Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon
(08-20-2018, 05:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not talking about just this preseason. You give me shit for small sample sizes while ignoring the fact I am referring to his whole career thus far, and then try to cherry pick 4 games out of 20. That's not hypocritical at all.

Taking the last 4 games of a rookie season is not exactly "cherry picking".  Instead it is seen as the result of adjusting to the NFL.

That is not "regurgitating hype"  That is analysing production.

But way to get so worked up over 7 preseason carries this year.  I am sure that in your mind those carries are much more inportant than the last 4 regular season games.

(08-20-2018, 05:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I also explicitly said he doesn't have a problem receiving and that I think his future is as a receiver. You know, the exact opposite of refusing to acknowledge any receiving he's done... 

Now I am confused.  You never mentioned this bizarre theory of moving him to receiver until everyone pointed out the great catch he made in the first preseason game.  Gee I wonder why that was? Rolleyes

Receiving production is a big part of being a top RB, but we aren't supposed to consider that when talking about Mixons prospects at RB?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 05:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Almost like you don't even read other people's posts before you turn into a little snarky "drama queen".

I am not talking about just this preseason. You give me shit for small sample sizes while ignoring the fact I am referring to his whole career thus far, and then try to cherry pick 4 games out of 20. That's not hypocritical at all.

I also explicitly said he doesn't have a problem receiving and that I think his future is as a receiver. You know, the exact opposite of refusing to acknowledge any receiving he's done...

...but I am sure you didn't intentionally ignore the contents of my post in order to whine about the exact things I addressed, because you wouldn't be that kind of person, right?

You know what kind I am talking about?

You do realize that his entire career is a "small sample size", right? The dude has a year under his belt and was splitting carries with two other players last year. He has 178 total carries in his career. I mean cmon... 

You can call Fred a drama queen all you want (which he is :) ) but is there anything more dramatic than starting a thread and calling out/questioning a player who is HIGHLY regarded after 178 total career carries? WEAK. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Break 2017 down by quarters (4 games) and look at Mixon's numbers

Games 1-4....... 2.6 avg
Games 5-8....... 3.2 avg
Games 9-12..... 4.0 avg
Games 13-16... 5.1 avg
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At what point are we allowed to start worrying about this guy instead of just regurgitating hype quotes/articles?

2017 Preseason: 3.9 YPC
2017 Season: 3.5 YPC
2018 Preseason 2.4 YPC

- - - - -
Before it all gets blamed on the (admittedly crap) OL...

Gio Bernard
2017 Preseason: 6.2 YPC
2017 Season: 4.4 YPC
2018 Preseason: 5.0 YPC

To be fair, Gio didn't get double digit carries until game 12. Until then he was hardly used (knee recovery). It was around that time that Mixon started showing good numbers too in those last 5 games down the stretch. Gio was the better back by numbers though overall, when including receptions during that final stretch.

I am blurry on exactly when o-line changes were made, but if I had to guess it was around that time, which if so would correlate to both of them doing better, not to mention Hill was done before then.

Based on that, I am not worried about the young slugger, especially when you throw in the fact they fired Zampese 2 games in as that offense was a poopnado and took weeks to recover.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was down on Mixon last year, well because he was running like crap. He did get more decisive as the season went on. In the preseason I'm seeing that indecisiveness rearing its ugly head, Hopefully the light switches on earlier in the season this year. 1. Because he's a Bengal and 2. Because I drafted him in my keeper league over some more proven RB.

BTW, how many years does it take before we can consider a RB better than more established RBs?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote