 1-4 on a given night.
Secondly the guy already has shown he can have a social impact look at how much his Heisman Speech raised for Southern Ohio food pantries. It real was something special.
As for his first game who really cares I'm more concerned what he does his first season. Anyways it's not unheard of for a rookie QB to turn around a team. 

Yes, I agree. I'm just saying what makes LeBron great is he basically never sucks. Everyone thinks he did poorly and gave up in those famous games. NBA has 82 games a season + playoffs. The sheer amount of games he plays in and the majority of people would probably say every game statistically was great, that gives no leeway at all for Joe to suffer if we try to cmpare him apples to apples lol. It's an aura backed by stats, before the game starts you know he's going to get his. We have had other QBs have this aura (Mahomes, at some point Rodgers, a few years it was Brees) - but so far has anyone taken it their whole career? Hard to compare NFL and NBA statistically like that, I get your impact point.

NBA it's hard to double team without getting "damaged". If you 1 on 1 LeBron in most of his career it's also game over. Who has actually "stopped" him? Athletically, he's also a freak, he's the human genetic mutation. Kind of like Tiger. Joe is ordinary Joe with skills, lol. Maybe he'll be more like Doncic in that regard? Lol. It's the brain that causes them to be superior, Joe is an assistant coach on the field.

I will take the comparison that Joe rescues Cincy from a huge drought as a home boy to win a single superbowl ring. If he won a lot more, it would be surprising.

PS, I live in Cleveland so I have a bias about their sporst teams and how annoying and dumb Browns fans really are among other things.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That would be great, to see fans come back!

But please don't jack up the price for the Cowboys game; I need 4 tickets people! :$

I saw you need 4 tickets.

I will keep in mind, maybe part of a package deal with another game, if so I could buy and then sell the Dallas game to you possibly
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw you need 4 tickets.

I will keep in mind, maybe part of a package deal with another game, if so I could buy and then sell the Dallas game to you possibly

LeBron want's tickets too. He wants to see the greatest athlete that ever lived play QB for the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw you need 4 tickets.

Many thanks, Luvnit! But don't go out of your way; I have no issues going on Stubhub or whatever, but the extra fees are killer, with the exchange rate; for 4 tickets, it'll be almost $140.00 Canadian extra for me, if the fee is $25.00... Ridiculous.

(01-17-2020, 07:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LeBron want's tickets too. He wants to see the greatest athlete that ever lived play QB for the Bengals.

LOL
Reply/Quote
Cannot stand Lebron, never have. Farts on his fans and has no class.

Hopefully Joe Burrow is the Michael Jordan or Tom Brady of Cincy.
Reply/Quote