Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon + AJ Green = Misuse of Cap Dollars
This entire off-season has been a lot of mistakes and misuses of picks and dollars.

I screamed before the draft, not to take Burrow because the line was going to get him killed, or if you take him, sit him and let him watch and learn while you let Finley or Dalton get murdered.

To draft a QB and not address the O-line in any meaningful way is just a total disaster, failed Indy and Luck and to be fair, if failed the Bengals once before with Klingler who had his record breaking career at Houston and all his talent wasted here with poor management.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Completely agree. Same thing with the gio contract. STUPID. Invest in o-line for crying out loud. Everyone knew it was going to be almost as bad as 2019s. And it is

I think there's room for development on the left side.  Jonah has 2 games under his belt and Jordan seems to gradually improve.  I'm good with Hopkins.  He's not the problem.

As for the right side, it's time to give up on retreads and dumpster dives and get serious.  I'm not sure there's a single salvageable player over there.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Completely agree. Same thing with the gio contract. STUPID. Invest in o-line for crying out loud. Everyone knew it was going to be almost as bad as 2019s. And it is

Hey now, I was told that Bobby Hart improved greatly during the home stretch of last year.  I was told that any criticism was non-objectifiable "spin" and that everybody's eyeball test results were make believe.  Jim Turner, the woman harassing, bully-gate enabling, mastermind of the legendary 5 win Miami Dolphins of yesteryear is the Werner von Braun of offensive line play.  He told me that all of these guys were awesome and that Hart is really good at preparing for his individual opponents.  
Reply/Quote
AJ's best days may be in the rearview mirror, but Mixon? He's not Barry Sanders, he can't make up for the terrible O-line all by himself. Zac's sporadic play calling is doing Joe zero favors.

For the longest time I've harped about how Gio has been mismanaged, but now we're mishandling our cowbell back. Teams are built from the lines out and we've done a great disservice to our QB and RB by thinking their line is adequate enough to compete at the pro level.
Reply/Quote
I know I was in the minority of not paying Mixon as much and investing in the o line. Of course they do the opposite and now we have these offensive debacles. Not mixons fault, but the money needed to go elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:11 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not really sure what to say here.  I've compained about keeping AJ since before the end of last season.  And I think we grossly overpaid Mixon.  Both these dudes like complete dog turds right now.

Maybe, just maybe, if your offensive line is terrible you should consider some upgrades in the offseason???

Nah, we'll just splurge on some in-house weapons to sell tickets.

How's that looking right now?

PS AJ Green is DONE.  This guy doesn't even look like a 5 mil receiver.  We're paying him more than every other receiver in the league not named Julio Jones.

I agree. Mixon, under 3 yards a carry. Aj is over the hill, easy to see based on WR years. Should have fixed the offensive line.

Chubb looks light years ahead of mixon,.chubb would also average poorly on our team.

IMO geno is also done but most of you guys won't say that until it's too late I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:21 AM)Roland Wrote: Green.  I'm worried.  He looks like he's hurt at the end of every play.  Still reserving judgement.  Both the Chargers and the Browns could count on getting pressure every down so they could focus on Green and not worry about anyone else hurting them too bad.

Well Green was never hit in camp, so he's still getting into "football shape" and getting his body used to the punishment. He will be fine. This team, however, is only going as far as the right side of the oline allows.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:11 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not really sure what to say here.  I've compained about keeping AJ since before the end of last season.  And I think we grossly overpaid Mixon.  Both these dudes like complete dog turds right now.

Maybe, just maybe, if your offensive line is terrible you should consider some upgrades in the offseason???

Nah, we'll just splurge on some in-house weapons to sell tickets.

How's that looking right now?

PS AJ Green is DONE.  This guy doesn't even look like a 5 mil receiver.  We're paying him more than every other receiver in the league not named Julio Jones.

I think the short week and the fact that he hasn't played for almost two years had something to do with it.  That, and he was getting mugged by the DB all night.  I guess that isn't a penalty now.  I also think paying Mixon was the right idea but you have to actually hand the ball off to him for him to do his job.  Chubb didn't start out gashing us but I keep saying how those early runs pay dividends later in the game.  Look no further than the two runs of 26 and 34 yards in the fourth quarter when the Bengals knew they were running the ball and couldn't stop it.

As far as the long-term signing of AJ Green, he surely isn't on pace for some 18 million a season contract.  I'm sure, if he can stay healthy, he will put up some big numbers but I hear what you are saying about his contract.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote