Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon appreciation thread
Can we just take a minute and appreciate what this kid has done this season behind an absolutely atrocious OL? I can only imagine what he could do on a team like KC or LAR.

Amazing how when we feed him the ball we either win or are in the game until the last minute.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Mixon had a good game ! The effort is still there from him.

To bad our clueless coaches decided to limit him to a dozen touches the last 6 weeks.
Reply/Quote
It could be Corey Dillon all over again.

Meaning he'll be the only thing worth watching for the next few years.

Damn man damn - i never wanted to go back there man

Reply/Quote
Love Joe Mixon. Hard runner and behind even an average o-line he would do great things. I would make o-line #1 priority of the offseason, even over LB.
Reply/Quote
Barry Sanders put up with the bad Detroit oline and still was effective. I feel Mixon is going to have to do the same. Unfortunately, Mixon will suffer financially because of it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:42 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: It could be Corey Dillon all over again.

Meaning he'll be the only thing worth watching for the next few years.

Damn man damn - i never wanted to go back there man

We still have AJ, Boyd, and Geno, so it’s not quite a one man show at this point.

Reply/Quote
I do love him as a player. Extremely talented.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We still have AJ, Boyd, and Geno, so it’s not quite a one man show at this point.

I love me some Boyd but i wouldn't be opposed to shopping the other 2 for their benefit.

FLy - Be free!

Of coarse if a miracle happens on the coaching front ..

Reply/Quote
IF we can get a Tackle that plays above average as a rookie...AND Price develops into an Average Center...our line will be MUCH BETTER.

Then, IF we sign a free agent Guard...the line is rebuilt.

It looks like we have 4 bad starters now...but there are fixes that we just have to want to make.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we can get a Tackle that plays above average as a rookie...AND Price develops into an Average Center...our line will be MUCH BETTER.

Then, IF we sign a free agent Guard...the line is rebuilt.

It looks like we have 4 bad starters now...but there are fixes that we just have to want to make.

Hell if they actually played Westerman instead  Redmond we could improve our line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who thinks the hype is a little over rated with this guy. I mean he misses the few holes the line creates and misses blocks, I think Bernard is just as good if not better. I don't think Mixon sucks by any means, I just don't think he's all that great, yet at least. But then again compared to the other players around him on this team he's pretty awesome. I just think he can be a lot better, and we haven't even seen what he can do behind a good line. If we ever get this line together I hope he takes the league by storm.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:28 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Hell if they actually played Westerman instead  Redmond we could improve our line.

Westerman was the one that got beat on the sack on the 2 point conversion. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Westerman was the one that got beat on the sack on the 2 point conversion. 

Ok he's not perfect but still better than Redmond.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the hype is a little over rated with this guy. I mean he misses the few holes the line creates and misses blocks, I think Bernard is just as good if not better. I don't think Mixon sucks by any means, I just don't think he's all that great, yet at least. But then again compared to the other players around him on this team he's pretty awesome. I just think he can be a lot better, and we haven't even seen what he can do behind a good line. If we ever get this line together I hope he takes the league by storm.

Mixon is miles better than Gio. I honestly have no idea what you’re seeing if you think otherwise.

Reply/Quote
There is no quit in Mixon for sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Mixon would rush for 1400+ yards being a good offensive line.
Reply/Quote
I really like Mixon, and I think the guy could be a leader on the team, but what scares me is how long is he going to take the losing before he becomes the next Carl Pickens / Corey Dillon / Alfred Williams / (there might be others i cant think of)? Remember how those guys couldn't wait to leave and kind of became a cancer in the locker room? Mixon seems to be one of those super competitive types that could turn if the losing continues. Hope i'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 07:51 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I really like Mixon, and I think the guy could be a leader on the team, but what scares me is how long is he going to take the losing before he becomes the next Carl Pickens / Corey Dillon / Alfred Williams / (there might be others i cant think of)? Remember how those guys couldn't wait to leave and kind of became a cancer in the locker room? Mixon seems to be one of those super competitive types that could turn if the losing continues. Hope i'm wrong.

I could see this happening in a few years. Winners want to win. They don’t want to be surrounded by “We did some good things” type people.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we just take a minute and appreciate what this kid has done this season behind an absolutely atrocious OL? I can only imagine what he could do on a team like KC or LAR.

Amazing how when we feed him the ball we either win or are in the game until the last minute.

We don't want to give him too many touches or we will have to pay him a huge second contract.  Ditto Ross.  I have no other rational understanding for WTF they are doing on offense.  

And I laughed so hard every time I saw a guy that I had never heard of make a big play on defense.  Was Atkins even playing?  Well, a back up tackle from nowhere (Ringo) looked pretty damn good and there was another tackle that played well.  Maybe those guys actually care about their job and are playing with a bit of fire?  

I point to coaching for all of this crap.  Please, clean house.  I like guys like Darrin Simmons, but I want an entirely new mindset with no ties to this group of incredibly average individuals.  Make that below average coaches because I still believe they have above average talent.  
Reply/Quote
There's no quit in Mixon, that much is obvious. If anyone is thinking of "blowing it all up" and starting fresh? Mixon is definitely one that you keep to rebuild around. Wish that I could say the same for guys like John Ross, even though he had a score, I still saw enough half-hearted efforts to question his resolve/desire to win.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote