Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon May Hold Out
(04-20-2020, 05:03 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You answered when someone said" its still a passing game. " How else can that statement you responded to be interpreted.  I don't need to follow the discussion to know what the simple statement you responded to was. 

You can't even get the post I responded to correct.  Here is what it actually says

(04-17-2020, 05:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote:  it's a passing league, so the RB position is devalued more and more.

Now, if you had bothered to read my response you will see that I did not say anything about how much teams throw the ball.  Instead I addressed the value of the running game.  That is all I have discussed in this thread.  I have never said I cared at all about what the league was called or if teams threw more than they ran.

Go read all of the posts in this thread then you will understand what we were talking about.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't even get the post I responded to correct.  Here is what it actually says

Now, if you had bothered to read my response you will see that I did not say anything about how much teams throw the ball.  Instead I addressed the value of the running game.  That is all I have discussed in this thread.  I have never said I cared at all about what the league was called or if teams threw more than they ran.

Go read all of the posts in this thread then you will understand what we were talking about.

Quote:Hoofhearted Wrote:
Like I stated above, it's a passing league.

The league passed it last year way more than they threw it. Only two teams last year threw it less than they ran it. What your statement means is that a balanced attack with 55% throws and 45% runs is better than a non balanced attack with 70% throws and 30% runs. 

It is still a passing league and the teams that ran it more than other teams still threw it more than they ran it. The run game has definitely been devalued and is nowhere nearly an emphasis it was 30 or 40 years ago. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 01:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is actually incorrect, but it's understandably confusing. Under the new CBA the hold out penalties apply to people holding out on a signed 2nd contract ("Contracts signed as a veteran"). This is Mixon's first (Rookie) contract and therefor is not subject to the NFL's new rules regarding a holdout. 

So I read all that stuff for nothing? Damn.

That was a waste of time. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, you can call the league whatever you want, but the facts are that better running teams are a lot more successful than passing teams.

I don't care what you call the league.  I care about whining.

Whatever we know Fred, we know.

Also, :heart: 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
unfortunate for Mixon and all RBs really but their value is just not that high now. Sucks but it’s today’s NFL. You gotta be a multi skilled back like Zeke and CMC to really get big money and there’s so many good RBs it’s kinda not smart to sign one guy for 15 per when you can sign 3 separate guys for 2 mill per and have just as good an offense.

But if there are RBs that deserve good money Mixon is one so I hope he just wasn’t born in the wrong era but it’s looking like it
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:40 PM)Housh Wrote:  it’s kinda not smart to sign one guy for 15 per when you can sign 3 separate guys for 2 mill per and have just as good an offense.

Except that is not how it works at all.

there are no 3 RBs that could give Dallas the same production as Zeke, and if you put Zeke on any team that has a "RB by committee" (like the Forty-niners) and they would be better.

It may not be smart to pay any RB $15 million, but you can't just say that talent does not matter at the RB position.  Even if you have a great O-line a good RB is going to be more productive than a group of lesser talented guys.
Reply/Quote
Mccaffrey had 1000+ yards rushing and 1000+ yards receiving - he had the production of two pro bowlers which is why he is essentially being paid the price of two pro bowlers. Mixon has never had the level of production that Mccafrey had this previous season.
Reply/Quote