Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon Question
I kept Mixon on one of my fantasy teams and draft 10th in another so he may be an option there too. I noticed he improved statistically as the season went on. What do you think happened to cause that? Oline play, commitment to the run game, other factors? I've seen in JN how much you guys like him as a player. Hoping y'all have some insight on why he kept getting better last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 09:13 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I kept Mixon on one of my fantasy teams and draft 10th in another so he may be an option there too. I noticed he improved statistically as the season went on. What do you think happened to cause that? Oline play, commitment to the run game, other factors? I've seen in JN how much you guys like him as a player. Hoping y'all have some insight on why he kept getting better last year.

Those two things, tilted towards the latter.

He had some instances earlier in the season where it looked like the defense had no answer for him, and yet we would go with a long string of passing plays instead of allowing him to suck in the defense and open up the play action game.  I believe that Taylor got humbled by that a bit...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s a FF nightmare whenever I’ve had him. Big week and then a 2pt week. I would go for a different option.
Reply/Quote
I'd stay away from just about any Bengals player in FF this year.

Not for a lack of talent or anything, it's just waaaaay too uncertain between the O-Line and coaching. At 10 you'll have many better options than Mixon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Appreciate it guys, thank you. I couldn't pass on keeping him because he only counted as a 3rd rounder. So that was very good value seeing where he's being projected in drafts.

Was leaning towards other players in the league I pick 10th just so I didn't invest too heavily in Mixon overall. The Bengals schedule is pretty soft though. I think you'll be in a lot of games. The betting man in me leans toward taking the over in wins for all the AFC North teams. We all play the NFC East and AFC South. All winnable games with some bad teams mixed in.

Btw- JK Dobbins is getting a lot of buzz in training camp and Hollywood Brown looks very good since he got the two screws out of his foot and put on weight. He is crazy quick. Just some fantasy football observations from Baltimore
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 04:51 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Appreciate it guys, thank you. I couldn't pass on keeping him because he only counted as a 3rd rounder. So that was very good value seeing where he's being projected in drafts.

Was leaning towards other players in the league I pick 10th just so I didn't invest too heavily in Mixon overall. The Bengals schedule is pretty soft though. I think you'll be in a lot of games. The betting man in me leans toward taking the over in wins for all the AFC North teams. We all play the NFC East and AFC South. All winnable games with some bad teams mixed in.

Btw- JK Dobbins is getting a lot of buzz in training camp and Hollywood Brown looks very good since he got the two screws out of his foot and put on weight. He is crazy quick. Just some fantasy football observations from Baltimore

JK Dobbins is the real deal... I'm biased, but I generally don't toot the horn of every Buckeye that comes out. I think he's only a peg or 2 below Zeke talent wise, and he's gonna thrive in that system. Hollywood showed well as a rookie last year too.

I'll second the guy that said I'd avoid Mixon in fantasy... He's a pretty good real life player, but unimpressive in pretend football. We don't throw to him enough to make him valuable in ppr... And his numbers going up last year also coincided with our schedule weakening. He's a good player, but we don't maximize him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Are you in a PPR league?

If you are then his value goes way down. He's never even hit 300 receiving yards in a season, and has never hit 10 rushing TD's either. He puts up decent rush yards due to workload, but I wouldn't expect a ton of points elsewhere in comparison to some of his peers.

Fwiw, his PPR ranks among running backs the last two seasons are: 13th in 2019, and 10th in 2018.
Reply/Quote
It's a half point ppr which I really like. Ended up taking Aaron Jones. GB drafted AJ Dillon but Jones should still be the pass catching RB and get his share of TDs. Not 16 TDs like last year but Green Bay seems committed to running the ball now. So I thought he was a safe pick. When you draft that low you can't afford a bust. That's always been my strategy, then go for upside later. Ten team league I ended up with...

QB- Murray,Stafford
RB- AJones,Bell,Hunt,White,LMurray,Vaughn
WR- Julio,Evans,Kupp,McLaurin
TE- Hurst,Hooper

RB is already worrying me but the WRs kept falling in my lap. Take Hayden Hurst. He's more talented than Hooper and will get the targets Hooper had last year. Thank me later on that one. Hurst is a beast, he just got drafted with and stuck behind Andrews.
Reply/Quote
I would bet 48mil that he will have a good fantasy season this year if I had it.
Reply/Quote