Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon May Hold Out
(04-15-2020, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, Carolina just gave McCaffrey twice that. He’s not your typical RB though.

In all fairness, neither is Joe. 

I'd pay to keep him before I'd pay to keep William Jackson III. I'd be perfectly fine with drafting a top shelf CB  next year. 

Of course, there is a limit. Has anyone heard a dollar amount that he's asking? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon is one of the best runningback in the league and I know we plan on giving him a long term deal, but for him to say he will pull a leveon bell makes me mad because We took him in the draft when no one else would and really put our organization under fire because we believed in him. Now hes gonna pull this card on us?
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon is a play maker. We definetly need him. He is the runningback we have always needed. He had a bad year last year because we were still trying to figure out how to run the offense. The last few games we were started to figure it out, Mixon is a must sign. At this point in time he is our most important player that we have to sign on the whole team. We CANNOT let him walk or draft someone to replace him. Ot would be absolutely STUPID to let him go.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
I'd rather pay him then waste another early pick on a RB. Also I think the "you can't pay a RB" is an overrated sentiment.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 05:01 PM)J24 Wrote: I'd rather pay him then waste another early pick on a RB.  Also I think the "you can't pay a RB" is an overrated sentiment.

Top 5 Paid RBs 2019 Team Records:
1. Ezekiel Elliott - Cowboys - 8-8
2. Todd Gurley - Rams - 9-7
3. Le'Veon Bell - Jets - 7-9
4. David Johnson - Cardinals - 5-10-1
5. Devonta Freeman - Falcons - 7-9
(0 Playoff Teams)

In fact, you have to go all the way down to 10th to find a RB who actually played in 2019 for a playoff team with Duke Johnson being a backup for the Texans. Even that's a misleading ranking since he's 10th because of the contract the Browns gave him, but they paid the $3m signing bonus already, so the Texans actually got him for roughly 3yr/$12.2m.
- - - - - - - - - - -

RB is just a terrible spot to dedicate good money in a second contract to. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's young enough that it would be safe to extend him, but not at the price of McCaffrey, Elliot, Bell, Gurley, etc.
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Mixon and think he's a great team guy cheerleader type, I don't think they should pay him $10-12 Mill a year and keep him.

If you look at many of the young Franchise QB models, the teams try to get in the same draft typically:
--LT, C, and/or RT (EX. Isaiah Wilson)
--WR (Ex. Chase Claypool)
--RB (Ex. Clyde Hellaire)
--TE (Ex. Cole Kmet)

All of those players on Offense can help protect and grow with your QB, and all are on rookie contracts.

You supplement the Team with big dollar deals on Defense and OL and other supplemental offensive pieces if needed.

Maybe this year is okay to be paying AJ Green the big money. But, I wouldn't put a lot of money into Mixon and AJ for Long term.

That money should go into the rest of the Defense and O linemen.

Draft the skill position players to groom and grow with the Franchise QB!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't go more than 10 per.

5 years 50 million, 25 guaranteed
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 06:13 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I wouldn't go more than 10 per.

5 years 50 million, 25 guaranteed

That’s too much.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 03:01 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No, I'm right. 

No, you're wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 06:13 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I wouldn't go more than 10 per.

5 years 50 million,  25 guaranteed

You do realize that would make Mixon the 6th highest paid RB in the league by average salary (5th if you don't include Henry on his franchise tag) and depending on what McCaffrey got, would be the 3rd or 4th highest amount of guaranteed money for a RB in the league, right?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd offer him 40 mil for 4 years. 25 guaranteed. I like Joe. Hope to have him for another 4 years
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 01:18 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: On the other hand, he beat a woman and is a homophobe. Why should we take another chance on him?

Or he apparently dislikes gays. That is being close minded, not a psychological condition. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Gurley's contract is killing the Rams right now you just cant give LT deals to RB's limited shelf life

i could go 3 years @ 31 million w/ a 10 million signing bonus 7 million per yr salary w/ a no holdout clause
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 04:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Mixon holds out, here are the FA RBs still available. Some are recent 1000+ yard guys.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/running-back/available/

I wonder how well Crowell recovered from the achilles injury?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 07:33 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Gurley's contract is killing the Rams right now   you just cant give LT deals to RB's  limited shelf life

i could go 3 years @ 31 million w/ a 10 million signing bonus 7 million per yr salary w/ a no holdout clause

Except that Gurley now plays for the Falcons.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Except that Gurley now plays for the Falcons.

that is my point
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 11:07 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Wants a LTC now. Do you pay him? I don’t. Not unless it’s a very friendly deal. Running backs are fungible commodities. I really like Joe, but he’s replaceable. This is per Paul Dehner.

Love Mixon but even a very good that could become great RB like Mixon is not as valuable as they used to be.

We saw that with the 49ers last season with their late round and UDFA's playing so well.

Get the O-line dominant is more important than the RB. Mixon needs to take a team friendly deal with Burrow coming in
or our other RB's will be reaping the fruits down the road. Burrow targets the RB's a lot and this is something Mixon has 
not seen nearly enough of here.
Reply/Quote
Running teams really prospered last season.. teams throw 8 million at 2/3 WRs.. which there more of.. look at games even last year where Joe got the ball those normally were competitive games.. I'm fine restructuring a contract to a k own commodity that will be crucial to Burrow's success
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 08:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Running teams really prospered last season.. teams throw 8 million at 2/3 WRs.. which there more of.. look at games even last year where Joe got the ball those normally were competitive games.. I'm fine restructuring a contract to a k own commodity that will be crucial to Burrow's success

I am too, what you say here is true. Have to admit that teams with a great O-line do better running the ball than teams with a 
great RB. Mixon needs to learn how to finish better like Derrick Henry does and score TD's and then he could ask for a bigger 
contract. Mixon fits what Burrow needs, but so does Gio and Traveon and Rodney when they are healthy.

Just don't want to overpay for a RB like the Rams did with Gurley. Hope Joe takes a team friendly deal.

Really like Mixon, always have as a Bengal. Love his heart. He plays the game with a passion which is what we need.

But if Joe wants to hold out I wouldn't mind keeping Burrow comfortable with his teammate. Would be an early pick though.
Reply/Quote