Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe MIxon foot injury
(11-01-2020, 11:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hill and Mixon both won the starting job over Gio with two different coaching staffs.

Thats not what I'm saying, I just don't think the whole, he can't handle the punshiment of being #1 has any validity. I didn't say he was better. I still think he's terribly underutilized when Mixon is in there. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You just like Gio more, that's the only explanation for your comments.

No I don't actually. I've been wanting the Bengals to trade Gio for 3 years.

Why keep a player making much as Gio on the bench... but after watching him carry the load in Mixon absence the last two games. 

I'm starting to wonder why we payed Mixon so much money. Gio blocks better and keeps the defense honest.  Sure Mixon is a better player but he's super predictable and with Burrow being a franchise QB maybe we shouls focus more on the passing game.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:04 AM)QueenCity Wrote: No I don't actually. I've been wanting the Bengals to trade Gio for 3 years.

Why keep a player making much as Gio on the bench... but after watching him carry the load in Mixon absence the last two games. 

I'm starting to wonder why we payed Mixon so much money. Gio blocks better and keeps the defense honest.  Sure Mixon is a better player but he's super predictable and with Burrow being a franchise QB maybe we shouls focus more on the passing game.

Mixon would have had 150 yds today.....
Reply/Quote
Gio does complement Burrow and this offensive line and this quick passing game really well.

Mixon's plays take longer to develop. That's not to say they have less value, but we are more successful with the quicker developing plays it seems. The goal--I think--should be to be get better at the slow developing plays as well--this will lead to bigger plays downfield.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon would have had 150 yds today.....

No because the Bengals wouldn't of used him like Gio.

Which is my main point this entire thread.  They wouldn't of ran half the plays they did for Gio
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:09 AM)QueenCity Wrote: No because the Bengals wouldn't of used him like Gio.

Which is my main point this entire thread.  They wouldn't of ran half the plays they did for Gio

Give it up....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Give it up....

Nah because I've been attending home games (season tickets) since 2005. I've watched every snap for 15 years.

Mixon is talented but for this passing offense Gio just fits better. This is coming from a guy who has wanted Gio cut or traded the last 3 years to open up cap space.

Maybe you should go rewatch some tape.  Mixon is not used right by the bengals if he was.. this thread would not be alive.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:14 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Nah because I've been attending home games (season tickets) since 2005. I've watched every snap for 15 years.

Mixon is talented but for this passing offense Gio just fits better. This is coming from a guy who has wanted Gio cut or traded the last 3 years to open up cap space.

Maybe you should go rewatch some tape.  Mixon is not used right by the bengals if he was.. this thread would not be alive.

So what you're saying is you're a rookie.....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So what you're saying is you're a rookie.....

Are you 70 and stuck in the 50's?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:16 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Are you 70 and stuck in the 50's?

61 and been here since the beginning.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 61 and been here since the beginning.

Respect... but agree to disagree as you know the game has changed TEN FOLD since you were young.

We both want the same outcome and whether you are right or I'm right makes no difference to me.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:25 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Respect... but agree to disagree as you know the game has changed TEN FOLD since you were young.

We both want the same outcome and whether you are right or I'm right makes no difference to me.

Yes, I've watched it change. And I have nothing but love for Gio. But we need Mixon. Like I said, having both is a blessing.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I've watched it change. And I have nothing but love for Gio. But we need Mixon. Like I said, having both is a blessing.

If used correctly thats all I'm saying. Me or you have no influence over that.

I want Mixon used more like Gio or a better split between the two.  Too often Gio is under untilitazed as a player.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:14 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Nah because I've been attending home games (season tickets) since 2005. I've watched every snap for 15 years.

What thee heck are you talking about?

In Mixon's last 3 games played, he has 14 catches on 17 targets for 80 yards and a td. 
In Gio's last 3 games, he has 11 catches on 12 targets for 88 yards and 2 tds. 

Nervous

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote