Poll: Who do you take if they were both in the same draft year?
Joe Burrow
Trevor Lawrence
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence
(01-14-2020, 10:52 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Next year, I'd say Clemson is the top favourite for the NC, but we'll see (I still loathe them lol).

You'd have to think the expected matchup is Ohio St vs Clemson. 
Fields vs Lawrence.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You'd have to think the expected matchup is Ohio St vs Clemson. 
Fields vs Lawrence.

On paper and after this season, that would be the smart choice.

But you can't keep 'bama out of the discussion either; I know full well that they're losing Tagovailoa, but they're still a 2 loss team or less, year in, year out.

If they don't go with someone new, I'm hoping Brennan can keep the LSU train rolling as well, as that D is full of superb young talent, even with all the players moving on.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This is an incorrect statement by a mile. At least half have tua as qb1 if u take out injuries.

Okay.

And if I had wheels, I'd be a wagon.

What's your point?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Okay.

And if I had wheels, I'd be a wagon.

What's your point?

I think the point is that Burrow wasn't the clear-cut #1 QB for the 2020 draft until Tua got hurt whereas Lawrence has been expected to be the clear-cut #1 QB for 2021.

Burrow's rise reminds me of Baker Mayfield's rise a couple years ago. Talked about as an early 2nd rounder early in the 2017 college season but as the season went along and we started to see some of these other prospects falter some, it became more apparent that Baker would go earlier and earlier.

Lawrence reminds me of Sam Darnold. Outstanding his first year and everyone expected him to grow into this clear-cut elite QB who was a shoe-in for 1st overall pick once he was eligible to enter the draft. Declined at times his second year and started to put some doubts. Difference between Darnold and Lawrence is the strength of the QB class outside of him. Darnold's draft class was considered one of the best as a whole in quite a number of years. You had Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, and Mayfield. For Lawrence, you have himself, Fields, Ehlinger, and...?

My point is I think Burrow has to deal with a better QB class around him than Lawrence will have to, but you can't definitively make that call about the 2021 draft class until next year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the point is that Burrow wasn't the clear-cut #1 QB for the 2020 draft until Tua got hurt whereas Lawrence has been expected to be the clear-cut #1 QB for 2021.

Burrow's rise reminds me of Baker Mayfield's rise a couple years ago. Talked about as an early 2nd rounder early in the 2017 college season but as the season went along and we started to see some of these other prospects falter some, it became more apparent that Baker would go earlier and earlier.

Lawrence reminds me of Sam Darnold. Outstanding his first year and everyone expected him to grow into this clear-cut elite QB who was a shoe-in for 1st overall pick once he was eligible to enter the draft. Declined at times his second year and started to put some doubts. Difference between Darnold and Lawrence is the strength of the QB class outside of him. Darnold's draft class was considered one of the best as a whole in quite a number of years. You had Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, and Mayfield. For Lawrence, you have himself, Fields, Ehlinger, and...?

My point is I think Burrow has to deal with a better QB class around him than Lawrence will have to, but you can't definitively make that call about the 2021 draft class until next year.

I mean, I got that point. It's just a bad argument haha. I specifically said Burrow, "As a prospect," was the best QB in the class by a mile. And he is.

If Tua weren't an injury risk, he'd be in the conversation.

But he is an injury risk, so he's not in the conversation.

Injury risk is a major part of evaluating a prospect. You can't just ignore a portion of a prospect's scouting report just because you don't like it.

As far as Lawrence, I think you're right. I call him a better prospect than Burrow because he has no physical limitations and isn't a one year wonder. Those are Burrow's two main weaknesses (his "weak arm" and his one year wonder status). I don't personally think Burrow has a weak arm, but that's a concern that has been raised.

Lawrence doesn't really have any weaknesses on that same scale. We'll see if he puts it all together in 2020 and is the obvious #1 pick in 2021. It'll be interesting to see if there's a Burrow type surprise again next year :).
Reply/Quote
If anyone comes in here and repeats Collin Cowherd's embarrassing Tony Romo comparison for Burrow you should be instantly banned from this site..SMH
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: If anyone comes in here and repeats Collin Cowherd's embarrassing Tony Romo comparison for Burrow you should be instantly banned from this site..SMH

TDN uses the same one...Honestly I think it's very difficult to comp Burrow.

The one I want to use is Aaron Rodgers. Both Burrow and Rodgers are great from the pocket with excellent accuracy, touch, pocket awareness, and they can create off schedule but Burrow doesnt have Arods arm.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:20 PM)Synric Wrote: TDN uses the same one...Honestly I think it's very difficult to comp Burrow.

The one I want to use is Aaron Rodgers. Both Burrow and Rodgers are great from the pocket with excellent accuracy, touch, pocket awareness, and they can create off schedule but Burrow doesnt have Arods arm.

It's definitely a tough comparison.

I see a lot of similarities actually with Baker Mayfield.
Mayfield was highly accurate coming out of college and had a good enough arm and mobility to extend plays.
Like Baker, Burrow has gotten better each year in college, culminating in his senior year.
Burrow is about 3-4 inches taller than Mayfield though and a more quiet leader.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This is an incorrect statement by a mile. At least half have tua as qb1 if u take out injuries.

And as a scout yourself, you understand you never take injuries into consideration. Ninja
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/dDj2LvKoVwM

Joel Klatt taking Cowherd to school...lol

Reply/Quote