Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bengals keep 2 or 3 QB's
I'm in favor of keeping all 3 QBs. I really liked what I've seen out of Driskel, as well.
Reply/Quote
McCarron had a rough outing....Driskel looked good again.  They screwed up not trading Mc when they could have.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would keep all 3 because I like Driskel. Once AJ leaves, hopefully Driskel has grown enough.
Reply/Quote
I said from the get go on final roster predictions we are keeping 3

How and why do you keep Driskell on the roster all of last year but cut him this year, makes no sense

If we kept three last year we are going to do the same this year, our only hope is someones starter goes down and needs a NFL ready QB
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: McCarron had a rough outing....Driskel looked good again.  They screwed up not trading Mc when they could have.

Yep AJ did not look good last night. The pick should have been a holding call, but he just seemed off target all night. His arm strength looked great, his accuracy did not. He under threw Core on the throw to the end zone. It should have been an easy TD.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep AJ did not look good last night. The pick should have been a holding call, but he just seemed off target all night. His arm strength looked great, his accuracy did not. He under threw Core on the throw to the end zone. It should have been an easy TD.

You have to wonder what's up with McCarron. Are they hiding an injury? Is he just done being stuck as a backup?

The beat guys have said that this has been AJ's worst camp. He looks disinterested out there according to them. I'm sure he's praying that the arbitrator rules in his favor.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 03:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You have to wonder what's up with McCarron. Are they hiding an injury? Is he just done being stuck as a backup?

The beat guys have said that this has been AJ's worst camp. He looks disinterested out there according to them. I'm sure he's praying that the arbitrator rules in his favor.

I've kind of wondered the samething. I see people all the time saying AJ should be our starter. Apparently they haven't seen him play this year. His balls almost float to receivers with very little velocity. Not sure if I was a GM if I would give up anything higher than 3rd rd pick for him. Driskel is fun watch, don't know how he fare against starting Ds but still he's entertainment.
Reply/Quote
McCarron has not looked very good so far this preseason. His value has (somewhat) fallen since the offseason. Not really a point to trade him now honestly.
What I'm worried about is what position should/can the team go light on in order to keep a third QB?
As difficult as it may be, a team with an established starting QB shouldn't carry a third QB. That last roster spot is better off going to someone who can play ST at least.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 03:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You have to wonder what's up with McCarron. Are they hiding an injury? Is he just done being stuck as a backup?

That isn't the way to make yourself valuable with teams - the last thing they want is a QB who does not stay motivated. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: McCarron had a rough outing....Driskel looked good again.  They screwed up not trading Mc when they could have.

That was a bad interception by McCarron. Way over the Receiver's head into triple coverage.

Keep all 3 sounds like the best move for the future. Hope McCarron goes crazy in the last game and ups his stock again.

Probably won't matter though as you are correct Wyche and we missed our window in trading the dude.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was a bad interception by McCarron. Way over the Receiver's head into triple coverage.

Keep all 3 sounds like the best move for the future. Hope McCarron goes crazy in the last game and ups his stock again.

Probably won't matter though as you are correct Wyche and we missed our window in trading the dude.

Can't say for sure if we actually could get a big return ( a high rd2) for McCarron.  Likely even if there WAS a nice offer..it's not on the table now.  As for having 3 QB's?   Well......Do ya feel lucky?  Often the Starter has over 95% of the minutes. HOWEVER.. if our starter is injured and out?    Well...then we scramble to get a backup for the backup.  In this NFL, QB is real major.

I DO agree that in this preseason, Driscoll >> McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 12:28 AM)redwood Wrote: Can't say for sure if we actually could get a big return ( a high rd2) for McCarron.  Likely even if there WAS a nice offer..it's not on the table now.  As for having 3 QB's?   Well......Do ya feel lucky?  Often the Starter has over 95% of the minutes. HOWEVER.. if our starter is injured and out?    Well...then we scramble to get a backup for the backup.  In this NFL, QB is real major.

I DO agree that in this preseason, Driscoll >> McCarron.

True, we just missed our window it seems. Sure heard about a lot of offers for those stories to all be false.

Driskell has definately looked better than AJM.

Sure would of been nice to have traded AJM for even a 4th rounder and rolled with 2 this year.
Reply/Quote
the number Dale Earnhardt was......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote