Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals FAs for 2022
This link has all the Bengals Free Agents for 2022.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/cincinnati-bengals/

My top 5 priorities to re-sign for next year (and maybe beyond) are as follows:

In order of importance:

Eli Apple. He only cost 1.2 million last year. He should get at least double that. I hate his twitter rants, but his talent saved this team and he seems to have found his place.

BJ Hill. I want him over Ogunjobi. I think he is more consistent and affordable.

CJ Uzomah. Ascending talent and high-character guy.

Josh Tupou. He and Hill are young and have talent and should cost less than Ogunjobi combined.

Stanley Morgan. Special teams demon, best blocking WR on the team.

Honorable mentions: Flowers, Allen (seems to have a relationship with Joe), and Quinten Spain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I give you Rep Points. I'm not sure why this is not in regular part of Jungle Noise if it is about current Bengals Players on the team. This thread however does confuse me, are you talking Bengals Players to resign now in 2022 or to avoid being 2023 Free Agency. Either way, this is not the same as people saying they want Gronk or other non Bengals. This is about Bengals Active Players, so not really a Free Agency thread topic. A good list of Bengals we need to resign would be better than most gibber gabber threads in Jungle Noise.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This link has all the Bengals Free Agents for 2022.  

In order of importance:

Eli Apple.  He only cost 1.2 million last year.  He should get at least double that.  I hate his twitter rants, but his talent saved this team and he seems to have found his place.

BJ Hill.  I want him over Ogunjobi.  I think he is more consistent and affordable.

CJ Uzomah.  Ascending talent and high-character guy.

Josh Tupou.  He and Hill are young and have talent and should cost less than Ogunjobi combined.  

Stanley Morgan.  Special teams demon, best blocking WR on the team.

Honorable mentions:  Flowers, Allen (seems to have a relationship with Joe), and Quinten Spain.

Nice topic. I agree on all the guys and won't nitpick on the order. I would add Clark Harris to the honorable mention list. 

Regarding Apple, I think he's going to find that his twitter BS is going to bite him in the open market. I've changed on this, but if they can get him in that $3M range, it's a no brainer. I don't think that'd prohibit the team from going after a stud CB in free agency. He'd be great insurance to have.

For Uzomah, I'd be happy to be wrong on this because he's a personal favorite of mine and I love what he brings to the locker room, but I don't see the team paying him $7.5M plus a year that people are mentioning. I think they can get a solid TE with similar production in free agency for $4-5M per. Plus, the draft is loaded with TEs in the middle rounds that I think one is taken. 

For Spain, it comes down to $ for me. Keep it under $3M and I think he'd be the most likely to compete with Carman and Smith for one of the guard spots with a free agent getting the other one.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 11:12 AM)kevin Wrote: I give you Rep Points.  I'm not sure why this is not in regular part of Jungle Noise if it is about current Bengals Players on the team.  This thread however does confuse me, are you talking Bengals Players to resign now in 2022 or to avoid being 2023 Free Agency.  Either way, this is not the same as people saying they want Gronk or other non Bengals.  This is about Bengals Active Players, so not really a Free Agency thread topic. A good list of Bengals we need to resign would be better than most gibber gabber threads in Jungle Noise.

OP is talking about guys to re-sign for 2022, as all are about to hit FA next week.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This link has all the Bengals Free Agents for 2022.  

In order of importance:

Eli Apple.  He only cost 1.2 million last year.  He should get at least double that.  I hate his twitter rants, but his talent saved this team and he seems to have found his place.

BJ Hill.  I want him over Ogunjobi.  I think he is more consistent and affordable.

Josh Tupou.  He and Hill are young and have talent and should cost less than Ogunjobi combined.  

Honorable mentions:  Flowers, Allen (seems to have a relationship with Joe), and Quinten Spain.

BJ Hill is my top priority this offseason now that Bates was tagged.
I've argued he is better than Ogunjobi, and a damn good starting DT.

Apple and Spain would be next on my list, but I'd happily welcome someone added who is better than them or add a 1st or 2nd rounder to compete against them for starting reps. I can see Spain getting re-signed over Apple just because of how difficult it is to find competent OL, especially for cheap.

Uzomah would be after that. I like him, but I disagree about him "ascending" at 29 years old.
I think he has the potential to put up more receiving production in an offense that would utilize him more in that manner, but he's the 4th option in Cincy. I'm ok bringing him back if he's willing to come back for $6 mill or less, but I'd be ok with letting him walk for more than that and either find a cheaper option or draft a replacement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

In order of importance:

Agree with all. Want Trey Flowers back pretty bad though. I love how he played ST's and covered TE's.

I know he got beat some but that was against the best and with perfect throws from the QB's. 

He made it hard, that is what you want when covering the best.

BJ Hill is the guy I want back more than any of our FA's, I think he still has a very high ceiling.
Reply/Quote

In order of importance:

My order:

BJ Hill

Stanley Morgan

/

Reply/Quote
My list:

1. Jessie Bates (FS): Franchise tagged
2. BJ Hill (DT):
3. CJ Uzomah (TE):

Only if the price is right:
4. Quinton Spain (OG): Our best OG.
4. Eli Apple (CB): I think it will be
5. Larry Ogunjobi (DT): I doubt it will be
6. Riley Reiff (OT): Hoping retirement talk drives price down. Paid like 3rd OT.

Quality role players we should be able to re-sign for cheap.
1. Clark Harris (LS).
2. Tre Flowers (CB).
3. Josh Tupou (DT).

No one else will really be missed. Huber was fading badly down the stretch. Stanley Morgan a good special teamer.
Reply/Quote
TE market is getting tighter with Ertz resigned. Going to be hard to justify keeping Uzomah without some sort of hometown discount.
Reply/Quote