Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Joe Mixon Pops
his Cherry today.......and gets in the end zone to score his first NFL Touchdown and runs for over 100 yards!

You heard it here first Bengal Nation!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I'd say there's a good chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Could see that but doubt it will be because of good blocking.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Pops cherry!! Shocked Shocked
Reply/Quote
I agree. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it will happen as a result of terrible Browns tackling on a screen pass.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 12:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: his Cherry today.......and gets in the end zone to score his first NFL Touchdown and runs for over 100 yards!

Completely agree.  Here's to hoping he and Gio are on the field together.  I think both are sorely underutilized as receivers.  I don't care if it is a rush attempt or the so-called extension of the rushing attack (short dump passes), I just want these two with the ball in their hands in space.  

Also, let's hope we see Uzomah return to a bit of what we saw early last year.  
Reply/Quote
The Browns are without Danny Sheldon, Garrett, and Collins today. I think if we can't run on this team, we should apply to drop to division II.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 01:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Browns are without Danny Sheldon, Garrett,  and Collins today.  I think if we can't run on this team, we should apply to drop to division II.

... Or we could just fire the main problem(s)  Ninja  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 12:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: his Cherry today.......and gets in the end zone to score his first NFL Touchdown and runs for over 100 yards!

If he doesn't? I'm going to punch him in the face.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 01:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If he doesn't? I'm going to punch him in the face.

I'm guessing Joe Mixon is younger, faster and stronger Harley.. I have a hunch he could hit back a whole lot harder and he has a bunch of buddies who are similarly in great shape. 
You may want to rethink this idea. 
But if you're gonna do it make sure it's close to a hospital and you call an ambulance ahead of time and tell em you just got run over by a cement mixer.  
Make sure you have clean underwear on too.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Tee Hee
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
More like Joe Mixon pops everyone's bubble by rushing 17 times for 29 yards. That's 1.7 YPC, folks.

That drop's his season YPC from 3.1 to 2.6... ouch.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 01:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm guessing Joe Mixon is younger, faster and stronger Harley.. I have a hunch he could hit back a whole lot harder and he has a bunch of buddies who are similarly in great shape. 
You may want to rethink this idea. 
But if you're gonna do it make sure it's close to a hospital and you call an ambulance ahead of time and tell em you just got run over by a cement mixer.  
Make sure you have clean underwear on too.. 

You kidding me? I think I can take him. LOL! Beer Goggles. However, if he keeps progressing? I don't want to put him on the IR!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Hee

And I started him on Fanduel today, thinking this was going to be his breakout day.

Oh well, was just a $2 contest, anyway..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And I started him on Fanduel today, thinking this was going to be his breakout day.

Your killing me. I went Patriot strong in this one and it hurt!

EDIT: But I also had Mixon.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your killing me. I went Patriot strong in this one and it hurt!

EDIT: But I also had Mixon.

I was thinking, "We always run well against Cleveland, this is money in the bank".   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And I started him on Fanduel today, thinking this was going to be his breakout day.

Never start a Bengals player. I've learned it, but I still have trouble convincing myself 100% of the time. Like this week I started AJ Green and the Bengals D. Green did fine in the first half, but did nothing in the second half, so it turned out to be a "meh" week overall, which is not okay for AJ Green money.

Bengals D got two turnovers taken away by the refs, and Marvin put in the 2nd team defense for most of that last drive, so they gave up a TD. Ended up with only 8 points.

Bengals in fantasy will always let you down when you need it. I know it in my head, but forget it sometimes in my heart. Lol

My Team...
QB: Case Keenum
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
WR: Stephon Diggs
WR: AJ Green
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
TE: Charles Clay
K: Matt Bryant
D: Bengals

Keenum was my big gamble, and it didn't pay off at all, lol... Bryant and Bengals D also let me down. Should still come out a couple dollars ahead, but eh.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never start a Bengals player. I've learned it, but I still have trouble convincing myself 100% of the time. Like this week I started AJ Green and the Bengals D. Green did fine in the first half, but did nothing in the second half, so it turned out to be a "meh" week overall, which is not okay for AJ Green money.

Bengals D got two turnovers taken away by the refs, and Marvin put in the 2nd team defense for most of that last drive, so they gave up a TD. Ended up with only 8 points.

Bengals in fantasy will always let you down when you need it. I know it in my head, but forget it sometimes in my heart. Lol

My Team...
QB: Case Keenum
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
WR: Stephon Diggs
WR: AJ Green
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
TE: Charles Clay
K: Matt Bryant
D: Bengals

Keenum was my big gamble, and it didn't pay off at all, lol... Bryant and Bengals D also let me down. Should still come out a couple dollars ahead, but eh.

Yeah for whatever reason the Bengals defense doesn't translate well to fantasy football...even when we have a really good defense.

I think some of it is the fact that we don't run the ball well to control the clock.

Green had good fantasy numbers today.

I have Newton and Stafford. I'm going to win handily today. I started Stafford last second despite knowing the Patriots are a bad defense. It costed me 23/24 points.
Reply/Quote
re: Mixon - The issue isn't our RB's...it's our run blocking.

We need to draft a Center in the 2nd Round next year.

But basically ALL of our backs put up underwhelming stats because of the line.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Mixon - The issue isn't our RB's...it's our run blocking.

We need to draft a Center in the 2nd Round next year.

But basically ALL of our backs put up underwhelming stats because of the line.

Gio is averaging about 5 YPC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote