Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon #6 RB in Madden
With his injury history over the last several years, McCaffrey is probably overrated, but otherwise Joe is about where he should be

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: With his injury history over the last several years, McCaffrey is probably overrated, but otherwise Joe is about where he should be

I don't think fragility plays much of a factor in madden ratings, IIRC.

In just 7 games last year, McCaffrey put up 785 total yards.
He averaged 112 YPG.
Project that out to a full season = 1906 total yards.

Mixon averaged 95 YPG.

So I'd say if not factoring in fragility, McCaffrey still deserves to be up there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think fragility plays much of a factor in madden ratings, IIRC.

In just 7 games last year, McCaffrey put up 785 total yards.
He averaged 112 YPG.
Project that out to a full season = 1906 total yards.

Mixon averaged 95 YPG.

So I'd say if not factoring in fragility, McCaffrey still deserves to be up there.

Fragility doesn’t change overall ratings in madden

Idek why I’m still talking about this
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Fragility doesn’t change overall ratings in madden

Idek why I’m still talking about this

Right cause you can turn off Injury simulation i believe.  (or you could last time i bought Madden)

With the Bengals Roster this might be a good year to buy madden. if you're into it.
Reply/Quote
I've said it a dozen X but here I go again. I can't wait to see Mixon behind what should be a much improved Oline. I'm not saying he's going to morph into Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. Just that the Oline excuse (hopefully) will be gone.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've said it a dozen X but here I go again. I can't wait to see Mixon behind what should be a much improved Oline. I'm not saying he's going to morph into Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. Just that the Oline excuse (hopefully) will be gone.

I'm excited to see him behind our new Oline as well but can he avoid the turf monster once he gets into the open field. I'm tired of seeing him fall down untouched. It's almost like he's wearing too big of shoe and that makes him drag his toe when he starts his burst in the open field. It may have only been a few times over the years but those times sure stick in my memory, especially when there's an open field in front of him.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:28 AM)Mer Wrote: I'm excited to see him behind our new Oline as well but can he avoid the turf monster once he gets into the open field. I'm tired of seeing him fall down untouched. It's almost like he's wearing too big of shoe and that makes him drag his toe when he starts his burst in the open field. It may have only been a few times over the years but those times sure stick in my memory, especially when there's an open field in front of him.

Yes I want to see just what Mixon can do with no excuses.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right cause you can turn off Injury simulation i believe.  (or you could last time i bought Madden)

With the Bengals Roster this might be a good year to buy madden. if you're into it.

I'm considering buying it this year, for the first time since '16. And that was the first time since the 90s.
Reply/Quote
I cant count the number of times Mixon was hit in the backfield before he had any chance to run with the ball. I bet Mixon ends up having a career year with this improved line.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes I want to see just what Mixon can do with no excuses.

Didn't Joe just finish 3rd in the league in rushing yards and TDs?

Seems kind of harsh to demand "excuses" for a season like that.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 04:41 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote:   I bet Mixon ends up having a career year with this improved line.

All everyone talked about was the sacks allowed.  But the three new guys we signed to the O-line are better run blockers than pass blockers.

Mixon could really go off this year.  A combination of better blocking and playing with a lead more often could lead to him getting a ton of yards.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've said it a dozen X but here I go again. I can't wait to see Mixon behind what should be a much improved Oline. I'm not saying he's going to morph into Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. Just that the Oline excuse (hopefully) will be gone.

Same way I feel. It is like we might finally see the RB we were all wanting to see since he was drafted.

There is only 1 Barry Sanders, but Joe Mixon might have a record breaking year if this revamped OL stays healthy.

These guys we brought in are built to run block. All of Cappa, Karras and Collins are superbly technically sound in the run game.

Also Carman and Jonah are good run blockers.

Really like Volson too if called upon.

(07-21-2022, 10:28 AM)Mer Wrote: I'm excited to see him behind our new Oline as well but can he avoid the turf monster once he gets into the open field. I'm tired of seeing him fall down untouched. It's almost like he's wearing too big of shoe and that makes him drag his toe when he starts his burst in the open field. It may have only been a few times over the years but those times sure stick in my memory, especially when there's an open field in front of him.

True, that has nothing to do with the OL. Mixon needs to practice high stepping or something.

Quit dragging those feet.
Reply/Quote