Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow thus far 2021
(12-26-2021, 06:32 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Next week, will have to be a shoot out with KC to win. Defense will not stop Mahomes and Kelcee 

They’re doing ok today without Kelce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:51 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Dude, the game day threads are always over-dramatic when the Bengals lose. Even today, I saw the usuals posting about how bad the Bengals suck and “bungles this, bungles that”,  “fire xxxxx coach”. Just make fun of those dudes and move on. That shit is miserable.

Let me just say that very few non-chargers fans would pick Herbert over Burrow, when they aren’t being dramatic.

At the moment we are reduced to complaining that we didn't "need" Mahommes because we had Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thought Joe had 28 TD's before his 4 TD day today Racer?

BTW, great game and exactly what I wanted to see from the Offense today. This team can beat anybody even the Chiefs.

Defense will have to play better though, hopefully Logan is back next week along with Reader and Kareem.

He had 28 total TD’s coming into today, but 2 were rushing. If you saw that # on a graphic that’s what it was.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:32 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Next week, will have to be a shoot out with KC to win. Defense will not stop Mahomes and Kelcee 

The TE talent we’ve had to face these last few and final games is insane. Scary considering we’ve yet to notice other teams like to throw to them.
Reply/Quote
Is there a chance Logan can be back next week?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He had 28 total TD’s coming into today, but 2 were rushing. If you saw that # on a graphic that’s what it was.

Ah, thanks Nicomo, that is what I saw.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Burrow will move up to #2 in the league in passer rating behind Rodgers.

Joe's 105.0 moves him past Stafford's 104.0.
Reply/Quote
2021 shows how badly we need to improve the oline.

As of right now, Burrow has been sacked 47 times, more than anyone else in the NFL, for a whopping loss of 339 yards.

Look at what he has done this year despite this.

Keep him clean and our passing game will transcend what has ever been seen before.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: 2021 shows how badly we need to improve the oline.

As of right now, Burrow has been sacked 47 times, more than anyone else in the NFL, for a whopping loss of 339 yards.

Look at what he has done this year despite this.

Keep him clean and our passing game will transcend what has ever been seen before.

We still need a couple more long term pieces for the OL, but Burrow is always going to be near the top of most sacked QB’s any given year. It’s just the style he plays.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We still need a couple more long term pieces for the OL, but Burrow is always going to be near the top of most sacked QB’s any given year. It’s just the style he plays.

Yep, he loves empty sets and when plays breakdown he loves to break tackles and make something out of nothing.

Just the way he is. I don't care if we have the best OL in football, Joe Burrow will get sacked more than most.

I will take it while he breaks records and wins game after game with his style.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just the way he is. I don't care if we have the best OL in football, Joe Burrow will get sacked more than most.

I will take it while he breaks records and wins game after game with his style.

Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger are headed to the Hall of Fame despite taking way too many sacks.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like Burrow will move up to #2 in the league in passer rating behind Rodgers.

Joe's 105.0 moves him past Stafford's 104.0.

Feels nice to finally have an elite top 5 QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The elite taking their beatings and get sacked:

1. Big Ben
2. Brady
3. Favre
4. Elway
5. Rodgers
14. Wilson

Longevity contributes to these QBs being sacked a lot, but it would be interesting if there was a way to breakdown them wanting to stay in the pocket and make a play happen type of analysis that resulted in them being sacked more.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_career.htm
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger are headed to the Hall of Fame despite taking way too many sacks.

Yep, sacks don't tell all. What matters is wins and they are starting to come while Burrow gets sacked.

He just needs to throw the ball out of bounds more and make his OL look a little better like Peyton said.

The OL gets credited with a sack when Burrow runs out of bounds behind the LOS. The Niners game is a good example.
Reply/Quote
Also, third straight game for Burrow with zero turnovers. That helps the offense out also.
Reply/Quote
All points about Burrows style are true, however, the right side of the line and C, could all be upgraded, and Lg if we don’t resign Spain.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:29 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I think his yardage is ONLY 4165. If that 4300 is true, it’s a franchise record. Hopefully he breaks Dalton’s 4293 next week, in the 16th game….he would only need 129 to break it.

Apologies, Woody, you are correct with 4165
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

He's clearly in his "year 2" growth chart....just like he did at LSU.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's clearly in his "year 2" growth chart....just like he did at LSU.

And to think there was some people talking about “regression” at one point when we were leaning heavily on Mixon…

Reply/Quote