Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quite possibly the best anti-Steeler video ever made
(09-05-2017, 01:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For every 2 haters in Pissburgh, their are 8 die hards. We could only wish for a fraction of that support from our fan-base. 

Championships tend to bring support. That fanbase hasn't seen hard times since the 60's. Hard to say whether they're die hard when they haven't been through any times that would cause their fandom to die.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 11:58 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Mods, I apologize in advance if I'm putting this video in the wrong section of the forums but I feel this should be seen by every Bengal fan alive. This sure brought a smile to my face this morning, so much truth spoken in one video. And by a Pittsburgh native no less! Good to see one that sees through the BS. In my jubilation, I can't help but share this. Again, I apologize if this is in the wrong place. But I'm in a rush and id like to share this before I head out. Happy Labor Day, everyone!

https://youtu.be/Qmp4uKwveX4

WARNING: STRONG PROFANITY used throughout.

I may have enjoyed that video a bit too much...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 01:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Championships tend to bring support. That fanbase hasn't seen hard times since the 60's. Hard to say whether they're die hard when they haven't been through any times that would cause their fandom to die.

In general, they're fair-weather. It's been seen many times on here and in the less-than-full stadium during the 2 years they missed the playoffs. 

Dudes here talking about how they're 'just not invested in the NFL anymore because of Goodell' blah blah. Seen it from just about all of the regulars in Smack over the years. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 01:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Championships tend to bring support. That fanbase hasn't seen hard times since the 60's. Hard to say whether they're die hard when they haven't been through any times that would cause their fandom to die.

I agree. Too bad MB doesn't realize exactly what you wrote. Their is more money in winning than in not winning.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 02:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. Too bad MB doesn't realize exactly what you wrote. Their is more money in winning than in not winning.

Biggie said it best:

[Image: Mo-Money-Mo-problems-Money-Memes.jpg?fit=534%2C456]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Biggie is dead!

That is all!

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm seriously resisting the urge to slide this over to Smack!  I for one think that it is selfish of us to hog this all to ourselves.  We should share this, and get some feedback from our Steeler fan brethren of this board.  Cool

They'd argue that none of it was true, cause steelers only play hard nose football and little ben never came out when he wasn't supposed to cause...no charges and all....    Whatever

Our smack members prove the fan portion of that video to be 100% truth.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

I know we aren't supposed to wish hard on others, but if ever there was a fanbase that deserved to suffer what Bengals fans did in the 90's it is those turds that swing the yellow towels around. Halfway through, I'd say at least 50% of them would be Patriot fans (or whoever happens to be winning Super Bowls at the time).

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 04:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They'd argue that none of it was true, cause steelers only play hard nose football and little ben never came out when he wasn't supposed to cause...no charges and all....    Whatever

Our smack members prove the fan portion of that video to be 100% truth.

Well, the narrator says quite a bit about "Steeler" football, and the "Steeler" way.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the narrator says quite a bit about "Steeler" football, and the "Steeler" way.

Yes, yes he does and it is the most accurate description of those terms ever.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In general, they're fair-weather. It's been seen many times on here and in the less-than-full stadium during the 2 years they missed the playoffs.

I noticed that too, and I'm glad the guy in the video pointed that out. Their reputation really isn't earned. They're about as hardcore as all these new Warriors fans over the last couple years.

(09-05-2017, 02:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. Too bad MB doesn't realize exactly what you wrote. Their is more money in winning than in not winning.

Exactly brother. When you win championships, you build a national brand. Winning = more money. I honestly think Mike wants to win, but he's far more obsessed with getting a good deal than winning. 

(09-05-2017, 04:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I know we aren't supposed to wish hard on others, but if ever there was a fanbase that deserved to suffer what Bengals fans did in the 90's it is those turds that swing the yellow towels around. Halfway through, I'd say at least 50% of them would be Patriot fans (or whoever happens to be winning Super Bowls at the time).

Exactly what I was thinking. A decade like the 90's would shrink that national fan base by at least 50%. They're on for the ride because they know it's a good organization that's likely to always compete. They're not loyal to that city or the colors or history. They're loyal to a good team and the good feelings and bragging rights that come with consistent success. Take that away and they'd scatter like roaches.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 04:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I know we aren't supposed to wish hard on others, but if ever there was a fanbase that deserved to suffer what Bengals fans did in the 90's it is those turds that swing the yellow towels around. Halfway through, I'd say at least 50% of them would be Patriot fans (or whoever happens to be winning Super Bowls at the time).

Yep.  Absolutely.  If the Steelers missed the playoffs two years in a row, Steeler Nation would quickly become Steeler County.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Here's the Steelers version of Why Your Team Sucks.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-pittsburgh-steelers-1799179375
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 07:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I noticed that too, and I'm glad the guy in the video pointed that out. Their reputation really isn't earned. They're about as hardcore as all these new Warriors fans over the last couple years.

Exactly brother. When you win championships, you build a national brand. Winning = more money. I honestly think Mike wants to win, but he's far more obsessed with getting a good deal than winning. 

Exactly what I was thinking. A decade like the 90's would shrink that national fan base by at least 50%. They're on for the ride because they know it's a good organization that's likely to always compete. They're not loyal to that city or the colors or history. They're loyal to a good team and the good feelings and bragging rights that come with consistent success. Take that away and they'd scatter like roaches.

One can of raid after 2 or 3 losing seasons and this world would be a better place.

(09-06-2017, 03:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Here's the Steelers version of Why Your Team Sucks.

The best comment is the very first one: 

"Ben Roethlisberger is basically the QB version of what it would be like if Donald Trump were actually good at being president in spite of being a trash human."

I'm not sure I've ever seen it more accurately described. That is just completely perfect.

And since your link didn't show up, thought I'd share it again.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-pittsburgh-steelers-1799179375

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 11:58 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Mods, I apologize in advance if I'm putting this video in the wrong section of the forums but I feel this should be seen by every Bengal fan alive. This sure brought a smile to my face this morning, so much truth spoken in one video. And by a Pittsburgh native no less! Good to see one that sees through the BS. In my jubilation, I can't help but share this. Again, I apologize if this is in the wrong place. But I'm in a rush and id like to share this before I head out. Happy Labor Day, everyone!

https://youtu.be/Qmp4uKwveX4

WARNING: STRONG PROFANITY used throughout.

Hilarious

Thanks so much for this Pat, made my year. Dude definately looks at the team without rose colored glasses LMAO!

Crazy how true all this is and coming from a Pittsburgh native makes me look at atleast a couple of their fans a little different.

Loved how he tore into their fan base haha

Also cannot wait for when they become the Browns of the next generation, it just may be close. Lots of great points about the Pig
going down soon, Bell being a ******* and AB being a cancer. Could definately happen. Major reps Pat, awesome!

Rock On
Reply/Quote
**** the Steelers
Reply/Quote
J
(09-06-2017, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

Thanks so much for this Pat, made my year. Dude definately looks at the team without rose colored glasses LMAO!

Crazy how true all this is and coming from a Pittsburgh native makes me look at atleast a couple of their fans a little different.

Loved how he tore into their fan base haha

Also cannot wait for when they become the Browns of the next generation, it just may be close. Lots of great points about the Pig
going down soon, Bell being a ******* and AB being a cancer. Could definately happen. Major reps Pat, awesome!

Rock On

Thanks man! 

Nothing would make me happier than for the Steelers to rot in football purgatory for the next few decades while the Bengals and Browns (and occasionally, the Ravens) battle it out for the AFC North crown every year  Cool 

Hey, it could happen and it may not be far off. Since Art passed, the next Rooney in line could be their version of Mike Brown  Mellow  We'll know more in just a few years here.
Reply/Quote
Why the f is this in Jungle Noise? Another damn Steelers thread? Ridiculous

Funny vid though

Reply/Quote