Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon against the Titans
In one of the most under-the-radar performances of his career, Joe Mixon finished with 14 carries for 54 yards and 1 TD against the #2 rush defense in the NFL.

That #2 rush defense was healthy, coming off a bye, and was playing at home.

Yes, that was only 3.9 YPC, but he still ran tough and helped to get the win.

Perhaps more overlooked was his contributions in the receiving game:

6 receptions for 51 yards including a 21 yard thing of beauty where he absolutely trucked someone on the Titans.

This is what this team is about. Just getting it F'n done:

Chris Evans on his kickoff returns giving great field position.
Higgins just under 100 yards
Uzomah having 7 receptions for 71 yards
Chase setting ANOTHER NFL rookie record with his 2nd straight playoff game with 100 yards receiving.

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Know what I ABSOLUTELY love about this team is how selfless everyone is. They are a team effort. No selfish players here crying that they want more attention.

They feel like a team that thinks of themselves as “one”
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: Know what I ABSOLUTELY love about this team is how selfless everyone is. They are a team effort. No selfish players here crying that they want more attention.  

They feel like a tea that thinks of themselves as “one”

I loved Chad, but his antics about not getting the ball in a playoff game where the opponent was doing everything they could to shut him down was just wrong.  He should have known that the rest of the guys should be able to eat then and the team could win.  

This team is truly unique and so much fun to watch.  Joe Burrow is just beyond...
Reply/Quote
If you told me before the game was played:

-Burrow would throw zero TDs, 1 INT, and be sacked 9 times
-The Bengals would be held to under 20 points
- Chase would only have 1 catch beyond the line of scrimmage
-Mixon would be held under 100 yards rushing
-McPherson would have to kick 4 FGs again

I would have turned my thoughts to who we should go after in FA and the draft because the season is over.
Reply/Quote
Mixon's most impressive play was the pass for the first down when he was almost done under the sticks, but willed himself across.. It looked like he was already down, but he wasn't.. sometime in the 4th Q 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I loved Chad, but his antics about not getting the ball in a playoff game where the opponent was doing everything they could to shut him down was just wrong.  He should have known that the rest of the guys should be able to eat then and the team could win.  

This team is truly unique and so much fun to watch.  Joe Burrow is just beyond...

100% with you. I was thinking of that 2005 team magic year but there was a lot of high maintenance players there to say the least. These guys seem to have a focus as “we” not “me”. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: If you told me before the game was played:

I would have turned my thoughts to who we should go after in FA and the draft because the season is over.

That’s funny I would’ve thought “These guys are always finding a way to get it done”.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
His cutback on the TD was a beauty.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: If you told me before the game was played:

It very likely would have been but the Defense has been carrying this team since game one when they came out with full cylinders. This game is a perfect example of it. This game started with an INT and ended with an INT.

We've had great offenses before and QBs, WRs & RBs, but defense like this, never.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I love this team and all the unselfish guys. The last however many weeks we've really struggled to run the ball but we keep sticking with it. Mixon was a big part of that scoring drive a couple of really good 1st down runs and then the score itself was a beautiful run. But having said that the line got a good push on the touchdown allowing Mixon to do his magic.
Reply/Quote
I know Higgins had a couple of "drops" (when he was slammed by defenders) - but after watching highlights... he had a much better game than I remember in real time (I'm sure the alcohol was responsible for some of that.)
Reply/Quote
As disrespected and poorly the Oline actually performed not a single word against them from anyone post game.. They came through when it mattered most..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote