Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon appreciation thread
(12-09-2018, 11:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We still have AJ, Boyd, and Geno, so it’s not quite a one man show at this point.

Greens got injury issues it seems and is a 12million filler hit against the cap next season. If this team is ‘rebuilding’ we may not be seeing him again. Genos good but what’s he got left in the tank before we see a drop off? I think byod and Mixon are the future.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There's no quit in Mixon, that much is obvious.  If anyone is thinking of "blowing it all up" and starting fresh?  Mixon is definitely one that you keep to rebuild around.  Wish that I could say the same for guys like John Ross, even though he had a score, I still saw enough half-hearted efforts to question his resolve/desire to win.

No shit....did you see that play in the flat where he didn't even attempt to get to the ball?  Sure, it was a little wide, but he didn't even make an effort.  The throw wasn't THAT bad.  Now, after watching him quit on Jeff Driskel, can we quit blaming Dalton for not "throwing him open"?

As for Joe Mixon, he just keeps growing on me more and more.  Love the effort, and love the desire.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:26 AM)Wyche Wrote:
No shit....did you see that play in the flat where he didn't even attempt to get to the ball? 
Sure, it was a little wide, but he didn't even make an effort.  The throw wasn't THAT bad.  Now, after watching him quit on Jeff Driskel, can we quit blaming Dalton for not "throwing him open"?

As for Joe Mixon, he just keeps growing on me more and more.  Love the effort, and love the desire.

Yes, I did see that play.  In fact, it was the inspiration for including Ross in my post.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 11:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I did see that play.  In fact, it was the inspiration for including Ross in my post.

It was exactly what came to mind when you mentioned him.  He did the same thing during the NO game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:20 AM)motoarch Wrote: Greens got injury issues it seems and is a 12million filler hit against the cap next season. If this team is ‘rebuilding’ we may not be seeing him again. Genos good but what’s he got left in the tank before we see a drop off? I think byod and Mixon are the future.

AJ does not have “injury issues.” He played all 16 games just last season. And he’s played 13+ games 6 out of his 8 seasons.

Considering how often Dalton throws high to him it’s a miracle he hasn’t been hurt more.

Ofc we’ll see him again.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We don't want to give him too many touches or we will have to pay him a huge second contract.  Ditto Ross.  I have no other rational understanding for WTF they are doing on offense.  

And I laughed so hard every time I saw a guy that I had never heard of make a big play on defense.  Was Atkins even playing?  Well, a back up tackle from nowhere (Ringo) looked pretty damn good and there was another tackle that played well.  Maybe those guys actually care about their job and are playing with a bit of fire?  

I point to coaching for all of this crap.  Please, clean house.  I like guys like Darrin Simmons, but I want an entirely new mindset with no ties to this group of incredibly average individuals.  Make that below average coaches because I still believe they have above average talent.  

I hear ya! Who the hell is Niles Scott and why have we not seen him more! 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the hype is a little over rated with this guy. I mean he misses the few holes the line creates and misses blocks, I think Bernard is just as good if not better. I don't think Mixon sucks by any means, I just don't think he's all that great, yet at least. But then again compared to the other players around him on this team he's pretty awesome. I just think he can be a lot better, and we haven't even seen what he can do behind a good line. If we ever get this line together I hope he takes the league by storm.

Yeah ok.....  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Credit to him for looking like someone who actually gives a shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the hype is a little over rated with this guy. I mean he misses the few holes the line creates and misses blocks, I think Bernard is just as good if not better. I don't think Mixon sucks by any means, I just don't think he's all that great, yet at least. But then again compared to the other players around him on this team he's pretty awesome. I just think he can be a lot better, and we haven't even seen what he can do behind a good line. If we ever get this line together I hope he takes the league by storm.

Behind the line we have right now he is 5th in the league in rushing yards per game , 8th in yards from scrimmage per games, and 9th in yards per carry.

Despite missing 2 games this year Mixon is 7th in first downs gained rushing (45) and 9th in runs of 20+ yards (7). 

And for those of you that complain the we don't give him enough carries he is 7th in carries per game.  He could use a few more touches, but it is not like our coaches have completely ignored him.

My only concern is getting 16 healthy games out of him some year.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:29 AM)Go Cards Wrote: There is no quit in Mixon for sure.

Exactly what I was going to say. Shame he is on a team that can't fully support him. Imagine him instead of Jeremy Hill on that playoff team. 
Reply/Quote
Bump

Reply/Quote
I was one of those who was against drafting Mixon...but the kid has kept his nose clean and has developed into one helluva NFL back, so I've gotta give him major kudos. He's been fun to watch this year.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has been one of the very few bright spots on this team
Reply/Quote