Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow wins Comeback Player of the Year
Keegan just took a shot at Patrick Mahomes and the building went quiet lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: You kinda late to the party then. Might as well turn it off unless you think Zac has a shot at Coach of Year Award.

That's why I'm watching...  Burrow MVP?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:08 AM)Synric Wrote: Keegan just took a shot at Patrick Mahomes and the building went quiet lol.

That narrative pisses me off. Give our defense the credit they deserve.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:08 AM)Synric Wrote: Keegan just took a shot at Patrick Mahomes and the building went quiet lol.

Kelce was pissed lol...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That narrative pisses me off. Give our defense the credit they deserve.

Man I don't know....I've watched a lot of QB analyst reviews of the game and it's very clear Mahomes was responsible.  Our defense definitely rattled him but he made a LOT of questionable decisions in the second half.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: You kinda late to the party then. Might as well turn it off unless you think Zac has a shot at Coach of Year Award.

after seeing the CPOY voting I think ZT has a chance.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Those knee injuries don’t get much uglier than what Burrow went through.

Look where we are.

He deserved it for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:44 PM)Tony Wrote: He should get MVP

Come on, man. I love Burrow and all, and believe he should be in the overall discussion, but what Rodgers did this season was more deserving than Joe.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:53 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They seriously don’t care. They’re thinking about a Super Bowl ring.

You could tell. I liked what Micah Parsons had to say and he was very deserving and could be ROTY overall even with HOW 
good Chase was. Loved Whit's speech, love that man and his family. Zac deserved Coach of the Year over Vrabel but hey, its
all good. We just gotta win the whole thing. Brady should of won MVP over Rodgers, this is the disgrace IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:29 AM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Come on, man. I love Burrow and all, and believe he should be in the overall discussion, but what Rodgers did this season was more deserving than Joe.

And what Brady did was more deserving than Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And what Brady did was more deserving than Rodgers.

What Cooper Kupp did was more deserving than both Brady and Rodgers….but this is pretty much only a QB award at this point.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:38 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What Cooper Kupp did was more deserving than both Brady and Rodgers….but this is pretty much only a QB award at this point.

Agree with that for sure Johnny. Kupp might of had the best year ever by a Receiver arguably and he blocked great on the Line.

WTF? Who would of thought a dude like Cooper Kupp could block like that? Just shows how great technique can win against brute
strength and weight. Smart as heck as well Kupp, he has grown so much as a player this year, I think he is my biggest concern going
into Sunday even over Donald. We will see how Mike Hilton handles him, love Mike, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:42 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with that for sure Johnny. Kupp might of had the best year ever by a Receiver arguably and he blocked great on the Line.

WTF? Who would of thought a dude like Cooper Kupp could block like that? Just shows how great technique can win against brute
strength and weight. Smart as heck as well Kupp, he has grown so much as a player this year, I think he is my biggest concern going
into Sunday even over Donald. We will see how Mike Hilton handles him, love Mike, we will see.

Kupp did things at the position that haven’t been done before. You can’t say the same about Rodgers or Brady. I’m fact, there were 3-4 QBs who played arguably just as well as them this year.

On the other hand…did you see the Green Bay game when Rodgers had to sit out with covid? Putrid. Maybe he is more valuable.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:46 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Kupp did things at the position that haven’t been done before. You can’t say the same about Rodgers or Brady. I’m fact, there were 3-4 QBs who played arguably just as well as them this year.

On the other hand…did you see the Green Bay game when Rodgers had to sit out with covid? Putrid. Maybe he is more valuable.

Agree, just thought if they were going to hand out the MVP to a QB like usual Brady had like 10 more TD's than Rodgers.

Kupp deserved MVP and I thought Jonathan Taylor deserved Offensive MVP.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And what Brady did was more deserving than Rodgers.

Idk man, Rodgers TD:INT ratio was insane.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:42 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with that for sure Johnny. Kupp might of had the best year ever by a Receiver arguably and he blocked great on the Line.

As someone who went to the same school as Kupp and watched him a lot. Nothing he's doing now surprises me. The guy holds receiving records in multiple Pac 12 stadiums.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk man, Rodgers TD:INT ratio was insane.

It was, but Brady played better in the Playoffs and made an amazing comeback against the Rams. Thought he deserved it more.

Rodgers played just alright in the last game against the 49ers and that is being nice. 

I agree with others that the Playoffs should be considered with most all of these awards. 

I know it sounds biased cause now we have been in the Playoffs this year but it clearly isn't.

We never have went far in the Playoffs until this year so I have always felt this way. 

When the games matter the most should be when things are judged the most fairly.

Zac Taylor should of won Coach of the year. TB should of won MVP just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:11 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: As someone who went to the same school as Kupp and watched him a lot. Nothing he's doing now surprises me. The guy holds receiving records in multiple Pac 12 stadiums.

That is awesome Bengal Dude. Always thought he would be a great Slot Receiver but he is an all around great Receiver that can 
play multiple positions including TE. Blown my mind this season, just a fantastic player at everything he does. Cooper Kupp is great.

Hope Hilton can give him some problems.
Reply/Quote
There's a ton of 'who caresity' in the NFL when it comes to recognition. It usually comes down to popularity, sometimes nepotism, a shit ton of whether they had been on the superbowl winning team or not, market sizes and on and on.. Every now and then they get it right, but not often.. 
Kenny Anderson won league MVP in back to back seasons as well as passing titles, but never in the HOF. The probowl is only representative of ...well...nothing in the grand scheme if things since the best players usually don't play in it since it's played before the superbowl and nobody even remotely tries..
Bengals and fans should be glad Chase and JoeyB won their awards, but there's so much nonsense along the way in so many awards, blah, blah, blah.. I'm surprised they don't have a great big Most Likely To award like a high school yearbook..Most likely to get busted banging the team owner's wife? Who knows? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:57 PM)Tony Wrote: I've had this show on for 35 minutes now and not 1 award presented.. All political BS..

Agreed…they would have some great skits such as the Manning brothers and than drop a turd by going to some political woke crap later. I won’t waste my time again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote